TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6028 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Greysight

Greysight

Female
Number of posts : 253
Warning Level :
Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : I plead the fifth!
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Empty
PostSubject: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 am

Ok guys, I've been thinking of writing, (or rather, rewriting), a fan fic of my own. I've tried to write this one in particular before but I lost my drive and could not continue alone the path that I had started.

...and so, I'm back to square one.

The premise of the fan fic is this:

There is a small group islands hidden in the Pacific populated by mutant animals, they even have their own form of military called the Mutant Militia. Most of the mutants on the islands were born that way or were found elsewhere in the world and brought to live there; however, there are those who were born human before they became mutant animals. I can't really divulge on how or why this happens with out ruining the story.

Anyways, the main OC in the story is a human-turned-mutant-turtle named Yumiko Tezlov. She was taken to the island and turned into a mutant at a very young age and trained as a soldier... and then she discovers a terrible secret some of the higher figures in Miutant Militia are hiding. Before she can expose it, they frame her for the murder of the president of the island and she is forced to retreat!

And now she's on the run and these villians begin to carry out their terrible plans.

AAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDD here is where I'm stuck.

First of all, I can't decide whether or not she can gain allies within the mutant militia or if she should be stuck to deal with this problem all on her own.

If she can gain allies, then some of them can defect (abandon their posts) and others can work as spies in the militia to get information and sabotog them from within. This also means that those that defect can create their own revolutionary group and wage scirmashes with the Militia. While this could by no means defeat them, it could easily make it harder for them to enact their plans.

If she stuck to deal with this problem all alone. It means that means, well, that she's forced to be more resourceful and take measures to a higher extreme. By this, I mean that she will have to act like the bad guy (Murder, Theivery, Torture and etc) to get the job done.

That is just the first fork in the road I have to deal with. Either way, I have already decided that the TMNT will meet the Mutant Militia first who will make Yumiko out to be the villian. If she has the revolutionary group, theen she's a leader of a group of rebels. If she's alone, then she's a treasonous murderer bent on destroying everything that the islands have worked for.

I need some input here, maybe it will give me the drive to actually write this story to its completion.
Back to top Go down
http://clandestinetmnt.proboards.com/
Greysight

Greysight

Female
Warning Level :
Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: deleted   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 pm

deleted

Last edited by Greysight on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double post)
Back to top Go down
CrazdMikeyfan15

CrazdMikeyfan15

Female
Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Sounds like my story Underground Battleground. If you want, you can use some ideas from there. I'm giving you special permission, no copyright infringment. Sorry, but that's all I have.
Back to top Go down
Greysight

Greysight

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Haha, actually when I read the first few posts, It reminded me of an RP I did back in The Technodrome called 'a tale of 3 cities'. In that one, Greysight does get her revolutionaries together and they set up 3 underground cities/encampments to fight the Mutant Militia. One of them was in New York City.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 am

I think she should be stuck to deal with the problem alone. I dunno, there's something really interesting going on there.
Back to top Go down
Greysight

Greysight

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Well, okay, she's on her own. It means she would most likely fail in the end... but that brings in another awesome story in itself; and, she can blame herself, (and others might too) for her complete failure.

Now, should I do it in first person or third person perspective?

If I do it in first person, should I put it in her point of view ("I looked at him and said...") or oneof the turtles, ("she looked to me and said...").

If I do it in third? ("She looked to him and said...") And if i do it that way, should I describe just the thoughts of a few, or everyone's?

Now, if I do it from her POV I'm very tempted to write out her entire history. That is, start out with everything that makes her what she is today.
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Number of posts : 1047
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leo, obviously. But I love all of them <3
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:37 pm

I'd say it depends on how involved you want others to be in the story. If it benefits the story to know what's going on in the turtle's (and/or other character's) heads as well as Greysights then I'd do it in third person omniscient, but if not it'd be very interesting to read it in first person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2696443/44TayLo
Greysight

Greysight

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Well...

That brings me to another subject. This fan fiction will be dark and gritty. The rating will most likely be PG 13 or R due to violence, language, and adult situations.

If I do it in first person, (or third person limited) and it's not Greysight... I'd want to do it in the point of view of one of the turtles; but since I also want a bit of romance, I want it to be whomever she has a 'love'/'hate' relationship with...

Greysight comes across as a serious and violent individual who will do anything and everything to get the job done, (the ends justifies the means). She is known to manipulate enemies and bystanders alike to achieve her goal and will be more than happy to kill an enemy she no longer sees the 'use' in. In fact, she sees no problem in killing an unarmed opponent. In spite of her manipulations, she's a relatively honest person and had a (skewed) code of conduct.

This code of conduct dates back from when she was more light hearted and happy, back before she was villinized by her own people and forced to go on the run. She may try to ignore someone in need of help, but in the end she will help them even at the risk of her own life. She does not steal or kill the innocent, but will harm and even kill anyone who does so.

But.... Greysight didn't used to be such a 'stick in the mud'. She used to be light hearted and happy. A loyal soldier of the Mutant Militia with friends, family, and even a boyfriend. She likes a good joke as much as the next person and loves hanging out with friends.

Despite acting like a 'grunt', she's actually pretty smart. She loves to read and is 'ok' at logic puzzles and strategic games. She's no computer genious, but the ilsands are slightly more advanced than the rest of the world, (they hide their islands with a cloak/shield).

Now, in RPGs I've had her pair up with Leonardo, Raphael, and even Michelangelo (mirage version, I can't stand the movie/cartoon version of him). The reason why it has never been Donatello, is because there another character I play that has always been paired up with him so he's out of the question.

Anyways, between the two, who should it be? Leo or Raph?
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:31 am

Hm... she could go with either. If I was to choose, I would go with Raph. Her and Leo would clash too much. My opinion, of course. :]
Back to top Go down
Greysight

Greysight

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Well that's one for Raph, anyone else?
Back to top Go down
CrazdMikeyfan15

CrazdMikeyfan15

Female
Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Raph, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Number of posts : 1047
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leo, obviously. But I love all of them <3
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Yeah go with Raph, then I can have Leo to myself! Haha just kidding. On a serious note, it depends on the character development. Is Greysight going to be dynamic or stay the same for the most part? If you want her to become more like her past self, light hearted and happy, you could possibly make Leo sort of a major role in her emotional struggle, which could possibly lead to romance. If not, Raph would be much better. That's just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2696443/44TayLo
Greysight

Greysight

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Hrm... Well, that's a good question. Now I just have to decide! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!   Help!  Fan Fiction writer's block! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Fan Fiction writer's block!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT-Forum :: Misc :: Randomness-
Jump to: