Welcome to 3800 day old Forum, with 748 users!
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Number of posts : 1047
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Leo, obviously. But I love all of them <3
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:31 pm

This is a sequel to Angels and Demons. There really isn't much before I jump right into the plot, (it's a lot more fun to write that way Smile) so if you haven't read the first book you'll be completely lost.

*Sigh* Alrighty then. I've actually been writing like a maniac and have the next to chapters already finished. I'm going to be totally honest and tell you upfront. This is another cliff-hanger. Yes, I can already feel the hate (jk).

Oh, and be prepared for a bit more cussing, as well as alcohol and drug references. (Does anyone know if I can post swear words if I say this is rated T?)

Now that that's all out of the way, enjoy!

The Real World

Chapter One: Grief

[i]“Life sucks.”[/i] Leo thought to himself.

“Couldn’t agree more.” Raph sighed.

Leo turned towards his brother. “Did I say that out loud?”

“Now I’m really loosing it.”

Raph laughed sadly. “We’ve all just ‘bout lost it.”[i] “Nothing’s been the same since they passed.” [/i]He thought to himself.

“Where is everybody?” Leo asked after a pause.

“Karai’s tranin. Mikey’s watchin TV again and Doni’s workin on his experiments.”

“And Joi?”

“Sleepin I think.” Raph answered after a pause.

Leo sat in the kitchen in silence.

“Ya should join Karai. Ya haven’t trained in a while.”

His brother shook his head. “Karai needs to train by herself. It helps her blow off steam.”

“Suit yerself.” Raph sighed. He grabbed a snack from the fridge and walked into the living room.

Leo sat there for a moment before going to his room. He passed the training dojo and saw Karai burying her face into a towel. He realized she was crying.

“Karai?” He asked. He felt a bit awkward.

She looked up at him, then looked away.

Leo walked over towards her and placed a hand on his friend’s shoulder. “Why don’t you go talk to Mikey? He’s in the living room.”

Karai nodded. She reached up and gripped Leo’s hand, which was still on her shoulder. Taking a deep breath, she left to go find Mikey.

Leo turned and saw Joi had snuck up behind him.

“You’re losing your edge.” She joked, but even so she looked depressed.

“Maybe a little.” He admitted.

“Is…I mean…Raph knows I’m just depressed, right? He doesn’t take it personal or anything does he?”

“I don’t know.” He admitted. “I can find out for you if you’d like.”

“Please.” She sighed. “Do you know where he is?”

“In the living room.”

“Thanks. And Leo?”

She gave him a hug. Leo stared at her in surprise.

She pulled away. “You know, you worry all of us sometimes.”

“I’m fine.” He reassured her.

“Ok.” She sighed. She walked off in the direction of the living room.

Leo watched her leave. An image of Evelyn flashed in his head, but he quickly shook it away. Master Splinter’s face also began to penetrate through the mental block he’d created. The only thing he could think of to help this was a run on the surface. “But I really don’t feel like going up-top alone…”

Leo walked into the living room. “Does anyone want to go for a run with me?”

Everyone was watching some movie that was one TV.

Raph looked up for a second. Joi was asleep and this movie was terrible. “Sure why not.” He carefully got up without waking Joi.

He and Leo walked out into the sewers without saying a word.

“How do you think…how do you think everyone’s doing?” Leo asked, breaking the silence.

Raph shrugged. “I don’t know. Better I guess.”

He nodded.

“How are ya doin?” He continued after a pause.

Leo shrugged. “You know it’s funny.”

Raph looked at him curiously as he lifted the cover off of the manhole.

“You, me, Mikey, and Don. We’re all stuck at different stages of grief.”

“What da ya mean?”

“Doni’s still in shock. Mikey feels pain and guilt. I’m angry.” He sighed as the two brothers climbed a fire escape and began running across the buildings of New York. It was dark, yet certain areas of the city were as bright as if it were day because of all of the lights that were on.

“I guess there isn’t really a need for stars when we have so many lights.” Leo said to himself more than Raph. “I used to hate that we couldn’t see any stars.”

“What am I?”

“Ya said we were all stuck at stages of grief. So what am I?”

Leo stopped and looked at him a moment. “You are depressed and lonely. But,” He added. “That’s also the time of self-reflection.”

Raph thought about this for a second. He shrugged. “Maybe I’ve been feeling that way a little.”

“Especially since Joi’s been distancing herself.” Leo ventured.

“She’s just upset.” He replied in a defensive tone.

“I know. I was just making sure you knew.”

Raph stared at him. “You sure are a piece of work, Leo.”

“I’m not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult.” He joked, though his face showed no signs of humor.

“This…this is gonna sound weird…” Raph sighed as held his neck awkwardly. “But I’m kinda…proud of ya.”

“Proud?” Leo asked.

“Fer not actin all…I don’t know…emo?”

“Emo?” Leo repeated. He burst out laughing.

“It’s just,” He said between gulps of air. “That’s the perfect word, if you’re using it in the context I think you are.”

“I’m talkin about the way ya acted after we got Shredder banished.”

Leo laughed harder.

“Ok, ya seriously need ta stop now ‘cause yer freakin me out.”

“Sorry.” He sighed. He walked to the edge of the building and sat down so his legs dangled off the side.

Raph stared at him for a second before following.

“You want to let me inside your head?” He asked Raph.

“Not really.”

“I didn’t think so.”

They sat in silence for a while as they watched the streets below.

“I guess…I was just thinkin. Sensei would want us ta stay together and ta stay strong. So when Mikey talks ‘bout gettin his own place, even though I know he never will, it makes me feel depressed.”

Leo winced at the word "Sensei". Even so he turned towards his brother. “I know what you mean.”

Raph paused for a moment before continuing. “And now Joi ain’t talkin ta me a whole lot…”

“She isn’t talking to anyone very much.” He interjected.

“Yeah.” Raph agreed. “I wonder if it has anythin ta do with her parents’ death. She said she thought of Sensei as another father. So now she’s lost a parent three times.”

“That’s very likely.”

“I just feel like Master Splinter-“

Leo flinched.

“-and Evelyn,”

He flinched again.

“Are gone. And as much as we wish there was, there ain’t nothin we can do ‘bout it.”

“It’s the nature of a person to want to change what they can’t.” Leo stated. “That being said, I wish I could agree with you, but then I’d be a hypocrite.”

“Yeah, well I guess I’m a bit of a hypocrite too. But still.” He shrugged.

Thunder rolled across the sky.

“It’s going to rain.”

“Mhm.” Raph agreed.

“It doesn’t seem fair does it?”

“What?” He asked, though he knew full well what his brother was talking about.

“That they’re gone. Everyone always talks about karma and how everything that happens to you is a result of how you’ve acted. We haven’t done anything bad enough to deserve this, have we? And I don’t think Sensei or Evelyn did either.” His voice strained at the last sentence. It was the first time he’d said their names out loud since their death.

“Have you ever wondered why we are the way we are?” He looked down at one of his hands. “Why we weren’t born as someone else?”

“Sometimes.” Raph admitted.

“We were born screwed for life.” He said bitterly. “And now it seems as if every bit of normalcy we’ve known has been taken.”

“Come on. Ya don’t mean that.”

Leo sighed. “No. Not really. I wouldn’t change most things about my life. It’s made me who I am.”

“Yeah. Except that.”

Drops of rain began to fall slowly, then increased rapidly until the slight drizzle turned into an all-out downpour.

“Mikey’s been acting a lot more serious.” Leo commented

“He hasn’t made one joke.” Raph agreed.

“And Doni’s been in a dream world.”

Raph waited to see if Leo was going to say anything else. After a couple minutes he stood up. “We should go back.”

“I’m going to stay out here for a while. You can go back if you want.”

“Ya sure you’ll be ok?”

Leo managed a strained smile. “Yeah I’ll be fine.”

Raph nodded and slowly walked back to the Lair.

Leo sat there for a while, trying to clear his mind. Eventually he gave up and was about to start running back across the buildings, when he saw a girl in the alley bellow. She was huddled against some boxes in an attempt to try and keep out of the rain.

The girl’s face was covered by wet strands of black hair.

She sneezed and silently lifted her purple sleeved arm to wipe her nose solemnly.
Leo stared at the girl blankly. It couldn’t be who he thought it was. It was impossible!

Of course, they hadn’t ever found her body, and there had been countless times where he could have sworn he saw her when he went for training runs.

She lifted her head up and looked up towards where he was hiding.

It was her alright.

Leo moved out of his hiding place and jumped down into the alley.

Evelyn looked at him in surprise.

They stood in silence.

“I know you, don’t I.” She said slowly.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 pm

More more more more MORE!!! *begins foaming in the mouth* Must have fanfic!!
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 7905
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that don´t know a bit of Geography, Lisbon´s the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : It´s very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because he´s not what he appears to be, he´s actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because he´s got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.
Shells : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 pm

YAAAYZ! Sequel! In Crazds' words: More more more more MORE! ;D
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:01 am

Chapter 2: Mutagen

He stared at her dumbfounded. “Yes. We know each other.” He finally answered.

“It must have been before…” She trailed off. “Hmm. Let me see if I can remember your name.” She shut her eyes tightly. “Leo, right? Yes. That must be it.” She opened them and smiled slowly. “Yeah. We were good friends, weren’t we?”

Leo sat down on a cardboard box across from her own. “You…you mean you don’t remember…”

She shook her head. “I don’t remember hardly anything from before.” She shrugged. “I remember you though.”

“What do you mean, before?”

“Before the lab.”

“What lab?” He asked, beginning to feel frustrated.

“That guy’s lab…Boston? No…Bishop. I think that’s what he said his name was.”

“Bishop?! What would he want with you?”

“Well, I think he experimented with magic, and I guess I can use it.”

“But that doesn’t explain your memory…” He trailed off. “This makes no sense!” He thought to himself.

“A lot of his experiments had to do with hitting me. Maybe I have amnesia?” She suggested.

Leo shook his head. “That’s only in movies. I mean, it’s possible. But not likely…Wait, he hit you?”

“I know!” She exclaimed triumphantly. “He was trying to erase my memories of his lab and the experiments he did, but it had the reverse affect. Now I can only remember what happened there and everything after that. But even that’s kinda fuzzy. I can remember some things though. You triggered some of the memories I’d forgotten.”

“Like what?”

“I’m pretty sure we were in a cave once, and I remember your home…didn’t we call it the Lair?”

Leo held his head in his hands. None of this seemed real. Evelyn was back from the dead it seemed, but she was missing a vital part of herself.

“Look, why don’t we go back to the Lair? Maybe you will remember more there.”

“Ok.” She agreed. “Um, I hate to ask, but is there any way we could drive there?”

She lifted her pant leg and showed him her swollen ankle.

“I think it’s just sprained, but it hurts a lot.”

“How did this happen?”

“Bishop’s experiments.”

Leo sighed. They were going to need to have a long talk about everything, he could tell. But first they needed to get out of the rain.

“I’ll call the others.” He got out his shell-cell and dialed Raph’s number.

“I’m forgetting something important.” She muttered to herself. “I just now it.”

“’Sup?” Raph’s voice asked through the shell-cell.

“You’ll never guess who’s back from the dead.”

“What? Back from the dead? Leo, ya sure ya aren’t imaginin things?”

“It’s Evelyn by the way, and if you don’t believe me, I’ll let you talk to her.”

Raph sighed. “It’s not that I don’t trust ya, it’s just hard ta swallow. Ya’d better let me talk ta her.”

Leo held the phone out to Evelyn. “Raph wants to talk to you.”

She took the phone and pressed it against her ear. “Raph…hmm…you’re one of Leo’s brothers right? Yes. I remember. The one with the red mask.”

“Yeah.” He said slowly. “That’s Evelyn’s voice, but how come she doesn’t remember me?” He wondered. “Do me a favor and hand the phone back to Leo.”

“Ok.” She held the phone out to him.

“What’s wrong with her memory?” He asked.

“I’m not entirely sure, but it has something to do with Bishop.”

“Bishop.” Raph growled. “I already owe him some payback.”

“Can you do me a favor and bring the Battle-Shell here? She hurt her leg.”

“Yeah, but ya know everyone’s gonna ask me where I’m going and they’re all gonna want ta come along.”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“Where are ya?”

“In the alleyway below the building you and I were talking on.”

“Be there in a second.” He hung up.

Evelyn sat there trying to remember things, which suited Leo just fine. He was too stressed to talk right now.

Soon Raph arrived at the alley, along with everyone else.

They all jumped out of the car and walked over towards the two.

Karai walked over to her sister and looked at her.

“So you really are alive? And you have forgotten everything?” She asked slowly.

“Most everything.” She admitted. “But now I’m remembering a lot. It hurts a bit actually.” She massaged her temples.

“Do you remember me?” She asked slowly, trying to keep her composure.

“Of course I remember you. And Shredder…and running away...and…oh!” She exclaimed suddenly. “I fought with you. But you helped me, then we came here! Right?” She frowned. “Ugh. I feel like an idiot.” She sighed.

“You should!” Karai yelled, angry now. “You knew Shredder had an emergency self-destruct button for the building in his armor!” She punched her sister lightly on the arm.

“Ouch!” Evelyn frowned. She slid her sleeve up her arm exposing a few healing bruises, one of which was right where Karai had hit her. “That hurt.” She said dryly. “Besides, I don’t even know what you’re talking about.”

Mikey stared at Evelyn. “Who don’t you remember?” He asked curiously. “Because the last time one of our friends ‘came back from the dead’ they didn’t remember me but remembered everyone else!* I won’t stand for that this time!”

“Don’t worry Mikey. I think I remember most of the important stuff now.” She looked at the gang. “You guys are looking at me funny…I’m in trouble aren’t I?” She grimaced.

“Yes you are!” Karai growled. “If you hadn’t run off in the first place, we never would have had to rescue you from Shredder! And even then you still managed to get yourself blown up! How exactly did you survive?”

“Again, I’m not sure what you’re talking about.”

“I’m referring to the huge explosion!”

“Oh, that. Shredder was there?” She frowned. “I thought I just screwed up and blew the place up with magic. In any case, I was able to make a pretty strong shield with the air around me. I think that’s what happened anyway. Things are still fuzzy.” She rubbed her neck, cracking it by moving it side to side. “I’m not sure how I did it though. That would have taken a lot of energy.”

“The positive energy from Shredder’s blasts.” Doni suggested. He shook his head. “Back from the dead.” He sighed. “It’s hard to believe. In any case, welcome back.”

“Thanks Don.” She smiled slightly.

“You know, you caused all of us a lot of stress.” Joi stated. She grabbed Raph’s hand silently.

“Looks like that problem’s taken care of.” Raph sighed with relief.

“I know.” She said guiltily.

Leo sat down next to her. He hugged her quietly. “If you ever do anything like that again, I swear I’ll handcuff you to the couch.” He told her.

She laughed lightly, then pulled away. “Wow you sure are protective.”

He gave her a funny look. “Of course I’m protective.”

She shrugged. “Maybe it was an obvious thing for me to say. I remember all of your names and a few minor details, but I’m drawing a blank on a lot of it still.”

“Like…like what exactly?” Leo asked, worried now.

“Well I couldn’t really tell you.” She smiled slightly. “They’re things I forgot.”

“But what do you remember?”

She shrugged. “I remember an orphanage, Shredder adopting me, working for him, fighting with Karai, meeting you, then coming here.”

“I mean what do you remember about us.”

“Raph’s a hothead, Doni’s a science geek, and Mikey’s a goofball. You’re the leader,” She indicated to Leo. “Karai is my sister, and Joi is dating Raph.” She replied. “And you guys are like brothers to me, I think.” She added, referring to the turtles. “Except you.” She turned to Leo. “I’m in…what’s the word?”

“Love?” Mikey suggested. He tried not to laugh.

“Yes that’s it! I’m in love with you.” She blushed.

Relief washed over Leo. He sighed. “Well I’m glad some things haven’t changed.”

“What about me?” Joi asked in mock hurt. “I thought we were like sisters!”

“We are…I think.” Evelyn sighed. “Does anyone have an asprin?”

“There’s some back at the Lair.” Mikey replied.

“Thanks.” She began to follow them to the Battle-Shell but stopped suddenly as something occurred to her. She gasped. “You all need to get out of here!”

“What? Why?” Raph asked.

“Now I remember why Bishop let me go!” She explained in a rush. “They were going to follow me and use me as bait!”

“Sir, it seems she’s gotten her memory back.” One of Bishop’s men informed him through a com-link. He was stationed on a nearby building along with a group of men under his command.

“Then we cannot procrastinate any longer.” Bishop sneered.

“Roger that.” The man turned to the group. “Ready the snipers.”

“We were lucky enough to be able to hack into Saki’s computer and glean information about this girl. She’s helped my research advance ten years ahead of schedule!” Bishop proclaimed. “So do not mess this up!”

“Yes sir!” The man replied.

“If only Saki hadn’t been informed of our surveillance. Then maybe we would have been able to conduct this experiment on the four of the terrapins by now.” Bishop thought out loud.

“But Bishop,” Stockman asked. “Why are we firing the mutagen now? Why not wait until we’ve captured them?”

“Because Stockman, this way, even if by some miracle they manage to escape my clutches, the turtles will experience the mutation.”

“But what use is this if we can’t capture them?”

“The mutagen should leave a…mark if you will.” Bishop grinned maliciously at his own brilliance. “We will be able to tell who they are later on and capture them. But the likelihood of them escaping when there is anesthesia in the mutagen is practically zero.”

Stockman nodded slowly. “I suppose that makes sense.” “I wouldn’t have risked it though.” He added to himself silently.

“Bait? For what exactly?” Mikey asked.

“It was…something.” She sighed. “Something bad!” She looked at the others, who were staring at her. “What are you waiting for? Get out of here!”

“Fine, but you’re coming with us.” Leo replied.

“Leo, think for a second. If they’re using me as bait, I probably have one of those things on me. You know, one of the things that show someone where you are.”

“A tracer?” Doni asked.

“Yes that.”

Doni hopped into the Battle-Shell and came back out quickly with his brown duffle bag. He walked back over to the group and sat it down next to Evelyn. Opening it, he quickly got out a device of his own invention.

“What’s that?” Evelyn asked.

“It can detect anything giving off a signal.” He replied as he waved it over Evelyn.

The device began to beep softly when it was directly above her shoulder. Doni looked at it carefully and saw a tiny tracer barely big enough to be seen with the naked eye. He grabbed it off of her and crushed it in his hand.

“That takes care of that!” Mikey grinned.

“Ya know, every time ya somethin like dat ya jinx it!” Raph scolded.

“Hey I’m not the one who always jinxes it! Leo’s the one who says stuff like-“ Mikey quickly tried to turn and look at his shoulder.

“What is it?” Karia asked.

“I don’t know. It felt like something bit me.”

“Mosquitos?”Joi suggested.

“Maybe.” Mikey groped his shoulder. “It’ just my luck. I always get bit on that tiny part of your shoulder you can’t see…you know. Right before your shell…”

“I think you’re exaggerating a little, Mikey.” Doni pointed out.

“Oh what would you know, brainiac?” Mikey’s fingers closed around a glass cylinder. “What the shell?” He pulled it out just as his vision started to blur. He could just make out the numbers

“Mikey? Are you alright?” Karia asked. She took the cylinder from his hand. “Doni!” She called worriedly.

Doni looked at what was now in Karai’s hands. It consisted of a hollow glass cylinder and a needle. “It looks almost like a tranquilizer dart.” He commented.

Raph began to draw one of his sais when an exact replica of the dart that had hit Mikey hit him. Except this time, the numbers were

Mikey sank to his knees. He sat against the wall of one of the buildings creating the ally. Karai sat next to him.

“Are you ok?” She asked worriedly.

“My body feels like it’s on fire.” He groaned. “I’ve felt this pain before…” He thought to himself before he blacked out.

“Where are these coming from?” Leo asked in frustration.

Raph yanked the dart out of his arm and crushed it in his hand without noticing.

“Raph? Did you get shot too?” Joi asked nervously.

“It’s nothin.”

“We need to get out of here.” Leo commanded.

“What about Mikey?” Evelyn asked.

“Doni and I will get him. Can you use magic still?”

“I think so.”

“Try and make a shield around us with the air.”

“Right.” She nodded.

“On it!” Don called as he and Leo ran over to Mikey.

Raph gritted his teeth as he tried to stay awake.

Joi put an arm around his back and he leaned on her a little.

“We just need to get to the truck, ok?” She told him.

The same pain that had affected Mikey began to course through him.

Meanwhile, Evelyn tried to move the air around her into a shield. She would get it for a second, then loose it. “This is aggravating.” She mumbled to herself.

Doni and Leo both lifted Mikey.

“Karai, get into the truck.” Leo told her.

“There isn’t anything you can do right now right? And we’ll be right behind you.”

“Fine.” She complied. She got up and ran over to the Battle-Shell. She opened the back door so everyone could hop in quickly.

Joi and Raph made it over to her first, hopping into the vehicle quickly.

As soon as Joi helped Raph into one of the seats, he passed out.

Doni and Leo stopped for a moment.

“There hasn’t been another dart in a while.” Don commented. “Do you think it stopped.”

Leo shook his head. “There have only been two darts so far, and both have met their mark. Come on.” He urged. “Evelyn, you can stop now.”

She turned to him, sweat on her brow. Nodding slowly, she ran into the Battle-Shell.

“We’re going to make it.” Leo thought to himself. He gave Don a look as he felt something pierce his neck.

Doni groaned. “Don’t pass out on me now! I can’t carry both of you.”

Leo nodded and they both ran jumped into the back of the truck carrying Mikey. Doni shut the doors quickly.

Joi jumped into the front seat. “Hold on!” She yelled as she gunned it down the street.

“Huh. Only turtle standing it seems.” Doni commented.

“Can it, Don.” Leo said, out of breath as the mutagen worked its way into his system.

“Sorry. I just figured I should say something stupid like that since Mikey can’t.” He walked over to where Leo was sitting and grabbed the dart from out of his neck. “I’ll have to analyze this for any traces of what was in here. Then we can figure out what it’s supposed to do.” He examined it carefully. “ Mikey’s said That means there’s a good chance whatever was in that dart was in the one that got Mikey.”

He sat down on the floor next to Mikey. Doni suddenly groaned. He clutched his ankle and noticed a small white cylinder poking out of it. He pulled it out carefully. “Same first four numbers. Except this time the last on is a four.” He muttered. When Leo didn’t respond he looked up at him. “And fearless leader is out cold too.” He sighed. He groaned again as the burning sensation in his ankle worked up his leg and into the rest of his body. He closed his eyes and waited for the unconsciousness he knew must follow.

“Well crap! What do we do know?!” Joi growled.

“Do you think the Bishop’s men will come after us?” Karai asked.

“If they went to this much trouble, probably.

“Sir?” The leader of the snipers said into his com-link.

“Status report.” Bishop commanded.

“They-they got away…”

“What?!” He growled.

Stockman folded his arms, well whatever arms he had left, and rolled his eye. “I knew this would happen.”

“Quiet, Stockman!” Bishop glared.

“Should we pursue them?”

“Of course you should pursue them!”

Bishop waited, too furious to say anything.

“The vehicle is no longer in our range of vision…” The leader finished.

Bishop stopped for a moment and composed himself. “It is of no matter.” He said calmly. “The mutagen will make it easy to find them. All we have to do is wait a few hours.”

“What do we do?” Karai sat next to Joi in the passanger seat.

“We need to go somewhere safe and find someone who can identify what was in the darts the way Don was going to.” Evelyn replied simply. She was standing between where Joi and Karai were sitting. She looked back at Leo nervously. He was sweating a lot. She felt odd for feeling so concerned over someone she didn’t remember existed until a little bit ago.

“Where should we go?” Joi asked.

“You’re asking the wrong person.” Evelyn shook her head.

“The farmhouse.” Karai replied.

“Perfect. And who are we gonna call?”

“Ghost Busters?”

Joi and Evelyn glared at her.

“Sorry. I joke when I am nervous. Blame it on spending too much time with Mikey.”

“Do you think April would be able to do it?” Joi suggested.

“Isn’t April the redheaded chick?” Evelyn mused. “I thought she was more of a computer geek.”

“Mikey once mentioned having a friend named Leatherhead who was good at science like Doni. I do not know how to contact him though.” Karai said in frustration.

“Then April is our best bet.” Evelyn shrugged.

“Karai, you call April. Tell her to meet us at the farmhouse.”

“And tell her to bring a few extra pairs of Casey’s clothes.” Evelyn said, her voice shaking.

“Why?” Karai asked curiously as she grabbed a shell-cell from her sweat pant pocket.

Evelyn pointed toward the back of the car.

Karai looked and gasped out loud.

“What?” Joi asked, slightly panicked.

The sisters shook their heads, unable to speak.

Joi stopped at a red light and looked behind her. The turtles had vanished without a trace. In their place were four passed out, teenage boys.

(Note: Yes. It is that type of fic.)

(* Refers to Professor Honeycutt. I can't remember the episode though and I'm to lazy to search for it, haha!)
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:01 am

OH! And I don't own Ghost Busters!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Sounds a little like tsukeru's fanfic idea, but a little different. but, either way, 80.

I don't see how turning them into teenage boys would help Bishop in any way. They'll blend in easier, won't they? But that's just fromm my limited view of what you posted, so there will be more to it!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:35 pm

[quote="CrazdMikeyfan15"]Sounds a little like tsukeru's fanfic idea, but a little different. but, either way, 80.

I don't see how turning them into teenage boys would help Bishop in any way. They'll blend in easier, won't they? But that's just fromm my limited view of what you posted, so there will be more to it![/quote]

I was afraid of that Dead I was actually a little worried when tsukeru posted the first chapters of her fic, 'cause I'd been planning this and didn't want to seem like I'd copied her.

The whole thing with Bishop will be revealed. But prob a bit later in the story. I'll give you guys a hint though. It's not so much what they can do AS humans, but that they can be TURNED human.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 2160
Location : somewhere but nowhere i can easily lose myself but am i lost or just not found
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : ^~^

Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:03 pm

(Omy gosh i was going to make a fan fic as well where they guys where human too only it was before the RPG i made like a prologue to it i just want you to know i wasn't copying you or Tsukeru"s fan fic whereever that is ( i haven't even read it but i might now))

Awesome job i love this fan fic so far i can't wait to read the rest of it love the idea and Yay! you brought Evelyn back!!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks guys! Sorry this took so long. I edited this about fifty times before I felt ok enough with it to post it.

Chapter 3: Shell Shock

The light turned green but the car didn’t move.

Karai was the first to recover. “Joi, we must continue on.”

Joi looked at her for a second, still in shock. “On?”

“To the farmhouse.”

“Yeah.” She shook her head quickly. “Yeah. Quick, call Casey and April.” She told Karai, gunning it.

Evelyn covered her mouth. This shock was enough to bring all of her memories flooding back to her. She let out something between a scream and a gasp.

“Oh my God, oh my God!”

“What?” Karai asked worriedly.

“The guys! And Master Splinter! What happened to him?! And Casey and April and Angel all still think I’m dead!” She said quickly. “Oh my God! Leo and the guys!” Her face became angry. “And Bishop. When I’m through with him he’ll look like…like…Swiss cheese!”

“Just calm down for now. We’ll discuss your memory when we are at the farmhouse.” Karai reassured her sister.

Evelyn nodded, taking deep breaths.

Karai quickly dialed April’s cell phone number.

April!” Karai exclaimed.

“Karai? What is it?” She asked, sensing Karai’s urgency.

“Meet us at the farmhouse with four pairs of Casey’s clothes!”

“O-ok.” April replied, slightly confused. “When?”

“As soon as possible!”

“I must go. Thank you!” Karai informed her. She then hung up. “It is all taken care of.” She told the two other girls.

“Good. We’re almost out of New York now, so we should be there in an hour.”

Angel walked out of her Grandmother’s house and ran into the alley between it and the building next door. She continued over to her brother’s old motorcycle and unchained it from a lamppost. Wheeling it out to the curb, she noticed what looked like the Battle-Shell speeding past her house.

“What the…where are they going?” Angel wondered out loud. The way they were headed would take them out of town. Maybe they were on their way to the farmhouse? But then wouldn’t have Doni called to tell her he’d be gone for a while?

In a split second decision Angel ran back inside. “I’m going to Aya’s Grandma!” She called from the entryway.

“Alright!” An elderly voice replied.

Angel ran back outside and hopped on her bike, heading in the direction of the Battle-Shell. A block away she found it stopped at a red light.

“I think I’m gonna follow you guys.” Angel smirked behind her purple helmet.

The girls pulled up to the farmhouse.

“Um…so what now?” Evelyn asked. “We probably can’t carry the boys inside…especially because they don’t have any, uh, clothes on.” She wrinkled her nose.

“I guess we wait for Casey and April.” Joi sighed. “I’m surprised they haven’t woken up yet.”

“Mutations take an enormous amount of energy. Especially drastic ones like this. Bishop needed me to put magic into the mutagen, since magic is a form of energy, so that it wouldn’t cause their bodies to use so much of their own energy it would kill them. In short, they’re probably exhausted.” She explained.

Karai peered out of a window to her right. A red truck pulled up quietly next to them. “Casey and April are here.”

“Good.” Joi sighed. She looked out the window to her left as she was about to get out of the Battle-Shell, when she saw someone on a motorcycle pull up next to them. “Who’s that?”

“I think it’s a girl, but I can’t tell any more than that.” Evelyn frowned. “It’s still too dark out.”

The figure took her helmet off and shook her two long ponytails.

“It must be Angel.” Evelyn smiled slightly, despite everything going on. “She’s the only person I know who still wears pigtails.”

The three girls got out of the car.

Casey and April where already out of the truck and standing in front of the Battle-Shell.

Upon seeing them, Angel ran over to the group.

“What are you doing here, Angel?” Karai asked curiously.

“I saw you guys speeding like shell down my street, so I thought I’d follow you and find out where the fire was.” She grinned. “Who’s the girl with you?” She squinted at Evelyn in the dark.

“Hey, Angel. It’s been a while.” Evelyn smiled.

“Is that…?” Angel asked in astonishment.

“Who?” Casey asked, still confused.

“Casey, are you telling me you don’ t recognize my voice?” Evelyn asked in a mock pout.

“Evelyn?! Where the heck have you been?!” April cried, trying to keep her voice down.

“I was captured by Bishop, then he gave me amnesia and put a tracer on me.” She explained. “And on that note, the reason he was tracking me was to get to the guys and inject them with a mutagen.”

“Wait, what?” Casey asked. “Look, ya bein alive is enough ta take in in one night. What’s dis ‘bout a mutation?”

“Is there something wrong with Don?” Angel asked worriedly.

“I…well you see…they…” Evelyn stuttered as she looked for the right words.

“Maybe you should come have a look for yourselves.” Joi suggested, leading them to the back of the Battle-Shell and opening it.

“…who are they? And why don’t they have any clothes on?” Angel asked.

“Is dis why ya needed da extra clothes?” Casey asked.

“Yes.” Karai answered.

“But who are these boys?” April asked.

“These boys are the guys.” Evelyn explained. “This is the effect of the mutagen.”

April, Casey, and Angel stared in silence.

“Are they sleeping?” April finally asked.

“Well we should get them inside.” April sighed. “And by ‘we’, I mean you, Casey.”

“What? Why just me?”

“Because as women, it would be inappropriate for us to help carry four boys who are naked except for knee and elbow pads.”

“Alright.” Casey sighed.

The girls all went inside and left Casey to bring the guys in one at a time.

“We’ll get a few blankets out for after Casey brings them in.” April said.

“Angel? Are you ok?” Joi asked.

“I-I’m fine…I think…” She replied. She was shaking slightly.

“I’m going to put on some tea.” Evelyn announced.

The girls followed her into the kitchen and sat down at the table as they waited for the water to boil.

By the time the water was finally ready, Casey had brought all four boys into the house. He walked into the kitchen and sat down next to April.

“What know?” He asked.

“We wait for them to wake up I guess.” Evelyn yawned.

“I know how ta speed dat up.”

“Let them sleep.” April chided.

“Aw come on, April! It won’t hurt anythin if I wake ‘em up, and then we won’t have ta wait.”

“Yes, but-“

“He’s already gone.” Angel sighed.

“He’s impossible!” April groaned.

The girls followed him back into the living room.

“Yo Raph!” He yelled at the boy with the olive skin and jet black hair. He was wearing a red mask.

“Casey what the shell are ya doin in my room?” The boy mumbled in his sleep. His voice matched Raph’s exactly.

“Mikey’s messin with ya bike again!”

“What?!” Raph yelled. He sat up bolt right. The blanket fell off him so his torso was exposed. He was extremely muscular with large, worked out arms and a six pack. His hair was about the same length as all of his brothers (about down to the small of his back), and the color of night. His eyes were the same brown they’d been before this new mutation. He had a handsome face with very masculine features. His jaw was slightly squared and his nose was straight and came out at an angle.

“Where are we?” He yawned. His thin lips quickly curled into a frown and he looked up at Casey questioningly. “What happened? Last thing I remember we were runnin from somethin. And when did ya guys get here?”

Joi knelt down next to him. “It really is you isn’t it!” She hugged him. “I knew it must be, but it was still just so hard to believe!”

“Of course it’s me! What are ya talkin bout? Hard ta believe?” He looked around for a second. “We’re at de farmhouse huh? Uh…ya guys do know der are three guys passed out in here right?” He asked. A piece of hair fell in front of his face.

“What the heck?” He lifted his hand up to movie it when he realized it looked a little different from when he had fallen asleep. He stared at it in silence for several minutes.

“Raph,” Joi said soflty. “Do you remember the little darts Bishop was shooting at you and your brothers?”

Raph didn’t reply or show any signs of having heard what she had said.

Joi continued anyway. “They were filled with a mutagen and this is its affect.”

“So…” He said slowly. “So what? I’m…human?”

“It would appear so.” Karai answered.

Realization crossed his face. “Then da other boys…”

“Are your brothers.” Joi finished for him.

“I was wonderin why they had masks on.” Raph sighed. “Dis means I have ta start wearin clothes, doesn’t it?”

April smiled slightly. “Yes. In fact, Casey brought you some.”

As Raph stared at his brothers, his hair fell in his face again. “Dis is gonna get annoyin.” He growled, referring to his hair.

“Ya need a haircut.” Casey laughed.

“If it’s really bothering you that much I’ll cut it. After you put some clothes on.” April sighed.

“We should wake da others. Mikey’s da one who’s layin with his head away from me so I can’t see his mask, right?”

“De one with de blonde hair? Yeah.” Casey answered.

“Yo Mikey! Pancakes!”

“I’m tired. You can eat ‘em.” Mikey mumbled as he rolled over in his sleep.

The boy with the brown hair that was so dark it was almost black (creating the feel of a soft black that almost looked slightly navy) sat up instead. He was as muscular as Raph, but wasn’t built quite as big. Instead, he had a slimmer, athletic body. His nose was more slopped than Raphs, and his features a little softer. He had large brown eyes and paler skin with a slight yellow undertone.

“Raph, stop yelling.” Leo scolded. He rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands to help himself wake up. As he pulled them away, he caught sight of them and stopped suddenly.

“If this is some kind of prank,” He said after a moment, not tearing his eyes from his hands. “It’s really not funny.”

“Nope. No prank.” Raph told him.

Leo looked at him for a second, slightly taken aback. “You too?”

Raph nodded.

“Some type of mutagen in the darts?” He asked.

“Exactly.” Karai nodded.

Evelyn sat down next to him. She stared in his eyes for a second. Recognition crossed her face and she smiled. “Yep. You’re Leo.”

He managed a weak smile. His face grew serious again. “This is all very hard to believe.” He sighed. “We should wake the others.” He said after a pause.

Raph nodded. “I was tryin ta wake Mikey up, but it isn’t workin too well.”

Leo glanced at his younger brother. He had sandy blonde hair that had a slight wave to it. He wasn’t as muscular as his brothers, and looked a bit smaller in general. This also made him seem a lot more agile.

“Mikey, if you don’t get up I’ll make you run twice.”

“Fine.” Mikey frowned. He sat up, his messy hair practically covering his face. He opened his eyes slowly. “What in the name of…” He tried to yank it. “Ow. That kinda hurt.” He mumbled. He pushed it out of his face. His eyes suddenly became panicked. “Where are my nunchukus?” He looked down at where his belt usually was and noticed it was gone.

“Of course that’s what ya’d notice.” Raph sighed.

Mikey stared at his brother. “You sound like Raph. But you don’t look like Raph.”

“Ya don’t look like yerself either, idiot.”

Mikey looked down at his tan stomach. “Huh. So what, we’re human now?” He asked slowly. “Do you know what this means?” He continued in a grave voice. “We can get pizza way more often!” Mikey grinned a large, lopsided grin. His face was much younger looking than his brothers. His eyes had a slightly mischievous look in their brown irises and his nose wasn’t quite as large or straight yet. Also, his face was a bit rounder than the others’.

Karai sighed and shook her head. “You accepted that easily.

Mikey shrugged. “After Doni turned into a monster, I’ll believe anything.” He held a piece of hair in his hand. “You know, my hair’s so long, I bet I could strangle myself with it!”

“I am in love with an idiot.” Karai groaned.

“You know what else this means?” Mikey laughed. He made a rude hand gesture at Raph.

“Why ya little…”

“Shut up! For Pete’s sake!” Doni frowned as he gave up trying to get any sleep.

“Hey Doni!” Mikey called.

“What?” He asked, looking around. “Mikey? Where are you?”

“Over here. Duh.”

Don squinted. “Everything is a blurred mess. I can’t see you.”

“Maybe terrapin eyes are better than a human’s?” April suggested.

“Ask me when I’m more awake. What does that have to do with this anyway?”

“The darts were filled with mutagen that turned us all human.” Leo informed him.

Doni frowned. “I’m not still dreaming, am I?”

“Nope. You’re awake.” Mikey assured him.

April grabbed her purse from the kitchen and walked back into the living room as she dug around inside it. She finally pulled out a pair of prescription, silver rimmed glasses. “Try these on, Doni. I keep them around in case I lose my contacts.” She handed them over to him.

He quickly put them on and looked around.

“That’s much better.” He looked at the three seemingly new faces.

“Guess who one I am!” Mikey exclaimed.

“Mikey, you know you still have your mask on right? It’s easy for me to tell who’s who.”

“Oh yeah…”

Doni was naturally skinnier than the others and a bit taller, though he was still very muscular. He had fiery red hair that looked even brighter against his pail complexion, and a sharp nose that was a bit smaller than Raph’s. His face was slightly longer and his chin came to more of a point than his brothers. His brown eye’s looked a bit too large for his face behind April’s glasses.

“Don, you need a haircut.” Angel laughed.

“Do I?” He asked, still slightly in shock.

“Nah I like it long.” She grinned. “I just wanted to see how it sounded. That’s one of the things I didn’t think I’d ever have to say to you.”

“Ya girls get outta here so dey can change.” Casey commanded.

“Alright.” Joi agreed.

The girls went into the kitchen and finished making the tea.

Leo walked into the kitchen first. He was wearing a black t-shirt and blue basket-ball shorts that were both a little too long on him.

He sat down next to Evelyn and put his face in his hands. After a moment he looked at her.

Evelyn nodded, understanding what the look meant. She got up but came back quickly with a mug of tea.

“Thanks.” He sighed, gratefully excepting the cup.

Leo sipped it for a moment, but winced and put down the tea. He rubbed his shoulder quietly.

Evelyn gave him a look.

“If you wouldn’t mind.” He answered.

She got up and messaged his shoulders for him.

“Wow. You’re tense.” She commented.

“My whole body is a bit sore.” He answered. “Must be because of the mutation.”

Raph walked in wearing a black T-shirt and sweatpants that seemed to fit perfectly. “Guess what, Leo?” He grinned. “I’m still taller den ya!”

“Those are the only pair of sweats.” Leo explained to Evelyn. “I grabbed them first, but they were too long.”

Raph laughed and grabbed a soda from the fridge.

“That was from when we were here last time. You know it’s probably flat by now, right?” Joi asked.

He shrugged. “Flat soda’s better den no soda.”

Casey had run upstairs to make sure there were beds ready for him and April. He walked back downstairs and into the kitchen, hearing the tail end of Raph’s conversation.

“Der’s beer in der too.” He informed Raph.

Raph looked at his friend. “My age is still da same ya know.”

He shrugged. “Just sayin. Hasn’t stopped ya before.”

Joi glared at Raph.

Raph smiled embarrassedly and gave her an innocent look.

“Uh huh.” She frowned.

“Maybe I should offer some to Doni and Mikey. Der de only ones who haven’t had it before, right?” Casey said, thinking out loud.

Evelyn frowned and folded her arms, still standing over Leo.

Leo blushed and looked up at her.

She raised an eyebrow. “That’s not like you.” She turned to Casey. “And you! Don’t even think about it.”

“It was only once…” Leo mumbled.

“It’s still not like you.”

“Hey, he told me it would help with…everything.” He frowned, using his thumb to point at Casey.

“Everything?” Evelyn asked. “What exactly is ‘everything’?”

“You might not remember this, but everyone thought you had died in a fight with Shredder until today.”

“I remember.” She nodded. “I got my memory backed when I realized what happened to you guys. I guess it shocked me out of whatever Bishop did.”

Leo raised an eyebrow. “So you have all of your memories back?”

“Yes. But don’t change the subject. What’s ‘everything’?”

“Me thinking you were dead….and Sensei.” He winced.

“Master Splinter?” She stared at him. “He…he made it, right?” She asked, already knowing the answer. Her hands curled into fists.

Leo gazed back at her, unable to answer.

Evelyn put her head in her hands, her body trembling.

It took Leo a moment to realize the tremors were caused from sobs, and he got up and put his arms around her.

She reached her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest.

Everyone else looked away awkwardly.

“Oh God it’s my fault.” She whispered in Leo’s ear.

“No it’s not.” He reassured her.

She cried silently for a moment before pulling away.

“He wouldn’t want us to cry.” She said simply as she wiped her eyes. She stared at Leo for a moment. “You’re taller.” She commented, changing the subject.

“We all are.” Doni sighed as he and Mikey walked in. Doni was wearing baggy jeans and a white long-sleeved T-shirt, bot of which were a little short and a little too wide. Mikey was wearing black elastic shorts and a very baggy blue tee.

“What took you so long?” Karai asked curiously.

“Leave them alone. It’s the first time they’ve ever worn clothes.” April said tiredly.

“We were trying to take our masks off.” Mikey replied indignantly. “It’s a lot harder under all this hair.”

“It’s easier for me to keep the glasses on if I take my mask off.” Doni explained. “And Mikey, well he took his off so it’d be easier for him to see what he looks like.”

“I’m still hotter than Raph.” He assured everyone.

“Take it down a notch, Mikey.” Karai warned.

Raph absentmindedly put his hand up to his mask. He hated to admit it, but he was curious too.

He fumbled through his hair in an attempt to untie the bandana. “Stupid hair...” He grumbled. “Makes everythin harder.”

Joi sighed. “Here.” She quickly untied it and handed it to Raph.

“Thanks.” He turned to April. “Ya said ya’d give me a haircut, right?”

April smiled. “Sure. I’ll be right back.” She walked out of the room.

“Angel?” Doni asked.

“Yeah?” She looked over at Don.

“Not that I’m complaining or anything, but why are you here?”

“I followed the Battle-Shell here. I saw it speeding down my street and was wondering where you were going and why you needed to get there so fast.”

“Does your grandmother know?”

“I told her I was at a friend’s. I’ll call her and tell her I’m spending the night.” She grabbed her cell phone out of her pocket. “You know, I wonder…” She thought out loud.

“Maybe all smart people are red heads.” She laughed at how dumb that statement sounded.

“What makes ya say dat?” Raph chuckled.

“April’s hair is red and that guy named Chaplin’s hair is red, right?” She asked.

“Yes.” Doni nodded.

“And now Doni’s hair is red.”

“Hair?” He asked. A strand fell in front of his face. “Oh.” His eyes widened. “Sorry. The mutation hasn’t really hit me yet.”

“It’s alright.” Angel smiled. She quickly called her grandma and told her she was staying at her friend Aya’s house.

April walked in carrying a towel, a hair clip, a spray bottle full of water, and a pair of hair scissors. “Found them in the bathroom.” She explained. She glanced over at Casey, who was now asleep and sitting at the table. “Casey needs a haircut too…” She said mischievously.

“Don’t.” Raph shook his head.

“Alright.” She sighed. She pulled a chair over to the middle of the kitchen so she could walk around it freely. “You sit here.”

Raph did so.

April pulled the towel around him so it covered neck and shirt, then used the hair clip to make it stay that way.

“What’s da towel for?”

“It keeps the hair from getting on you and making you itch.”

“Hair really is annoyin.” He sighed.

“Now hold still.” She demanded. She began to spray his hair with the water bottle and cut it.

“You’re good.” Joi mused.

“Thanks.” April smiled. “I used to cut my dad’s hair for him.”

Evelyn yawned. “I’m going to bed.”

“’Night.” Angel told her.

She got up and walked out into the living room and into the hallway to the room she and Karai had shared the last time they’d visited.

Leo stared after her for a moment before following. He knocked on her door quietly.

“Who is it?” Evelyn asked.

“Just me.”

She opened the door. “Hey.” She smiled tiredly. “I don’t think I’m going to get used to you being so much taller.”

“I’m not that much taller.” He insisted. “Not like Raph anyway.”

“You’re about a head taller than me now.” She pointed out. “It’s not a bad thing.”

“Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you are ok.”

“I alright.” She sighed.

Leo stared at her a moment before continuing. “What was it Bishop did to you exactly?”

“Pretty much the same thing Shredder did.” She shrugged. “Except he didn’t pump me full of dark magic. Turns out, I’m pretty sure most of it is gone.”

“I could use dark magic because Shredder pumped me full of it, and it was fueled by the negative emotions I had, most of them for him. While I was with Bishop I knew you were all safe, so I was able to control my anger. It’s been so long since I’ve used it, I’ve lost the ability.” She smiled. “Otherwise, I would have changed when I heard about…him.”

Leo winced slightly at the sound of his master being mentioned. “Well in any case, that’s amazing news.”

“Yeah.” She laughed. “I’m dead tired though, so I’m going to go to bed.” She told him.

“Alright.” He nodded.

She shut the door and he turned and went back downstairs.

“At least one problem is fixed.” He smiled to himself.

“Hey, it looks good!” Joi commented on Raph’s haircut as Leo walked in. It was short in the back but shaggy up top.

Angel, Doni, and Karai had all run off somewhere. Only April, Mikey Raph, Joi, Casey (though he was still sleeping), and now Leo were still in the kitchen.

“It’s not too bad if I do say so myself.” April smiled.

“I don’t care how it looks, as long as it’s short.” Raph sighed.

“Well it’s short, but it’s not a buzz cut by any means.”

“Thanks April. I owe ya one.”

“One?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Fine. Put it on my tab.” He joked. He got up from the chair and took the towel off.

“My turn!” Mikey called as he hopped into the seat Raph was sitting in only a moment ago.

April sighed. “Alright Mikey.”

“Mikey, let April rest. You can get your haircut in the morning.” Leo suggested.

“Fine.” Mikey agreed begrudgingly.

April smiled wearily. “Don’t worry, Mikey. I won’t forget.”

“I know. Thanks April.” He smiled.

Raph yawned. “See ya in da mornin.” He called as he and Joi left to go to bed.

April, Leo, and Mikey walked out into the living room.

“Awww!” April smiled. Doni and Angel had fallen asleep sitting next to each other on the couch. “They’re just so cute!”

Leo and Mikey gave her a weird look.

“Nothing.” They answered at the same time.

She shrugged. “I’m going to bed.

Leo nodded in agreement.

The door opened suddenly, and Leo and Mikey whipped around, grabbing for weapons that weren’t there anymore.

Luckily, it was only Karai.

“Mikey! Come outside! The stars are beautiful.” She smiled, grabbing his hand. The two of them left quickly.

“April,” Leo asked, still standing on the staircase. “Do you know where our weapons are?”

“Casey had to take them off of you. Without your shells, the belts were too loose. They’re in the Battle-Shell.”

He nodded. “Thanks.”

They both began to climb the stairs again.

“’Night April.” Leo called as they parted ways.

“Goodnight Leo.”

Leo walked in the direction of the room he and Raph had shared the last time they were here, but ended up at the bathroom on that floor instead.

He looked at his face in the mirror, finally taking off his mask.

“Still too hard to believe.” He shook his head as he tied his mask around his wrist. He walked back to his room to find Raph already sleeping. He quickly got a spare blanket and pillow and lay down on the ground next to the bed.

Although all he couldn’t fathom how he’d get any rest after everything that’d happened, he managed to fall asleep quickly. The mutation had left all four boys exhausted both physically and emotionally.

The last thought he had before sleep was, “what happens now?”
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 pm

8O OMGsh, Mikey is SOOOOOO mine! Hands off! Blonde hair with a wave! I think I found my soulmate!!
Back to top Go down

Location : somewhere but nowhere i can easily lose myself but am i lost or just not found
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:56 pm

DONNIE is all mine red hair how gorgeous i want him Now i Bags him so Hands OFF ANGEL wait... oh yeah i am with him never mind... Anime smile

LOVE IT!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 am

Glad to see my interpretation of what the guys as would look like as humans was a hit! Big grin

This next chapter is a little shorter than most. Get ready for some Mikey and Karai action!

Chapter 4: A Million Points of Light

Mikey walked out into the cool night with Karai.

“Come on!” She grinned. She grabbed Mikey’s hand and led him out into the woods, away from the farmhouse.

They stopped, now surrounded by trees. The smell of pine filled their lungs.

“Look.” She told him, still holding his hand. She lifted her head upward.

Mikey followed her gaze and looked up at the dark sky. It was illuminated by thousands of stars.

“Do you really not mind?” Karai asked suddenly.

“The mutation?” He looked over at her.

Mikey took a deep breath. “If I tell them I’m scared, it’s just one more thing they have to worry about.” He looked away, tears welling in his eyes.

Karai hugged him. “You can always confide in me.” She whispered.

“I know.” He whispered, taking Karai’s face into his hands. “I know.” He kissed her silently. The pale light of the new moon cast a milky glow over the pair.

Mikey pulled away. “Even kissing you feels is different.” He sighed, fighting back longing for his old form.

“It is alright. You will always be my kame ninja.” She assured him.

He smiled.

She grabbed his hand and sat down on the forest floor, pulling him with her.

Karai lay down on her back, looking up at the stars.

Mikey followed suit.

“What do you think he’d say right now?” He asked quietly.

“You mean Sensei?” She whispered.

“Yeah.” Mikey cringed.

Karai paused for a moment. “I believe…I believe he would tell you to explore the things you could not do before.”

“Probably.” He sighed.

They sat in silence.

“You could go to a movie without a disguise, go skate boarding up-top, or even attend school.” She said quietly.

“School?” He asked in surprise.

Karai shrugged. “Only a suggestion.”

“Don’t say it around Doni. He’d jump at the chance.”

“But do you not think it could be fun?” She asked, now facing him. “It would…it would be as if we were normal.”

“No one’s normal, Karai. We’re all just specks of dust scattered around this world. If you exist you’re normal. That’s the only consistent thing about people.”

“You are right.” She admitted. “But I do believe every person has a light that shines through them. Sometimes it is so bright it blinds others, but those who create the light have grown accustomed to its glow and can no longer see it. That is one other way everyone is the same.”

“So you think everyone has a goodness that shines through them? Even people like Shredder?”

“I never said the light was always a goodness. Sometimes I think it can be clouded by evil.” She thought for a moment. “My light and your light are somehow different from everyone else’s, I think.” Karai frowned. “Did you change the subject on purpose?”

“No.” He lied.

“Evelyn and I always talked about going when we were working for the Shredder. She said when she was in the orphanage they gave you a text book, told you what to read, and then expected you to do the assignment without any help.” She explained. “That is basically what Shredder had us do.”

“Doni always did stuff on his own. But Sensei made sure we had an education. You know how Doni always teaches us on weekends when we don’t have training. And before Don could learn teach us, he taught us.” Mikey thought forlornly of the past.

“I think that if we are to be anything else in this world besides ninjas, we need to experience school.”

Mikey rolled over onto his side so he was facing her. “What’s wrong with being a ninja?”

“Do you not feel as if you want your own identity sometimes, Michelangelo? Is that not why you thought of leaving the Lair and moving into your own place?”

“Partly.” He admitted. “But I also felt like running away from everything.”

“Then you would have to face everything alone.” She pointed out.

“I guess I didn’t really think that through.”

“Not really.” Karai smiled slightly, but her face quickly became serious again. “Does it not bother you that you did not have the choice of who you were to be like most people?”

“I’m not human...or at least I wasn’t. I always figured I was lucky enough to even speak. But also unlucky enough to have to always hide my voice from the world. Then I’d remember my brothers and Sensei. When I did that, the good outweighed the bad.”

“I just wish…I just wish I could know who I would have been if my parents hadn’t left.”

“Who cares?” Mikey said simply, grabbing her hand.

Karai stared at him in shock.

“Don’t get me wrong, I care about [i]you[/i], and so does everyone else back at the farmhouse. But why dwell on something that you’ll never know? You’re already the most wonderful person I’ve ever met, Karai. And maybe…maybe they were supposed to leave. I know you’ve had an extremely hard life, but you’ve got Evelyn and the rest of us because of it.”

“That is true. But, sometimes I wish I could be defined as something other than a ninja.”

“I don't define you as a ninja. I define you as you.”

“That is very sweet of you, Mikey. It’s just that, if I had had a choice, I never would have chosen to be a ninja.”

“I don’t think people have as much of a choice as you think. Even the people you consider normal are influenced by the people around them.”

“If you really think it’s something you need to do, I’ll go with you.” He informed her, trying not to grimace. The last thing Mikey wanted was to do was listen day in and day out to adults who think they know everything. But for Karai, it was worth it.

“Really?” Her face lit up.

“Of course.”

“It would only be for one year. Then we would graduate.”

Mikey nodded. [i]“What the shell did I get myself into?”[/i] He thought to himself.

“The new school year does not start until September, so we will not go for three months.” She continued.

“Alright.” Mikey agreed. “If…if I’m still human by then.”

“Of course. Do you think you and your brothers will continue to live in the Lair?”

“I don’t know. Where else would we live?”

“I am not sure. I was only curious.”

“It’s getting kinda cold.” Mikey yawned. “Should we go back inside?”

“If you want to.”

He stood up, then helped Karai up.

“You should apply for a license.” Karai suggested as they walked back to the farmhouse.

“Why?” Mikey asked. “We’ve never gotten pulled over before, so it shouldn’t matter.”

“If you are going to drive places during the day, it is more likely you will receive a ticket.

“I guess that’s true.” He admitted as he opened the door.

They walked inside, making their way to the upstairs bedrooms.

“Maybe at a school I will learn more about myself. Maybe become a better person.” Karai contemplated.

“I think maybe you’re glowing too bright.”

“Excuse me?”

“You said sometimes a person’s light glows so bright they can’t see it themselves. If that’s true, you must have the brightest and purest light of anyone. But you don’t seem to see it.”

“Maybe you are right. Even so, I would like to attend school. I want to experience the outside world and know people. There are millions of lights out there, Mikey. You never know when they will reveal things that were dark to you before.”

“Gosh you’re deep sometimes.” Mikey sighed.

“Not really.” Karai blushed.

“Yeah, you are. ‘Night.” He hugged her now that they were at the top of the stairs.

“Goodnight, Mikey.”

Karai went into the bedroom she and Evelyn shared, and Mikey went into the one he and Don shared last time they were at the farmhouse. But since Doni had fallen asleep on the couch downstairs, he had the room to himself.

He quickly got into bed and tried to go to sleep. Thoughts and worries swirled around his head. As tired as he was, sleep seemed impossible.

Mikey sighed. He got up and walked back out into the hallway. He stopped outside Karai and Evelyn’s room, debating whether or not to bother Karai. After a moment’s hesitation, he knocked quietly on the door.

The door opened and Mikey saw Karai standing in the doorway.

“What is wrong?” She asked in a concerned voice.

“It’s nothing I-I just couldn’t sleep…” He confessed embarrassedly.

“Everything is going to be alright.” She assured him.

“I know. But what if it isn’t? What if this changes things?”

“Of courses it is going to change things. [i]You[/i] have changed. But you do not have to fear it. I was afraid of letting go of what I knew when I worked for Shredder, remember? I refused to see the truth. Of course the circumstances were very different.”

“No, I understand what you mean. Still. I look in the mirror and all I see is a stranger. It’s scary.”

“It is alright.” She assured him. “Things will get easier.”

“I doubt it.”

“Trust me.”

“I do trust you. But…I’m still scared.”

“You underestimate your own light, Mikey. It does not matter what you look like. Either way, you are my kame ninja.” She kissed him on the cheek.

“Will you be alright by yourself?”

“I’ll be fine.” He smiled slightly.

“Remember, you do not need to pretend for me. I will always be here to comfort you when you need it and support you when you don’t.”

“I know. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Yes. Try and get a good night’s sleep. And remember, never underestimate your light.” She told him. “I love you, Mikey.”

“I love you too.”

Karai smiled as she shut the door.

Mikey went back to bed. Thinking about Karai and what she said enabled him to fall asleep after a few moments. Everything was going to be ok.
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:08 pm

OOOOooohh loverly!!!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:59 pm

Ok. So, I know it's been a REALLY long time since I've updated, and I'm extremely sorry. I've had a lot of things on my mind lately. There's a guy who keeps flirting with me, even though I basically told him I'm not dating 'til I'm 16. Plus, my mom's pregnant and gets seriously sick during her pregnancies so things are C-R-A-Z-Y!!! Oh, and my brain's been thinking about a lot of serious stuff for some reason. You know, the cliches. Who am I, who do others see me as, what's my purpose. That kidna stuff. ANYWAY! I finally had an urge to write today and I finished the next chapter. So, without further ado, (I don't own the Clapper) here's chapter 5!

Chapter 5: Moronic Geniuses, Social Loners, and Honorable Perverts

Angel opened her eyes slowly, expecting to see her bedside table and the annoyingly loud, black alarm clock she’d been using since she was ten. Instead, she saw the living room of the farmhouse.

“That’s right.” She thought to herself. “I’m at the farmhouse.”

She lifted her head, realizing she was resting it on someone. He was a strange man with red hair and glasses.

Angel jumped up out of instinct. By the time she was on her feet, she was laughing at herself.

Doni stirred. “What’s wrong?” He yawned, opening his eyes.

“Nothing. I just…forgot it was you.” She blushed.

“What? Oh. Yeah.” He smiled embarrassedly. “Sorry.”

“Lighten up! There’s nothing to be sorry for.” She sat back down and smiled contentedly.

“I wonder what time it is.”

Angel pulled out her phone from her jean pocket. “About nine thirty.”

“Everyone else is probably still asleep.”

“I’m awake.” A voice to their right said suddenly.

Angel jumped. “Leo! Don’t do that!”

Leo had hopped inside through the window just in time to hear the end of Doni and Angel’s conversation.

“Sorry.” He apologized. “I was on a training run.”

“Why didn’t you use the front door?”

“Because Casey said there are a few people who live out here and…” He stopped himself and blushed fiercely. “I guess I forgot we could use it now.”

“It is a bit disorienting.” Doni admitted. He noticed Leo now had his katanas strapped on him. “Where did you find your katanas?”

“All of our weapons are in the Battle-Shell.”

“Thanks, bro.”

“No problem. I’m going to look for something to eat.” He informed them as he went into the kitchen.

Doni and Angel followed him. When they got there, they noticed Leo was standing in front of the table looking at something.

“Casey is still asleep.” He informed them. “I guess he never went upstairs.” He shrugged.

“That can’t be comfortable.” Doni sighed. “How can he sleep on such a hard chair?”

“Casey can sleep anytime, anywhere.” Angel pointed out.

“I’m going to make eggs. Do you two want any?” Leo asked, coming back from the fridge.

“Leo, do you remember the last time you tried to cook?” Doni smirked. “The fire alarm went off in April’s apartment.”

“That was only because Mikey kept fighting with me over how to make it and we got distracted.” He frowned. “I’m never going to live that down.”

“Basically.” Doni agreed.

Leo started to cook the eggs. Five minutes later, the fire alarm went off.

“This is a coincidence!” He insisted.

Doni and Angel didn’t respond. They couldn’t breathe due to laughing too hard.

Mikey walked in with a lighter in his hand and a grin on his face. “I heard you say you were going to cook something, so I thought I’d speed up the inevitable.” He showed them the lighter.

“Dat was yer prank?” Raph growled as he walked in. “Ya woke me and de rest of de house up, Mikey.”

“You know what’s going to happen now?” Leo asked Mikey. “Raph’s going to try and beat you up for waking everyone.”

“And you’re going to stop him…right?” Mikey asked.

“It was me you pranked.” He reminded him, pretending to think hard.

Mikey yelped and dashed behind Doni.

“Come on, Mikey. Take it like a…man.” He frowned. “Guess dat sayin kinda works now. Move outta da way, Doni.”

“Raph.” Leo warned.

“Alright, alright.” He shrugged. He sat down at the kitchen table. “Yo, Leo. Yer makin enough fer everybody, right?”

“I thought my cooking left something to be desired.” He arched an eyebrow.

“Oh ya know we just give ya a hard time ‘bout it ‘cause of what happened at April’s.”

“I know. Yes there’s enough for anyone who wants any.”

“What was that noise?” Evelyn yawned as she walked in.

“Leo’s cookin.” Raph answered.

“Ha ha ha.” Leo rolled his eyes. “Mikey put a flame up to the fire alarm so it’d go off.”

“Because of the-”

“Incident at April’s.” Angel finished for her.

“Ah.” She giggled, walking over to him.

“They’re almost done if you want some.” He smiled slightly at her. His hair fell in his face and he moved it behind his ear in annoyance.

“Hold still.” She demanded. She took a hair band from around her wrist and pulled Leo’s hair back into it. “Better?”

“Much better. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” She kissed his cheek. “You need to shave.” She smiled, wrinkling her nose.

Leo laughed a little in spite of himself and put the eggs on a plate.

Evelyn was about to leave when she saw Casey asleep on one of the kitchen chairs.

“Ouch! How did he sleep like that last night?”

“You know Casey.” Angel shrugged.

“And the fire alarm didn’t wake him up?”

“Casey can sleep through anythin.” Raph told them.

“Weird.” Evelyn shook her head.

She left the kitchen and went to the closet by the downstairs bathroom. Grabbing a wrap for her ankle, she then sat down in the living room and wrapped it quickly.

She looked up when she heard the sound of a door opening and closing upstairs.

Karai walked down the stairs and into the living room.

“Did you sleep well?”

“Do not act so friendly. I am still mad at you.” Karai frowned.

Evelyn sighed. “I’m sorry. Now I know it was stupid of me to run.”

Karai’s face softened. “It is alright. I am just stressed out. I would have thought Bishop would put a tracking device of sorts into the mutagen. But if that were true, he would be here by now I suppose.”

“That does sound like something he would do.” Evelyn agreed.

“Why aren’t the tracking devices working?!” Bishop asked in outrage. “Get the head scientist in here!”

“Head scientist?” Stockman asked. “I thought I was the head scientist?”

“Not now.”

“Hi Dr. Stockman!” Chaplin grinned as he walked into the lab.

“Him?” Stockamn asked in shock. “This is happening to me again? Oh why didn’t you just let me drown? Why did you have to revive me?” Stockman whined.

“This is no time for theatrics.” Bishop replied dismissively. “Chaplin, why aren’t the tracking devices working?”

“You already used the tracking devices?” Chaplin asked in shock. “But you were supposed to turn them on first.”

Bishop stared at the young doctor in disbelief. “You didn’t have them set up to turn on through a remote?”

“Now do you understand my disdain for this man?” Stockman asked.

“Silence Dr. Stockman.” Bishop said through clenched teeth. He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. “This was not part of the plan!”

“I’m so sorry Mr. Bishop, sir!” Chaplin said nervously. “I just assumed you would have asked if you wanted the tracking devices remote controlled…”

“How” Bishop said very slowly. “Did you expect us to turn on every single one? They were the size of Nanobots!”

“All it takes is a clap to turn them on or off.”

“You mean-“

“I combined the science of microscopic tracking devices with the science of the Clapper! Unless they come in contact with any type of fluid. That way, they won’t turn off after being added to the mutagen.” Chaplin smiled proudly.

“An idiot. A complete and total ignoramus.” Stockman groaned.

“Actually, that could have been quite useful if you had only informed me about it.” Bishop sighed.

“But sir, I did! It’s all in my progress report.”

“Progress report? I never received a progress report.”

“But I gave it to the brilliant doctor Stockman to give to you!” Chaplin frowned.

“Stockman!” Bishop roared.

“But Bishop, I-” Stockman said nervously. “I was waiting to give it to you at a convenient time…”

“Because of your procrastination, we are going to have to find them the hard way!” Bishop said through clenched teeth. He quickly walked over to one of the counters of his lab and picked up a device. He looked at the screen grimly. “They’re mutated genes will still slightly differ from those who were born human.” He explained to Stockman. “I had Chaplin create these. This is only an example of a set of devices. It is capable of detecting those with the boys’ unusual genetic code. They were created as a backup plan, just in case something of this nature occurred. Chaplin, see these are distributed to all of the Commando units. We need everyone working to capture them if I am to achieve my goal and create an army of super-humans to defend the earth!” He grinned with a slightly crazed look in his eyes.

“Well, in any case I need your help.” Evelyn sighed.

“What is it?” Karai asked in concern.

“I can’t get Leo to shave.” She cracked a smile.

Karai laughed slightly. “When did you start telling so many jokes?”

“When did you start laughing so easily?”

Mikey walked into the living room and stretched his arms. “Don’t tell Leo, but he makes some pretty good eggs.” He winked at the two girls. Karai and Evelyn had already finished their breakfast and had been talking on the couch for a while now. He plopped down between them and put his arms around both girls.

Karai frowned at him. She elbowed him in the ribs so he jerked his hand away from Evelyn and gripped his side.

“Well that wasn’t very nice.” Mikey frowned.

Evelyn rolled her eyes. “You do realize it makes me very uncomfortable when you do things like that, right?”

“That’s why it’s fun!” He grinned.

Karai elbowed him.

“Ouch! Again?”

She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. “You are so stupid. Oh!” Karai’s face lit up.

“Evelyn, what would you think of going to school?”

“School?” She asked in shock. “You want us to go to…school.”

“Yes! Please?” Karai begged, her hands clasped together.

“I…but…” Evelyn looked at her sister’s face and her heart melted. “Oh fine.” She sighed.

Karai smiled fiercely. “Thank you!”

“But if you and I are going, the guys have to go too.”

“Don’t worry she already roped me into it.” Mikey sighed.

Karai looked at him curiously, if not a bit hurt.

“I’m just kidding!” He insisted adamantly, although his first statement was closer to the truth.

“Just making sure.” She smiled.

“What’s this about going to school?” Leo asked. He was in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen, wiping his hands off on a hand towel.

“Karai convinced me and Mikey to attend school once it starts up again.” Evelyn sighed.

“So, you’re going to be gone every day? For how long?” He asked somewhat nervously.

“How long is school?” She asked.

“I believe Angel said it was from seven to three.” Karai replied thoughtfully.

“Seven? In the morning?” Mikey gawked. “I thought it started at nine!”

“Once you are old enough to go to High School, you must attend it earlier.”

“Can we talk?” Leo asked Evelyn, putting the towel down on a side table.

“Of course.” She answered. The two of them walked outside.

“What’s wrong?”

Leo put a hand on her cheek and brought her into a close hug. “I just got you back.” He whispered in her ear.

“You never lost me. You only thought you had.” She breathed, staring into his eyes. “Besides. You could come with us.”

“If that’s what it takes to be able to spend time with you.”

“I’m not blackmailing you, Leo. But if you’re really this upset about not seeing me twenty-four seven, you could come with me.”

“I know. I want to be with you, and I want you to be happy.”

“Well, I’m kind of only going for Karai. But if she’s unhappy, I suppose that would make me unhappy.” She smiled slightly.

He brushed her hair over her ear and kissed her.

“Whoop whoop!” Casey hollered from the living room window. “Leo got some sugar!”

Evelyn flipped Casey off, still kissing Leo.

Casey laughed hysterically. “Leo, ya aren’t good at kissin, are ya?”

Leo pulled away and gave Casey a look that said “if you don’t shut up now, I’ll MAKE you shut up.”

“Ok, ok. Jeez.” Casey sighed, pulling his head back into the living room.

“And for your information, he’s a GREAT kisser!” Evelyn called.

Leo blushed fiercely. “You really didn’t have to say that.” He said as he face-palmed.

“But you are! You’re the best I’ve ever kissed.” She insisted.

He smiled, still blushing. “Thank y-wait a second, does that mean you’ve kissed other people in the past?” He asked in surprise.

“But then, how do you know I’m a-“

“Just shut up and take the win.” She kissed him again.

Breathing deeply, she pulled away and put her hands on his chest. “We should probably go inside and convince Raph and Doni to go to school with us.”

Leo laughed, opening his eyes. He was about to say that that was a good idea when he saw her face. She was standing there and smiling up at him. Her wide green eyes were questioning and happy. He’d always believed eyes were the windows into someone’s heart.

He realized he wanted to be tied to her in every possible way. He wanted all of her, right there and then. Color rose to his cheeks as he tried to remove these thoughts from his mind.

“Leo? Are you ok?”

“I…you…it’s just…You’re turning me into a dirty old man!” He blurted. He’d heard the expression before, but hadn’t understood exactly what that meant until now.

“I’m…what? What on earth are you talking about?”

“It’s nothing.” He sighed, shaking his head.

“Ooook then.” She frowned at him. “You’re acting weird.”

“I know. I’m sorry. I’m fine, I promise.”

“Well, ok.”

He took her hand and they walked back inside together.

They sat back down on the couch and the girls began talking again. Mikey dozed off. Staying up so late after a transformation that had tired him out, both mentally and physically, had made him completely exhausted. Leo sat there in silence, deep in thought. Even before his transformation he’d been in love with Evelyn. Yet, never had he once thought such things. Was it possible turning human had also changed the way he thought?

“Leo? Leo?” Evelyn waved her hand in front of his face. Karai had left some time ago.

“Huh? What?” He looked around for a second, finally settling on her face. “Sorry.” He said as he turned towards her.

“Why have you been acting so weird? Honey, what’s wrong?” She asked, putting her hands on his shoulders. “Is it because of the mutation?”

He shivered at her touch as Goosebumps broke out over his skin. His heart was beating fast, as fast as when they had first met, and he felt weak at the knees. He tried to speak but all that came out was “I…uhhhhh…I don’t…it’s…mutation…” His voice shook. He groaned and put his head in his hands to cover his red cheeks. He wasn’t used to this at all. He felt shy yet full to bursting at the same time. It was as if his regular reactions towards Evelyn were increased tenfold. Yet it wasn’t as if his literal feelings had increased or decreased at all.

“I…I think this is all due to the mutation.” He muttered, head still in his hands. If he didn’t look at her it was easier for him to talk.

“Um, but what exactly is wrong?” She asked.

“Well…it’s a bit…hard to explain.”

She pulled his hands away from his face and held them in her lap. Leo continued to stare at the ground, still blushing.

“You know you can tell me anything.”

“I…um…ugh! This is so annoying!” He groaned. “It’s so hard to talk to you now!”

“What do you mean?” She asked worriedly.

“You make me…tongue tied.”

“That’s…kind of a normal thing when you like someone. You made me nervous when I first met you. I don’t know how I managed to actually talk to you without passing out. Of course, you did make me angry a lot so that helped.” She said thoughtfully.

“But it’s never been that bad.” He sighed. “You give me Goosebumps, but I sweat at the same time. My legs feel like they’d give out on me if I was standing, and I can't control my thoughts!” He said in a rush.

“Wow, you said that really fast.” Evelyn smiled a little. “This is all really normal. Most people learn to control that kind of reaction by our age through experience though.”

“What about you? You never got tongue tied, and you've had as much experience as i have.” He continued to look at the floor.

“I almost did in the beginning of our relationship. You get used to it the longer you’re with the person. Especially if you know they like you back. And…well I used to have a little crush on a Foot Ninja when I was a lot younger. That helped me get used to those reactions a little.”

“This is really annoying. I can’t even look at you without feeling sick!”

“That’s not exactly something you want to tell your girlfriend…”

“I don’t mean it like that! I mean, you…I don’t know how to explain it. Um, you know when you’re getting ready to spar with a really touch opponent? And part of you is really nervous, yet you welcome the challenge? And your stomach keeps turning a million miles an hour, but it’s a good feeling?”

“Only you would explain how love feels through fighting.”

“Is that a bad thing?” Leo asked nervously. Suddenly, he felt very self-conscious.

“Oh this is so cute! You’re like a little kid!”

“A perverted little kid.”

“Perverted? Oooooh. That’s why you said you can’t control your thoughts. And that I’m turning you into-“

“A dirty old man. Yes.”

“Oh, baby you’re not dirty.”

“You wouldn’t say that if you knew what I was thinking…”

“I’m sure whatever you’re thinking I’ve thought before.”

He made eye contact for the first time during this conversation. “Ok. I feel a-a little…um…”

“Yeah that’s...the word.” He stared at her face, lost in her eyes. He grabbed her face gently and kissed her. He pulled away and hugged her, stroking her hair. “I think I’m alright now.”

She looked at him. “Are you sure?”

“Yes. It will take some getting used to though.”

“Of course.”

“I wonder…Doni said the reason we were attracted to humans when we were turtles was because we were humanoid and had a few human hormones. But now, I suppose we have all human hormones. That might be why my physical response to you is so much more intense.”

“It’s possible.”

“This has been an experience to say the least. I feel like I’m seven again for some reason.”

“It’s because you’re embarrassed.”

“Yo, Mikey!” Raph called from the kitchen. A second later he appeared in the doorway. “Mikey, I know ya ain’t really sleepin.”

Mikey was sitting in a chair next to the couch where Evelyn and Leo were. His eyes flashed open and he hopped up out of his seat. “What’s up, Raph?”

“April wants ta give ya yer haircut. And why does Leo look like someone just told him da worlds endin? Leo? Yo, Leo!”

“If I had my sword, I swear Mikey I’d…I’d…Leo, I’m barrowing on of your katanas.” Evelyn growled.

Leo didn’t say anything. He was blushing and still slightly in shock.

“What are ya talkin ‘bout?” Raph asked, totally bewildered.

“Leo’s a dirty old man.” Mikey explained.

Leo became an even deeper shade of red.

“What?” Raph asked, still not understanding.

“Uh...I…I…why…”Leo stuttered, at a loss for words. He looked at Evelyn for help.

Evelyn growled. “Mikey,” She said darkly. “I swear on my honor, I will hurt you for this.”

“Eep!” Mikey yelped. Before he could run, she was in front him with a grim face and dark eyes.

She punched him repeatedly.

Mikey ducked, covering his head with his arms. “Stop! Stop!” He said, half laughing.

A hand stayed her next blow. She turned abruptly and saw Leo, his face still contorted with horror.

She nodded and put her hands down.

Mikey laughed. “You guys are so stupid. And seriously, Leo. What’s with you?”

“Someone want ta tell me what da heck is goin on ‘round here?” Raph growled.

“It’s nothing.” Evelyn said through clenched teeth.

“Leo feels like he’s seven.” Mikey laughed.

“I’m not even gonna ask. Ya want yer hair cut or not, Mikey?” Raph sighed.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m coming.” Mikey and Raph quickly walked back into the kitchen.

“He…he heard me. For the love of ninjutsu! I can’t believe he heard me!” Leo put his face in his hands.”

“Leo, it’s ok. I’ll kill him if he says anything.” She told him, rubbing his shoulder.

“It doesn’t matter. There’s nothing I can do about it.” He sighed.

“Come on, let’s get Casey to show you how to shave.” She smiled.

“Oh, all right.” He finally consented. The two of them went to go find Casey.

“It doesn’t matter what Mikey knows. He’ll find out about these new hormones soon enough. And now I’ll know how to help him when that happens.” Leo smiled to himself.

(*Refers to Insane in the Membrane)
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:00 am

OOH boy hormones CREEPY!! )^~^(

No i love it another great chapter
i bow to you and off comes my hat well done!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Y'know, I love Mikey (obviously), but that was low, even for him...

But I would love a picture of Leo blushing!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Haha I know! Don't worry, karma is a ....(well you know. Wink ) Not even Mikey is exempt from that rule!

Thanks you guys! And again, I apologize for the lack of updates this past month.
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Yes. It’s a filler, I’ll own up to that. Trust me I feel horrible for making everyone wait so long again and then finally coming up with this. I needed to tie up some loose ends, and I was sick (hence the time lapse) so my mind was a little foggy. I found it helps to make your characters suffer illness as well, hehehe! Anyway, I promise, after this is the real deal.

Also, just as a warning, posts are going to continue to be fewer for a little while longer. I’m in all honors classes, and also recently took on a role in a play, so I have pretty much zero free time at the moment. Sorry guys! Just know I haven't given up on this!

Chapter 6: The Excessively Long Filler Chapter

Mikey yawned.

“I just finished your haircut. You dozed off for a while there.” April informed him as she put her supplies away.

“Sorry if that made it hard for you.” He blushed.

“It was interesting.” She smiled. “I had Raph hold your head up while I cut it. It looks good though.”

“Thanks April.” He stretched, feeling much lighter without so much hair. April had cut it so that it was very shaggy and level in length with his jaw. Because there wasn’t so much weighing him down, his hair had become very curly.

He looked out the window at the hot summer day. Karai was outside meditating.

“I’m gonna head outside. Thanks again!” He called to April as he walked out of the kitchen and through the front door.

The warm sun felt good on his skin as he closed the distance between himself and Karai. He sat down next to her quietly.

She opened her eyes after a moment, straightening her legs from their previous lotus position.

“Your haircut looks nice.” She smiled at Mikey.

“You think so?” He sighed, closing his eyes. Now it was getting a little too hot for his taste. He took his shirt off and lay back against the soft grass.

Karai looked at him curiously, also laying back. She stared at him, his gaze fixed on the sky and an uncharacteristic scowl on his face.

“What are you thinking about?” She finally asked.

“The whole mutation thing. It’s weird. A lot of my identity- what I liked, what I could do, the things I wished for-was based around the fact that I couldn’t walk around in broad daylight without people…screaming.” His scowl deepened slightly. “I can’t help it. I feel kind of bad for being excited about this new body. Like I’m betraying a part of myself or something. I know it sounds dumb…”

“No. I understand.” She grabbed his hand, intertwining her fingers with his. “It makes perfect sense.”

Mikey smiled at her. “Thanks. I needed to hear that.” He looked at her a moment, his face bewildered. “Are you wearing black sweat pants!?”

“Yes. They are the same ones I wore yesterday. What of it?”

“It’s boiling out!”

She laughed. “I cannot very well walk around without pants on, Mikey. And these are the only pair I have with me.”

“That’s true.” He admitted. “But then why would you come out here, where there’s no air-conditioning?”

“It is easier to meditate outside. Also, it is good for the body to learn to deal with uncomfortable conditions.”

Mikey looked at the shirt next to him. “Not being able to take your shirt off when it’s hot out must suck.” He thought out loud. He blushed, realizing what he’d just said.

“Yes. It is annoying.” She giggled slightly.

For a split second, he wished she would anyway.

“So THIS is what Leo was talking about. He made it seem way worse. I’m not even tongue tied or anything.” Mikey thought to himself.

A brief feeling of butterflies made him smile. “Do you want to head back inside?”

“Yes. I am feeling a bit thirsty.” She stood up and stretched.

Mikey grabbed his shirt and stood up, putting it back on. They were walking towards the door, when he heard what sounded like power tools coming from behind the house.

“I bet Doni and Angel are working on her brother’s motorcycle.” He commented, noticing the bike wasn’t anywhere to be seen. “Have you asked them about school yet?”

“Not yet.” She admitted. “We should do that now!”

The two of them walked around to the back of the house.

Sure enough, Doni was tuning the motorcycle while Angel handed him various tools. Some they had gotten from the Battle-Shell, others they had found lying around. Don had his long-sleeved t-shirt tied around his waist so his back and shoulders were exposed to the sun.

“Careful, Doni. You look as if you are burning.” Karai warned.

Doni turned, still crouching. He frowned. “Burning?”

“Your skin. It is looking red. Humans with pale complexions, such as yours and April’s, burn easily. While complexions that are tan like Mikey’s hardly ever burn.”

“Oh yeah. I sort of forgot about that.” He smiled sheepishly.

Angel examined his shoulders. “You do look a little pink. Let’s go inside and I’ll find some aloe vera.” She suggested.

“It’s ok. I don’t think it’s that bad yet.” He insisted.

“There’s one way to know for sure.” Mikey grinned. He slapped his brother’s shoulder.

Doni winced slightly.

“Mikey!” The girls said at once, both smacking him on the head.

“Ow!” He grumbled.

Angel grabbed Don’s arm. “You’re coming inside, whether you like it or not.”

“Angel,” Karai said as they walked. “What would you say to Mikey, Evelyn, Leo, and myself, attending your school next year?”

“That’d be awesome!” Angel’s face lit up.

“School?” Doni said dreamily. “That would be quite the intellectual experience.”

“Doni used a big word no one really knows. That means he’s in.” Mikey joked.

The group stopped along the side of the farmhouse to talk.

“This is so great!” Karai smiled, barely able to contain her excitement. “Now the only one we need to convince is Raph!”

“What about Joi?” Mikey pointed out.

“She has already graduated.”

“Oh yeah. Raph probably won’t come then.”

“Who knows? Maybe Joi can get a job at the school or something.” Angel suggested. “There’s just one problem. You’re going to need a legal guardian. Otherwise, you’ll be put into foster care.”

“Foster care? At seventeen?” Mikey frowned. “That’s lame.”

“Those are the rules.” She shrugged.

“I’m sure I can forge adoption papers that make April and Casey our guardians, if they agree to play the part.” Doni interjected, finally coming out of his daydream.

"Oh, I’m so excited!” Karai laughed.

“Hey, Mikey?” A voice called. Leo walked around to the side of the house.

“Yeah?” Mikey asked.

Leo stopped, trying for the world not to blush. “Can I talk to you?”

Mikey shrugged. He followed him back behind the house.

“What’s up?”

Leo sighed. “About what you heard me say inside earlier…”

“Oh yeah. You really over exaggerated, you know? I just got butterflies. And my thoughts weren’t that perverted.”

“I didn’t exaggerate. That’s the way the mutation make me act around Evelyn.” He frowned. “Look, the reason I brought you back here was to tell you that I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t say anything about that conversation to Doni or Raph, at least until they experience it too, alright? Otherwise they won’t understand.”

“Alright. I won’t say anything.” He sighed.

Leo breathed a sigh of relief. “Good. Thanks, Mikey.” He frowned. “Just between you and me, have you had a migraine at all since the mutation?” He asked, rubbing his temples.

“Um, no. Why?”

“It’s nothing. I’m probably just tired.” He said, sneezing.

“It sounds more like you’re getting sick.” Mikey smirked. Leo had avoided being sick since they were kids.

“Maybe.” He admitted.

“Let’s go inside. It’s hot out.” Mikey complained.

The two brothers walked back to the front of the house. Everyone else was already inside.

“Doni?” Leo called, once in the living room.

“Yeah?” He replied as he walked down the stairs.

Leo sat down on the couch. “Do you think our immune systems might have to build back up now that we’re human?”

“Probably.” He shrugged, walking over to him. “Minor things like climate change often require it. I’d be surprised if a mutation didn’t. Why?”

Leo laid down on the couch. “Just wondering.”
Mikey walked over to the empty chair he had been sitting in earlier. “He finally got sick, I think.” He laughed.

“Well that’s not good.” Don sighed. “I guess the rest of us can expect to get sick too, then.”

“I didn’t think of that.” Mikey frowned.

“Karma.” Leo muttered, starting to fall asleep. “That’s what you get for laughing.”

“He does look beat, doesn’t he?” Doni commented as Leo’s breathing became deep and even.

“Lunch is ready!” Evelyn called, walking into the living room. Her face became concerned when she saw Leo on the couch. “Is he ok?”

“He’s just sick.” Mikey shrugged.

She felt his forehead and nodded. “He has a fever. I’ll be right back.”

“Mother Hen.” Mikey laughed once she was out of earshot.

“She is a bit overprotective in that respect.” Doni admitted.

“Aren’t you worried Leo’s cold has something to do with the mutation?” Mikey asked suddenly.

“Not really. What Leo said about immune systems was something I’d actually been thinking about. Angel told me there’s a cold going around, so this just confirms my suspicions.”

Evelyn walked back in with a box of pills, a glass of water, and a wet washcloth. She set them down on the table, except for the washcloth, which she placed on Leo’s forehead.

His eyes opened slightly. “Thank you.” He smiled.

“You’re welcome. Are you cold?”

“I’m fine.”

“That means yes.” Doni told her.

Evelyn grabbed a blanket from the closet nearby and covered him up with it.

“Sit up for a second.” She commanded.

He took the rag off of his forehead and did so.

She handed him the water and two pills. “This will bring down the fever.”

He took it without question, laying back down.

“You went for a run this morning, didn’t you?”

He nodded.

“You were already exhausted!” She chided. “You shouldn’t have pushed yourself so hard.”

He coughed. “It has more to do with our new immune systems.”

“Now that we’re human, we have to build up our immune systems all over again.” Doni explained. “But it doesn’t help you tired yourself out so much, Leo.”

Leo smiled slightly. “Whose side are you on anyway?”

“You’re taking a nap.” Evelyn told him, leaving no room for argument.

“Alright.” Leo sighed, already half asleep again.

“What’s wrong with Leo?” Raph asked. He didn’t look too good either.

“Raph, are you sick too?” Evelyn asked.

“I’m not sick.” He insisted. He frowned at her, suddenly sneezing twice.

“Uh huh.” Joi rolled her eyes as she followed Raph into the living room from the kitchen.

“Take them.” Evelyn demanded, holding out two pills.

“Fine.” He growled, dry swallowing them.

“I wonder if Angel and Karai are still talking about school upstairs.” Doni thought out loud.

“Outta de chair, Mikey.” Raph demanded.

“But I was here first!”

“But I’m sick. So beat it.”

“Aw, fine.” Mikey begrudgingly complied.

“Much better.” Raph grinned. “Now what’s dis about school?”

“It looks as if everyone except for you and Joi has agreed to go to High School when it picks back up.” Doni explained.

“Why would ya wanna do dat?”

“Karai wants to. That’s why Evelyn and I are doing it.” Mikey shrugged.

“And Leo’s doing it so we can spend time together.” Evelyn blushed.

“I’m going to be closer to Angel…and because it sounds like fun.” Doni admitted.

“Sorry guys. I can’t.” Joi shrugged. “I’ve already been through High School…but you know, I bet I could get a job as a receptionist.” She smiled, quickly becoming lost in thought. Raph sighed. “I guess I don’t really have a choice. I’d be bored outta my mind if I didn’t and you were all gone.”

April walked in from the kitchen. “Is no one hungry then?”

“I’m starving!” Mikey grinned, bolting into the kitchen.

“We were just talking about going to school.” Doni shrugged.

“You guys are going to school?!”

“Well, we were thinking about it. You and Casey would need to…adopt us though.” Doni blushed. “You wouldn’t need to for real or anything. The school would just call you guys if we got into trouble or something.”

“Of course we will!” April grinned. “We can say your parent’s were friends of ours or something.” She waved a hand dismissively. “And of course, you’re welcome to live with us.”

“In your apartment?” Joi gawked.

“Casey and I just bought a house in Jersey together a few days ago! We were going to tell you, but then this came up.” She said, referring to the mutation.

“We could always stay in the Lair.” Evelyn thought out loud.

“It might be interesting to live up top for a while though, if you and Casey don’t mind and have enough room of course.” Doni said.

“I wouldn’t have offered if there wasn’t enough space.” She smiled.

“What do you think Raph? Raph?”

“He’s asleep.” Joi smirked.

“The pills make you drowsy, I guess.” Evelyn shrugged.

“By the way, where are Leo, Karai, and Angel?” April asked.

“Leo’s right here.” Evelyn pointed at the couch.

“Is he sick?”

“He has a cold.” She explained. “So does Raph.

“I see.”

“Karai and Angel are still upstairs, I think.” Doni answered.

“They seem to be getting along well!” Evelyn smiled.

“Yeah, there getting along great.” Doni sneezed. “Ugh.” He moaned as he rubbed his forehead.

Evelyn eyed him suspiciously.

“Oh, just give me the pills.” He sighed, quickly swiping the box from her and taking two.

“Evie!” Karai grinned as she practically jumped down the stairs, followed by Angel.

“What is it, Kiki?” Evelyn asked.

“Evie? Kiki?” Doni raised an eyebrow.

“Old nicknames. We haven’t used them in years though. She must be really excited.”

“Guess what?!” She laughed, hugging her sister and putting all of her weight on her.

“Oh, Hon! My ankle.” She grimaced.

“Sorry!” She gasped.

“It’s ok.”

“Angel had a great idea! We should all go out to dinner when we get back home!

“That sounds like a good idea to me.” She smiled.

“That is going to be really weird. Being able to go out in public.” Doni smiled. He yawned, the pills starting to kick in.

“You alright?” Angel asked, taking his hand.

“We’re all a little sick.” He laughed. “Our immune systems need to rebuild.”

“You should go to bed.” Evelyn smiled.

Doni nodded. He gave Angel’s hand a soft squeeze before going upstairs.

“Well, I’m going to eat my sandwich.” April smiled.

“I have to finish my sandwich too!” Evelyn followed.

“I guess we should follow them.” Angel said. “Now that everyone else is asleep.”

“Yeah probably.” Joi agreed.

They walked into the kitchen, grabbing sandwiches from a plate.

A curly blonde boy was asleep at the table.

“Mikey.” Karai nudged him.

“Ugh. I’m going to bed.” He groaned, getting up.

“Here.” Karai sighed, giving him some of the pills Evelyn had given his brothers.

“Thanks. Hey, do you know when we’re heading back?”

“Tomorrow I think.”

“Good. I want to sleep in my own bed.” Mikey went up the stairs and into his room. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Now here's where it really begins!

Chapter 7: Complications and Conflictions

One month. It’s been one month since we were turned human, and everything still seems out of place. I had finally gotten a hold of myself. Finally figured out where I stood in life, but this seems to have shaken everything up. People make eye contact with me and don’t scream. Actually, girls seem to look at me a lot. Joi says it’s because I’m cute. But so what? If I’ve learned anything, it’s that appearances mean nothing in reality. But it seems they mean everything to the rest of the world.

Lately I’ve been thinking about a lot of things. Definitely how we are going to get back to normal, but usually I wonder if that’s what I really want. I don’t know what to do. Part of me feels like I want that security of knowing how the world sees me, but another part feels like I want to explore this newfound freedom. Being able to walk around during the day has been…nice. Who would have thought, right? The only inconvenient thing I can think of about being human is having to wear clothes.

It’s kind of sad. I’m not usually the guy who thinks of this kind of stuff, this is Leo’s kind of thing, but humans put so much into a person’s appearance. They judge someone based on how they look, whether they’re a mutant or wearing name brand clothes. Who are they to judge people like that? What if a doctor dressed up like a homeless guy? Just because he looks like a hobo doesn’t make him any less a doctor. I don’t know. Maybe I’m being an idiot and complicating things in my head. But these things have been bothering me. The only one I’ve talked about it with is Joi, and even though she’s been trying to help me, I don’t think I’m going to find the answers very easily.

Being so irritated all of the time has made me quick to anger again. That’s not to say I didn’t still have a short fuse before, but I’d learned to control my temper better. Now little things set me off again. Joi thinks I do this as a defense mechanism. I guess that would make sense. It keeps people from asking me questions when there are things that are bothering me.

Even with all of this crap, there have been a lot of positive things going on. Casey and I have been riding our bikes more, and I got to see a live wrestling tournament. Another great thing is now we can actually go to Casey and April’s wedding without watching from the roof of a nearby building or some trees. These changes are great, but I’m glad we decided to stay in the Lair. Too much change and I swear my head would explode.

That brings me to this new “hormone” theory Doni and Leo came up with. To be honest, I don’t get the whole nervous, tongue tied, shaking thing. Mostly I just want to show off. Thankfully, Joi and I have been going out for so long it doesn’t affect me very badly with her. The only real thing I’ve noticed is it makes it harder to not look at other women, but that’s about it. I know Doni and Leo have it the worst. Especially Don. He’s already shy as it is. Actually, I think the reason it’s so bad for Leo is that he’s just not used to thinking of girls like that. Mikey is kind of immature for his age, so I bet the full force of it hasn’t hit him yet. I’m lucky. I know this whole ordeal is bothering Don and Leo, and I can’t imagine having one more thing on my plate.

I don’t understand them. Humans I mean. I thought my brothers and I were pretty close to them in most ways. Sure we looked different on the surface, but I figured everything that went on in our minds was the same. I couldn’t be more wrong. There are some great humans, that’s definitely true. But the things that go on topside surprise me sometimes. A lot of people my age don’t have any manners or respect for others. The other day we were walking around Times Square and a man about my age shoved past a girl, causing her to drop the books in her hands. He kept walking without a word. The poor girl was on her hands and knees trying to pick up all of the books without being trampled. Mikey and I went to help her. It pained me to see her surprised face. She obviously didn’t expect anyone to assist her. The guy who pushed her was walking in front of us for a while and I heard him tell his friend she wasn’t pretty enough for him to pretend to be nice and help. Maybe I don’t know anything at all, but I was raised to be respectful of others, especially women and whether I find them “pretty” or not doesn’t matter in the slightest.

I suppose honor doesn’t matter to people if manners and respect don’t even matter anymore. I’ve always defined myself by my honor, so to see that this is a dead characteristic is startling. Yet, for the first time I’ve found myself really enjoying things besides training. I would do things besides that when I was a mutant, but I really didn’t enjoy anything the way I enjoyed training. Being able to go up-top and walk around is nice. I love feeling the sun on my skin. That’s a luxury I’m not used to.

Recently, I’ve started to read a lot. Don and I went into the library and I found some great books on meditation and futile Japan. Evelyn made me check out a few classics, All Quite on the Western Front by Erich Remarque, A Separate Peace by John Knowels, and Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. I have to admit, so far they’re very good. It’s a nice way to escape from the chaos around me. Usually I do that through meditation, but that can be hard when there is a lot of noise.

I feel bad for Doni. He’s still getting a grip on these new hormones. Angel thinks it’s adorable he becomes so nervous around her, so that’s good. Doni was afraid it might freak her out a little. As for me, the episode between me and Evelyn at the farmhouse was basically the end of it. She still gives me butterflies sometimes, but everything else is normal. I guess I just got used to it.

A lot of things are worrying me. Sometimes when we’re heading topside, I think I can feel a presence. I have a sneaking suspicion Bishop is looking for us in the sewers. I don’t want to worry everyone else, but if I feel it again I’m going to have to tell them about it. Better safe than sorry. At the same time, I can’t help feeling like my brothers aren’t sure they want to revert back to normal. To be honest, I’m not so sure myself. I almost feel as if I’m living a lie in this form, but it is kind of nice to be normal. If we do stay like this, what will we do after we graduate? I guess I’d travel the world before going to college, but after that? I don’t have a clue.

Which reminds me. Evelyn and I are thinking about getting jobs. Casey and April shouldn’t have to buy us clothes and things like that. They never complain about it, and I know April loves to shop, but it has to add up eventually. There are a couple job openings at a local grocery store that we might apply for.

This is AWESOME! I can’t believe it’s already been a week! Karai and I have been all over New York, and we found a skate park! I’ve been teaching her how to skate every day, and she’s gotten pretty good at it! We went out for pizza, just the two of us. She even let me order it! I’ve never been able to do that before. Usually April orders and messes it up, not that I’m being ungrateful or anything. I’m just thankful we were able to eat pizza when we were turtles. But anyway, I’ve never had so much fun! We even snuck out and went to Coney Island. I’ve always wanted to ride on a roller coaster! I’ve been having so much fun, I’ve almost completely stopped feeling bad about it. Sure, I feel kind of bad sometimes for denying part of myself in a way, but in the end I only feel grateful for the time I have now.

I really don’t want to go to school. I was talking about how great it is to be able to do anything at any time, and Angel told me it isn’t like that once school is in session. We’re going to have to do homework and be in school for seven plus hours so our free time will be limited. I’ve never been very good as concentrating, so how does everyone expect me to be any good at school? There’s no way. Well I guess it won’t matter anyway. Doni will get us back to normal soon, and everything human related will be out of reach. So I guess I might as well enjoy everything while it lasts. One year of school. I can do that, right? Yeah for Karai, I think I can do that.

I kind of hope Doni can’t find a cure. Then we could all stay like this. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. I can sense it. All of my brothers are wrestling with what to do. To be honest, I think Doni’s only trying in the first place because it feels like the natural thing to do. Lately I’m pretty sure he hasn’t actually been working on anything. I caught him reading a science magazine in his lab instead of working yesterday.

Raph seems angry again. I’m not sure why. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the transformation. And Doni has been spending lots of time with Angel. Leo…he’s actually relaxed. It’s kind of weird. No one else seems to notice it, but it’s freaking me out! I guess it’s not a bad thing, but if Leo doesn’t worry enough for the rest of us, I’m not sure we will be able to adjust very quickly. He’s been going for walks at night with Evelyn. I always pretend to be asleep on the couch when they sneak outside. I wonder where they go. Probably Central Park or something.

If we reverted to our old forms now, I think we’d be restless. We’re already getting sick of living underground after being up top for so long. To be honest, I think it might be a good idea to live with Casey and April. Leo would never go for it though. Neither would Evelyn or Karai. I know it would be asking them a lot, but they did offer and I’m starting to get claustrophobic down here.

Everything is really…complicated. Well that’s not entirely true. Some things are relatively simple. I’m completely and utterly in love with Angel. I know because there isn’t a doubt in my mind. I see her and everything is ok. When she’s around, nothing else matters. I’m not sure when this happened, but it did and that’s what counts in the end.

Here’s where it gets complicated. For the first time, I’m able to go places with her. She would never admit it, but I know my being able to do that means a lot to her. She’s really excited for me to meet her friends. I’m nervous as shell. This is all great, right? So why should I try to find a cure? I’m confused. It feels like I should try but I don’t want to. But I suppose I have to. I have to for my brothers.

I’ve kind of been…well lying. It’s the first time I’ve ever really done anything like this before. I haven’t actually been working on a cure, even though I told my brothers I am. I’m going to…after I meet Angel’s friends. Right now I’ve just been reading science magazines for a couple hours in my lab and checking the surveillance. Something triggered it the other day, but I think it was a fluke. I didn’t see anything so it was probably a rat. Anyway, I ran countless tests, and the mutation isn’t having any negative effects on our health so there isn’t really a rush, right?

It is annoying to wear glasses, I’ll admit. I hope I can get contacts soon, because I’m getting really tired of my glasses falling off while I’m sparring. Hair is much easier to deal with. I kept it long. I don’t know why. Angel likes it, and I guess I kind of like it too. I don’t really see a practical reason for cutting it so instead I’ve been pulling it back with a purple bandana.

My brothers don’t know this, but I’ve been wearing my mask around my ankle. It reminds me of how things used to be. I feel like it’s important to remember the past and how it’s made us strong. During a period of time like this where things are changing at an astounding pace, a physical representation of the past is very helpful. Don’t misunderstand, I like where we are headed, I just don’t want to get so caught up in the future I forget about the past.

“Raph?” Joi called as she walked into the training area.

He was on the bench press. He put the weights away and sat up. “Hey babe!” He grinned.

“Do you want to go up top for a while? I’m getting cabin fever.”

“Sure.” He stood up and stretched for a moment, his white T-shirt soaked with perspiration. He had on a pair of black cargo pants and Vans. He gazed at Joi for a moment. “Aren’t ya gonna be cold?” She had on a green camisole and shorts that had once been jeans, until she cut them.

“It’s still summer! And besides, it’s not that late yet. I think I’ll be fine.”

“Ok.” He shrugged. He grabbed her hand and they walked into the living room together.

Mikey and Karai whizzed past them, getting to the door first. “Race you!” He called to Karai.

“Prepare to lose!” She laughed.

“Hey!” Raph yelled.

Both teenagers stopped abruptly and turned to look at him.

“What?” Mikey asked, a few stray ringlets of hair bobbing in front of his eyes.

“Where are ya two goin?

“To the skate park.” He answered, pointing to a pair of skateboards leaning against the door a few feet away.

“Did ya tell Leo? Ya know how he gets when ya disappear without tellin him where yer goin.”

“I just told him we were going up top.” He shrugged.

“And he didn’t ask for da details?!” Raph asked, his eyes wide with shock.

“Nope. He just asked if I had my shell-cell on me, and told us to be back by ten.”

Raph stared blankly.

“He has been much more easy going lately.” Karai put in.

Raph shook his head. “Well whatever.” He sighed.

Karai smiled, untying the black jacket that was around her waist and shrugging it on over her green vintage T-shirt. “May I ask where you are headed?”

“And if you told Leo?” Mikey laughed.

“We’re heading topside. Not sure where.” Raph frowned. He didn’t like to be interrogated. “LEO!” He yelled.

“Raph! Don’t yell. Come upstairs next time, if you want to talk to me.” Leo sighed, coming out of his room and jumping to the lower level. “What is it?”

“Joi and I are going topside.”

Leo nodded, thinking for a moment. “Evelyn and I might go up-top too.”

“My ears are burning! Someone must have said my name.” Evelyn smiled, coming out of Leo’s room and joining the group. “Are we going to the grocery store now?” She asked Leo.

“Now is as good a time as any, I suppose. We should probably tell Doni if we are all going.”

“I’ll tell him!” Mikey offered. He ran into Don’s lab. “Doni! Take a break and come up-top with us. You can see Angel.” He said, trying to entice his brother into coming with them.

Doni looked up from what looked like a genetics book, but Mikey knew he had a science magazine hidden behind it. Don brushed his long red hair out of his eyes. “Sure. A break sounds nice.”

“Because you’ve been working so hard.” Mikey smiled, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. His tone was kind, but slightly sarcastic.

Don looked at him in shocked comprehension. “How long have you known?”

“That you’ve been reading magazines instead of looking for a cure? For about a week.”

“Don’t tell the others.” He said embarrassedly.

Mikey looked at his brother, trying to figure out how he was feeling. “Fine. But I think you should tell them. You’re not very good at lying. And I get the feeling they don’t know if they want to become normal again either. “

Doni sighed, looking really troubled. He grabbed his bandana off of the table and tied it around his head so it pulled his hair back.

“Stop.” Mikey frowned.

“What?” Doni asked in surprise.

“Stop worrying about it. Either do something or don’t. It’s that simple.”

“Mikey,” Doni began. “I think you actually said something smart.” He grinned, walking out of his lab with his younger brother next to him.

“You don’t need to sound so surprised.” He frowned, plunging his hands into the pockets of his jean shorts.

Don laughed as they joined the others by the door. “Are we going or what?”

“Yeah, yeah we’re leavin.” Raph answered as he opened the door to the sewers. The others quickly followed.

“So are we splitting up and then meeting back at Johnny’s Pizza for dinner?” Mikey asked.

“Yes, that works. Make sure your weapons are hidden though. We don’t want to scare anyone.” Leo warned. He had a backpack on he had modified so it hid his katanas.

“We know, we know.” Raph sighed, secretly smiling. He had his sais hidden in secret pockets sewn into the inside of his pants.

Mikey’s nunchukus were easy to hide inside the pockets of his orange jacket. He took one out, spinning it around his head. “You tell us every time we head to the surface.”

“You needn’t worry, Leo.” Karai smiled. “You four have adapted to hiding your weapons, and the rest of us are already accustomed to it.” She patted the left side of her jacket where her tanto was hidden.

Doni had his in plain view, sticking slightly out of his brown duffle bag. “No one cares if you’re carrying a stick.” He smiled. “So I don’t really have to hide my bo.”

“Hmm. I still need to buy a new sword.” Evelyn thought out loud. Her old ones had been confiscated by Bishop the first day of her capture. “The sooner I get a job the better.”

"And I've got mine hidden in my backpack." Joi smiled.

"Eh, where is your backpack?" Raph asked, noticing it wasn't with her.

"Back at the Lair. If we get into a fight, I can use my hands. I also have some kunai hidden in my shorts pockets." She smiled.

Raph sighed, worried slightly about Joi.

Leo stopped abruptly.

Evelyn looked at him curiously. She suddenly sensed what he had and nodded grimly. Karai also sensed the presence and took out her tanto.

“You four seem to have adjusted quite well.” A voice called from the shadows up ahead.

“Bishop.” Raph snarled.

Bishop stepped out to where they could see him clearly. “I’m afraid I will be taking you back to my laboratory now. I must conduct more tests, and I would rather they be on disposable mutant freaks than humans I need for the final stage of my plan.”

“What plan would that be, exactly?” Doni asked, boa staff I hand.

“I see no benefit in explaining it to you terrapins. You will either be dead or driven insane by the time it is put into effect.” He replied simply. His eyes gleamed with both madness and genius.

“We aren’t going anywhere with a monster like you, Bishop.” Leo said defiantly.

“Instead, we’re gonna rip ya apart.” Raph smirked. He had both sais out now.

“Yeah, especially since you did the whole ‘emerging from the shadows’ thing. That’s our gimmick.” Mikey laughed.

Bishop smiled slightly. About thirty of his trained goons walked out of the dark, each one holding a dart gun loaded with sedatives.

Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Sick, hot human turtles... *Fangirl squeal* Sorry...that was nessessary...

And I know exactly how you feel. Plays suck the time out of everything...sheesh. I had a MINOR role when our school did Fiddler on the roof, and I had to stay at the darn school till EIGHT!!!!!! >8C Not only that, sometimes we would have to wait for an hour just for one of the teachers to open the door to the auditorium. Always windy and cold...without fail. Stupid nature...
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 pm

My rehearsal is right after school in our auditorium, so I'm lucky! I don't have to wait outside. But yeah, I had a minor role with no lines, then people dropped out and the director asked me to play a different role! Everyone else has had twice as long to memorize lines, so I'm freaking out! Why do the people in Pride and Prejudice have to talk in such a gosh darn wordy way? Mad Thanks for ruining my life, Jane Austin! Just kidding....kind of.
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:01 am

Jaane Austin?! Sheesh, I already get too much of that at my house!

Oh, and who said Cowabunga? Bishop? Mikey? One of the girls? I didn't exactly catch it.
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Ohmygosh. The first thing that popped into my head after I read your post was Bishop saying "Cowabunga" Laughing out loud You just made my day! Nah, it was supposed to be Mikey.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 768
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Raphael! I guess I mostly like Raph cuz I can relate to him really well. Tough decision tho...
Registration date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Love. It. So. Much!

This fanfic is amazing. My eyes were glued to the screen, i don't even think I blinked!

Also, I got dibs on human Raph, and I will fight Joi for him..... Twisted
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:08 pm

*Bows* Thank you! Sometimes I worry it's a little too...ah, what's the word I'm looking for? Shojo, I suppose. I get really in to the psychology of people and like to put characters in uncomfortable or odd situations to see how they react, so I forget to put action in there sometimes! Anime smile

Hey, if you fight as well as Belle does, then my money is on you! Joi had better watch her back! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   

Back to top Go down
The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT-Forum :: Misc :: Fan-works :: Fan TMNT stories-
Jump to: