Welcome to 4069 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

TMNT immature?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrazdMikeyfan15

Female
Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: TMNT immature?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 pm

People keep telling me that the ninja turtles are immature, but are they? Can you please list some reasons why they're not?

I can think of a few:

The comics that started it all was dark, bloody, and was geared towards teens and adults, and people still stay true to that area.
They are episodes in the 2k3 series that were extremely dark: The Darkness Within, Same as it Never Was, I, Monster, there was even an episode so dark 4kids scrapped it.

Any other reasons?
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Female
Number of posts : 1047
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Leo, obviously. But I love all of them <3
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Oh boy. I think I feel a rant coming on...

Character development!!! The characters are wayyyyyyyyyy too complex for children to handle! I won't go into a detailed explanation 'cause that might seem obsessive Anime smile

Also, some of the jokes require you to know media background, especially the ones by Mikey ("Whatchu talkin bout Willis?"). With Doni's jokes, you need to know some scientific words ("unfortunately, the lowly turtle has been stereotyped as being velocity challenged" Raph:"...what?"). Even Raph makes a joke where you need to know a big word that at the age of thirteen I still had to look up. (it was antihistamine Confused).

Yeah...so those are my reasons. Anime smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2696443/44TayLo
turcosoup

Male
Number of posts : 610
Warning Level :
25 / 10025 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Kirby. yeah werent expecting that werent you?
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 am

leonardo is pretty mature. for fifteen year oldsthey are pretty damn mature
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/turcosoup#p/u
FallenAngel4000

Number of posts : 2160
Location : somewhere but nowhere i can easily lose myself but am i lost or just not found
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : ^~^

ALL OF 'DEM!!!!
Shells : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:14 pm

wha???!!!! who said that!? i think their totally mature like i mean what kind of teenagers don't smoke don't take drugs don't go out past their curfew respect people and care for them with so much passion for their families i only know five Leo Raph Mikey Don and my cousin Adrian. so there!
Back to top Go down
CrazdMikeyfan15

Female
Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Great, guys! I really needed all that! I think people see tmnt as the 80s and the 2 k3 shows that they don't see beyond that!

P.S.: It was a relative of mine
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel4000

Location : somewhere but nowhere i can easily lose myself but am i lost or just not found
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

ALL OF 'DEM!!!!

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah my mum was like that she used to tell me that i shouldn't spend so much time fussing over things that don't exist. yeah i never listened.
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:35 am

Mine too!!! It drives me crazy. Can't she except I'm obsessed and deal with it?
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

Female
Number of posts : 7905
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that donīt know a bit of Geography, Lisbonīs the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Itīs very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because heīs not what he appears to be, heīs actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because heīs got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 am

Who called them immature?! I'm gonna kick their sorry shells!
I'd give you a lot of reasons of why they're NOT immature but apparently, you pretty much said them all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mcazevedo
thelostkingdom

Male
Number of posts : 3198
Location : behind you, booooo (I'm a ghost)... Barcelona(Spain)
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Raphael
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:43 pm

TMNT is immature with the "normal" pleople's eyes.... Sorry but this is the reality.
Of course that I don't think this about our turtles.
Back to top Go down
http://recuerdoslibro.blogspot.com/
Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:11 am

My family know I like TMNT and are cool with it... they don't know how much I love it though. XD

Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:43 pm

[quote="thelostkingdom"]TMNT is immature with the "normal" pleople's eyes.... Sorry but this is the reality.
Of course that I don't think this about our turtles.
[/quote]

I hate to admit it, but you're right. But then again, this just proves how mature you have to be to get it because it's so deep!
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel4000

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

ALL OF 'DEM!!!!

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:37 pm

i guess also older people saw the 80's version and i'm telling you that one wasn't as deep or as mature as the 2k3 seasons one they made horrible jokes and the animation was always too bright and cheerful honestly in my honest opinion no ofence to those you like the 80's version but i feel that it was basicly targeted for young kids (3-6)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMNT immature?   

Back to top Go down

TMNT immature?
Page 1 of 1