Welcome to 3800 day old Forum, with 748 users!
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Number of posts : 768
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Raphael! I guess I mostly like Raph cuz I can relate to him really well. Tough decision tho...
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm close to as good as Belle is, comes from mixed martial arts, boxing and weight lifting.... Of course, I don't have a special power making it impossible for me to lose when I'm trying, but I do fight well when Angry. And I'm glad you like my fics too. Big grin
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 1047
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Leo, obviously. But I love all of them <3
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun May 08, 2011 12:07 am

Warning: I mention something about evolution in this chapter, and will again later. I DON’T BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION!!! I consider it science fiction, and so I am using it as fiction.

I also don't own Tylenol

Chapter 8: We Make Adapting Look Easy (Or Do We...?)

“Let’s do this!” Raph growled.

The group jumped into the fray, skillfully dogging the sedatives.

Doni grabbed his bo staff out of his bag. “Come on, you muscle bound idiots!” He grinned.

Five men surrounded him at once.

He quickly hit one in the stomach with his bo. Two others ran at him, so he jumped and they slammed into each other.

Doni smirked, looking around for the last of his opponents. He couldn’t see them anywhere. In fact, he couldn’t see anything at all.

Doni’s eyes widened in horror. “My glasses! Oh shell, where are my glasses?!” He spun around, lunging blindly at what he thought was one of Bishop’s men. His hand met the sewer wall with a crunching sound. “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!!!!” He yelped while clutching it tightly.

One of the men aimed their gun at him, hand on the trigger.

“Oh no you don’t!” Joi smirked. She swung her chain-whip around her head and threw it towards the man. It wrapped around his legs, tripping him.

Joi spotted Don’s glasses and ran over to them. She picked them up quickly. “Doni!”

Don turned towards the direction of her voice. He squinted. “Joi?”

She closed the difference between them and handed the glasses over. “Better?”

He put them on. One lens was slightly cracked, but at least he could see. “Much.”

Mikey was engaged with a group of his own. He was surrounded by four of Bishop’s men. He jumped out of the way of a vial containing sedatives and purposely landed on his back with every intention of spinning around on his shell while kicking all of his enemies. Except he didn’t have a shell anymore.

He groaned, all the wind knocked out of him. “Note to self. Some moves don’t work so well anymore.”

“I gotcha back, bro.” Raph laughed as he took on all of Mikey’s opponents. They fell in a matter of seconds. “Shell for Brains.” He smirked as he helped is younger brother up.

“I forgot!” He frowned indignantly.

“Only ten of you? Against the two of us?” Karai grinned evilly.

Leo stood back to back with her. He laughed despite himself. “Don’t get overconfident.”

“I know, I know. I was simply using ‘trash-talk’, as you call it.”

He smirked while round-house kicked one of the men in the gut and phoenix punched another in the face. They both kept moving constantly to avoid the sedatives being fired.

One of the men grabbed Leo’s ponytail and jerked him back. “Heyyy!” he yelped.

“I am coming!” Karai laughed slightly. She cut his hair quickly with her tanto. It was shaggy and now shoulder length.

Leo jumped out of the way and Karai dispatched the enemy.

“Yeeha!” Raph grinned, obviously having more fun than he should have been having. He was down to one-on-one with the last of his opponents. He quickly knocked the gun out of the man’s hand. The soldier looked at him grimly and took off his helmet that all of Bishop’s men wore. Silvery hair cascaded down her back as she grabbed a dagger from her pocket.

Raph stared, slightly shocked. “Yer a chick?”

The woman looked about his age and seemed very pixy-ish. She had a very tiny nose and ears, and a dainty mouth, as well as unbelievably huge eyes. She chuckled. Her laugh was like the tinkling of bells, and when she spoke, her voice was as smooth as honey. “You’re surprised? It’s the twenty-first century, mutant. Woman can do whatever men can do, and better.” She suddenly lunged at him.

He jerked back. He tried to reach her with his sia, but she was always one step ahead of him.

“If I lean in just a little, she’ll cut right into my plastron but I’ll cut her ribs. It’ll hurt her more than me.” He reasoned.

He put his plan into effect. Both weapons hit their mark, hers lodging deep into his chest, and his cutting her side.

She gasped, dropping to the ground and clutching her side.

Raph felt his chest in shock, breathing hard. He had forgotten he didn’t have a plastron anymore. His chest was just as vulnerable as hers had been.

He pulled the dagger out shakily and grunted.

“Raph!” Joi screamed.

“I’m fine.” He mumbled. The blood loss was already making him slightly dizzy. The woman’s cut had been jagged and deep.

Joi tried to make her way over to him, but was stopped by one of the only remaining troops.

“I got it!” Evelyn called to Joi. She sprinted over to Raph.

“I’m fine! I told ya, I was fine!” He insisted, breathing heavily.

She examined him. “We need to get you out of here!” She said nervously, completely disregarding Raph’s assurances.

Evelyn whirled around as something touched her ankle.

A silvery blonde with violet eyes stared up at her. Her breath was extremely labored. “Monique.”

Raph nodded. “Raphael.”

Monique smiled tiredly, handing Raph his sia. “You were an honorable opponent, Raphael.” She fell face down and stopped moving.

“I know when I am beaten.” Bishop scowled. He threw a set of kunai at the group and disappeared while they were distracted.

“Sh*t!” Raph winced. He was leaning heavily on Evelyn, a kunai heading towards them. He wasn’t going to be able to doge it.

Evelyn gritted her teeth as she thrust her arm out in front of Raph’s face, catching the kunai with it. She ripped it out with vehemence and threw it to the ground with a clatter.

“Now let’s get the hell out of here.” She growled while still helping Raph walk.

“Evelyn, Raph! Wait!” Leo yelled, running after her.

She turned her head. He could see weariness in her green eyes.

Leo grabbed Raph’s other arm so his weight was distributed evenly between himself and Evelyn.

Joi quickly reached Raph and put her hand on his shoulder. “Raph, are you ok?!”

“How many times da I have ta say it! I’m f-fi…” He started. He suddenly began to sway.

“Hang in there bro.” Mikey clenched his teeth.

Doni examined him as they continued to walk. “Wow.” He breathed. “It’s deep.”

“We must get to April’s!” Karai declared.

Mikey smiled slightly. “Thank you, Captain Obvious.”

She elbowed him.

They got to the ladder in a matter of minutes.

Leo helped Raph climb up and took the lid off.

Next went Joi, Doni, and Karai.

Evelyn started to climb but fell into Mikey’s arms.

“Are you ok?” He asked, slightly shocked. He looked down at her blood covered arm. “Oh!”

“I’m ok! I can climb with one arm.” She shrugged, standing up and climbing again. She surfaced and breathed in clean air.

Mikey quickly followed.

“April’s store is right next door. If we go down this ally and turn left, we’ll end up at her backdoor.” Doni informed them.

The group followed his instructions and knocked on the door.

Casey opened it. “Hiya guys! What are ya doin here? Does April know?” His face fell as he saw Raph. “Oh.”

“Bishop.” Leo said quickly. “He’s probably still patrolling the sewers. We need a safe place to stay.”

“’Course!” Casey ushered them inside. There were a few boxes around the stairs.

“She’s upstairs packin’. We’re movin in ta da house today and puttin’ more antique stuff upstairs.” He explained. “April!” He called.

“What is it sweetie?”

“I need ya help. Da guys are here.”

April quickly ran down the stairs. “Oh my!” She gasped. Get him upstairs and onto the bed!”

Leo and Casey both helped Raph upstairs. Most of the things up there were put away into boxes. Luckily, the bed was still set up.

“Should we take him to the hospital? Or do you think they would ask too many questions?” April asked nervously.

“Just…stitch me up…it ain’t…dat deep.” Raph squinted up at them.

“Raphy, just stay awake.” Joi whispered. She grabbed his hand and kissed his forehead gently. It was slick with perspiration.

“I don’t understand. Raph’s been stabbed plenty of times. This shouldn’t be that bad.” Mikey frowned nervously.

“The problem is how much blood he’s losing.” April said.

“I think maybe he’s punctured his lung!” Joi cried, completely horrified.

“Casey, call an ambulance!” April panicked.

“Evelyn! Can you heal him like you healed me when my lung was cut?” Karai asked hopefully.

Evelyn stared at her for a moment before shaking her head adamantly.

“Why not?!”

“It’s too risky!” She chewed her lip.

“We’re running out of time and options!” Joi pleaded.

“I can’t!” She yelled, tears coming now. “I can’t, ok? I literally can’t!”

“What do you mean? You did it to me-“ Karai began.

“Bishop took away my magic. I can’t use any of it anymore.”

“But why would he do that?” She asked in shock.

“I don’t know. He was trying to experiment with evolution or something. It’s why he turned all of you human. He collected a lot of my energy.”

Sirens could be heard outside.

“If I could use magic, I would have deflected the kunai Bishop threw back there, and my ankle would have healed after a day.” She said, referring to her finally fully healed ankle.

The door opened downstairs and men came upstairs with a gurney.

“Out of the way.” They shoved past the group and lifted Raph onto it.

“I’m coming.” Joi said forcefully.

“Miss, that’s against-“

“Do you want a p*ssed off girlfriend or moral support?”

“Point taken.”

Joi , the two paramedics, and Raph went downstairs and into the ambulance. The others piled into April’s van and followed.

Evelyn sat with her head in her hands, felling utterly useless and worried.

Leo put his arm around her. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

She turned away. “I was…ashamed and scared. I felt exposed. Raph might die, and there’s nothing I can do to help him!”

“That’s how we all feel.” Doni put a hand on her shoulder in comfort.

“Yeah. I guess so.”

“Punctured lung.” One of the paramedics said.

Joi held Raph’s hand. “You’re ok, baby.”

He smirked. “’Course…I’m ok. …I…told ya…I’m fine.” He winced, closing his eyes again.

“Stop lying.” Joi chocked back a sob. “You idiot!”

“Miss, if you are going to be here, please control yourself.” One of the men told her.

“Of course. I’m sorry.”

The two others worked to keep Raph breathing.

“By the way, I’m John.” The man smiled sympathetically at her. He was around his mid-twenties and had short, sandy blonde hair with green eyes.

“…What are the chances of him surviving this?”

“To be honest? I’m not really sure…I’m just an intern.”

“Fifty-fifty.” One of the two working answered in a monotone.

“F-fifty percent!?” Joi gasped.

“It’s ok, I’m sure he’s a fighter.” John assured her, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“You’d…better…keep away…from my…girl.” Raph joked, laughing slightly. He coughed violently.

“Stop talking you numbskull!” Joi shouted.

“See? He’s got fight in him.” John told her.

The car stopped and John opened the doors of the ambulance. The two doctors rolled the gurney out of the back of the car and into the hospital.

Joi and John walked quickly behind.

“Oh, dear God! Please let him live! I can’t take another death!” Joi whispered.

“I’m sorry, but you need to wait out here. No one is allowed in the OR.” John informed her after they walked into the waiting room.

“OR? He needs surgery!?” She asked, beginning to panic. She paced up and down.

“Yes. But don’t worry, we’re going to patch him up and he’ll be better in a couple of days. I’ll give you updates, ok?”

“Thank you.”

“Joi?” April called. The rest of the group was following close behind.

“April!” Joi ran to her.

April embraced her and she broke down. Joi hadn’t cried like this since she was a young child.

“It’s going to be ok, Joi.” April hugged her.

Angel suddenly rushed into the waiting room. “Is he ok?!” She asked Doni.

“We still don’t know.”

Raph saw a bright light.

“Oh sh*t. I’m dead.” He thought to himself. He also unknowingly said it out loud.

“You’re not dead.” A voice laughed. “In fact, I was just about to tell your girlfriend you made it.”

His eyes adjusted and he saw a man with green eyes and sandy blonde hair standing over him.

“Ohhhhhhh sh*******t! She’s gonna kill me!” His voice was hoarse, and talking took a lot of effort.

“Why? What were you doing that got you hurt?”

“I-uh…well ta be honest I kinda got inta a fight.” He groaned, trying to sit up.

“Well then, stay down soldier. You’re going to pass out if you sit up.”

“She was in it too, I just got de only kid with a freakin knife.” He sighed.

“Then why would she be mad at you?”

“’Cause! I made her worry.”

“I’ll never understand the logic of women.” The man shrugged.

“Ya da kid who was makin her feel better in da ambulance?”

“Yep! She’s a nice gal. She’s balling her eyes out. She cares for you, dude.”

“Will ya go grab her for me?”

“Of course.” The man smiled and then left.

Raph sighed. He almost fell asleep, when the sound of a door opening woke him up.

“Raph!” Joi grabbed his hand and began to cry again. “I was so worried about you! Don’t ever do this to me again!”

“Don’t apologize!”

Raph sighed. She was difficult when she was like this. She didn’t know what she wanted.

“Where are the others?” He asked.

“Evelyn is having her arm checked, and Leo’s with her. Mikey and Karai went to the food court and aren’t answering their shell-cells, and Angel slipped Doni some pills to make him fall asleep. Casey and April wanted me to be able to see you first.”

“Why would Angel-“

“She was worried Doni would worry too much and not get enough sleep, since we’ve all been up all night, so she asked him to take some ‘aspirin’ that was really Tylenol. You know how Tylenol makes him fall asleep.”

“Yeah.” Raph smirked. He coughed, still feeling short of breath. His chest was extremely sore. “Come here.” He told Joi.

She leaned in closer.

He stroked her hair until he fell asleep.

Joi smiled and sat in one of the chairs in the room.

The door suddenly burst open.

“Sh!!!” Joi put a finger to her lips in a sign for quiet. Everyone had realized they could see Raph at once apparently.

“Is he ok?” Leo whispered.

“He’s fine.” She smiled. Relief was clearly written across their faces.

The others all let out one huge sigh in perfect harmony.

“Hey, where are Doni and Angel?” Joi asked, noticing neither of them where present.

“Turns out, Angel noticed Don’s hand was busted up and bugged him about getting it checked out. He wouldn’t, so she drugged him and is having one of the doctors X-ray it.” Mikey laughed.

“Crafty.” She smirked.

“Now that we know Raph is ok, there’s something we should talk about. Do you think Bishop will have anticipated us coming here?” Evelyn asked quietly. She picked at the bandage her right hand was bandaged in.

“I don’t know.” Joi admitted.

“Even if he did, I doubt he’d make a big spectacle of coming in here and apprehending us.” Leo pointed out. “He is part of the government after all, and can’t risk civilians knowing what he’s up to.”

“Yes, but when we leave? What if he attacks us then?” Karai frowned.

Leo shrugged. “I don’t know. It’s possible. It seems like we defeated all of the forces he had with him though. He will for sure have men patrolling the sewers now that he knows we are still living there.”

“I guess now we don’t have a choice. We have to move in with Casey and April.” Mikey sighed in mock despair, but was wearing a huge grin.

Leo nodded hesitantly. “Yes, I guess so.”

“All right!” Mikey yelped.

Raph groaned. “Would ya keep it down?” He mumbled in his sleep.

Joi whacked him on Mikey on the head.

“Ow.” He pouted.

She smiled slightly. “Raph will probably have to stay here for another day or two. I guess we can all sleep in here until he’s discharged.”

Doni and Angel walked in suddenly.

“Ok!” Angel smiled, hearing the end of Joi’s suggestion.

“Not you Angel.” Doni said groggily. The Tylenol was still making him sleepy. “You need to go back home.”

She sighed. “Fine. I’ll have Casey and April drop me off. Don’t forget to take your medicine while I’m gone!”

Don smiled slightly. His left hand was completely bandaged up.

“What’s the damage?” Mikey asked.

“I broke all of my fingers, save for my thumb.”

“Smooth move brainiac.”

“Can it Mikey.” Leo sighed.

Joi laughed despite herself. “Well, the mutation wasn’t all bad. For the first time since Master Splinter’s death, we’re acting like a family again.”
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun May 08, 2011 1:46 am

Raph!! I almost thought he WAS dead!! Thank you for not letting him die!! Not Raphie!! But this chapter was sooooo dang cute!!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Tue May 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Chapter 9: People

“No.” Raph shook his head.

“Raph! It’s the uniform!” April sighed exasperatedly.

He shrugged. “I ain’t wearin slacks.”

“Don’t be difficult.” Leo sighed as he walked out of the dressing room. He was wearing navy blue slacks, a long-sleeved white button up shirt, and a navy blue tie.

“Come on, Leo! They’re uncomfortable.”

“They aren’t that bad.” Doni interjected. He was back in his tan slacks and blue, short-sleeved button up shirt.

“You would say that, braniac. You practically wear the uniform every day.” He grumbled.

“I’m with Raph. Why can’t we wear shorts?” Mikey complained. He also had on the uniform.

“I like them.” Karai grinned. “They bring out your eyes.” She was in a short sleeved white button up shirt and navy blue skirt that came down just above her knees.

“Well, my eyes ARE pretty cute.” He joked.

“You’re the ones who wanted to go to school. Uniforms are a part of that.” April informed them.

Evelyn grimaced as she looked at herself in the mirror. The only skirt that fit her and was the right color came down to the middle of her thigh. “I don’t like this. Don’t they have longer skirts?” She asked no one in particular.

“I like it.” Leo ventured.

She gave him a look. “You’re a guy. You WOULD like it.”

“That’s not what I meant.” He blushed.

“I know. It just cracks me up to see you blush.”

“You’re evil.” He teased.

Angel smiled. “That’s about the right length.” She told Evelyn.

“Then how come Karai’s is so much longer?!” Evelyn asked in confusion.

“Because I like skirts that are long.” Karai shrugged.

“Sometimes it sucks to be tiny.” She sighed, staring at her visibly scarred legs.

“Raph, you’re going to try on the uniform.” Joi told him.

“Fine.” He grumbled, finally taking the clothes from April and going into one of the dressing rooms.

After Raph was finally discharged from the hospital, everyone (except for Angel) moved in with April and Casey. The group made one careful trip to the Lair and packed a few of their things.

Leo had been right; Bishop did have men patrolling the sewers for them. Luckily, they made it back to the surface without much difficulty.

The house was nice and big. Evelyn and Karai shared one room upstairs, Mikey and Doni shared the other. There were two rooms downstairs. One was meant to be an office, and another was only half finished and obviously meant to be a storage room. Raph and Leo shared the half-finished area and Joi moved into the office.

Evelyn and Leo had both applied for a job at a local grocery store and had both been hired. Raph also applied for a job as a mechanic downtown. Working on his bike and Casey’s car had given him lots of practice with vehicles. He got the job without much trouble. Doni created an online tech support business, and even Mikey and Karai got hired to work the counter at a local skate shop.

Doni quickly made forged adoption certificates for the six of them and they all enrolled in the same school Angel went to. Angel was even able to pull a few strings with some of her teachers to help Joi get hired as an assistant there.

After they were all enrolled, April decided to take them shopping to get school uniforms. No one was super thrilled about having to wear uniforms. Doni didn’t mind too much, but he wore slacks and a nice shirt every day.

Raph sighed as he shut the door to one of the changing stalls and came back out of the dressing room. “So do they fit?” He asked. He hadn’t buttoned the shirt or put the tie on.

“Well we can’t really tell unless you put the clothes on the RIGHT way.” April raised an eyebrow.

Raph rolled his eyes and buttoned the shirt. “Better?”

“Yes, I think that will work.”

“Good. I’m gonna take this off now.” He left to put his ripped jean shorts and black t-shirt back on.

Leo ran a hand through his hair. A habit he had developed since they had become human. He only did it when he was tired or frustrated. After Karai cut it with her tanto during the fight with Bishop, April had insisted on cutting it so it “didn’t look like it was cut with a lawnmower” as she had put it. It ended up shaggy, with the longest parts in the front being past his ears.

“Thanks for taking us here, April.” He sighed. Shopping was more tiring then he had anticipated.

“Of course.” She laughed. “I never thought I’d be able to shop for you guys before.”

“Yeah it’s an interesting concept.” Doni mused.

“Speaking of an ‘interesting concept’, we need to talk about your lack of shaving lately.” Angel frowned.

“It’s hard to shave with your left hand.” He showed her his still healing right hand and shrugged apologetically. “It’s not like it’s that bad. I just have some five o’clock shadow.”

“It’s scratchy! I don’t like kissing you when you haven’t shaved.”

April and Joi watched Angel continue to pester Don about the subject and Doni continue to apologize profusely.

“They’re so cute.” April smiled.

“They sure are fun to watch.” Joi agreed.

Mikey and Raph both walked out at around the same time, both of them in their normal clothes.

Mikey shrugged on his orange sweatshirt over his white t-shirt that sported some type of skating logo.

“Raph,” April asked. “Can you give these to the woman at the counter to hold?” She handed him Doni and Karai’s uniforms on top of his own.

“Yeah, and mine too!” Mikey smirked, placing his on top of the pile.

“Alright.” He shrugged. He walked across the clothes store and put the clothes on the counter while he waited for the sales clerk to come back from folding clothes. He turned to his right and was slightly taken aback by what he saw. A girl sporting black cargo pants with chains, a blood red t-shirt that said “bite me” on it with vampire fangs, black converse, red and black checkered arm gloves, and electric blue hair was also waiting for one of the sales ladies.

The girl turned and smiled at him. She quickly assessed the clothes in his arms. “Are you going to Greenwood High?” She questioned.

“Uh, yeah.” He frowned, recalling the name of the school. He continued to stare her hair.

“I’m going there too! I’ll be a senior, but this will also be my first year at the school. I just moved here.”

“Really? It’s gonna be my first year too.”

“Awesome! Maybe we’ll have some classes together then.” She smiled. She was really pretty, and had unbelievably large blue eyes. She noticed him staring at her hair. Her giggle sounded like the tinkling of bells. “I died my hair to match the uniform. With everyone in the same clothes, you have to be creative to be unique!”

“Yeah, I guess yer right.” He agreed. “I know her from somewhere…but where? I don’t know many humans.” He thought to himself. “Hey, do I know you?”

“I don’t think so. I’m Ally. Ring any bells?”

“Not that I can think of.” He sighed.

“And you are…” She laughed again.

“Oh! Raphael.”

“Raphael? Like the painter?”

“Yeah somethin like that. Ya can call me Raph.”

“Well, Raph, I sincerely hope we have a few classes together.” She smiled.

“Sure, yeah. That’d be cool.” He nodded in agreement.

The sales lady finally came back and Ally quickly bought her things. Raph watched her leave, still certain he had seen her somewhere.

“Sir? Sir?” The sales clerk scowled.

“Huh? Oh yeah. Can ya hold these fer me?” He asked her.

“Sure.” The lady sighed, taking the clothes from him.

Raph walked back to the others, unable to shake the feeling of deja vu the girl had given him.

A girl with electric blue hair and light blue eyes carried a shopping bag into the bathroom of a mall. She walked over to a sink and put the bag down. Reaching into her pants pocket, she took out a case for contact lenses. She opened it and set it down on the lip of the sink. She sighed in relief as she took out her contacts. She had always found them extremely uncomfortable. She carefully placed the custom made lenses into the case. She stared at the clear lenses, well they were clear except for the blue irises that were painted on them.

Ally closed the case and put it back into her pants pocket, then examined her eyes in the mirror above the sink. Her violet eyes were blood shot.

She groaned. “I hate wearing contacts.” She complained out loud. She bent over the sink so she could see the top of her head in the mirror. She would have to dye it again soon. Her silvery-blonde roots were showing.

“Nah. It’s ok. As long as I get the chance to have a rematch with Raphael.” She encouraged herself, her hand unknowingly covering the scar his sai had left in her side.

She put the contact case back into her pocket and pulled out a tiny communicator from the same pocket.

“Monique to Bishop. I have made contact. Operation ‘Observe from Afar’ is in process.” She said out loud.

“Excellent.” Bishop’s voice said in her ear. “Do not make contact again. Wait until they begin school next week. We may then observe how the mutation reacts to different stimuli. At the same time, you will become close to the terrapins and find out where they are hiding. Then, when I deem it the right time, I will send you commando units and you will lead them to their hiding place.”

“Yes sir.” She answered automatically.

“Hey, Leo. We know anybody named ‘Ally’?” Raph asked as his brother walked out of the dressing room, now wearing dark blue shorts and a dark red t-shirt.

“No, I don’t think so.” He replied, raising an eyebrow “Why?”

“I met some chick up at the front counter and I swear I know her. ‘Cept I don’t know where from.”

“She might just have one of those faces.” Leo suggested.

“I don’t think so. If ya saw what she wore and what her hair looked like, ya wouldn’t say that.”

Evelyn quickly walked up behind them, now also in her normal clothes. She had on light blue jeans and a long-sleeved, purple T-shirt. “Are we ready to go?” She smiled.

“Yes I think so!” April smiled.

“Ok then.” She took out a wad of cash from her pocket. “I have fifty…sixty…sixty five dollars from work.” She counted.

Leo and Raph already had their money out as well.

“Eighty.” Leo counted.

“And I have seventy.” Raph put in.

“Together, Mikey, Karai, and I have one hundred and fifty.” Doni announced.

“Um, what are you guys doing?” April raised an eyebrow.

“Counting out our money to make sure we have enough to buy our uniforms.” He replied matter-of-factly.

“No way! When I said I’d take you all shopping, I meant I was buying you your uniforms!”

“But April! It’s over three hundred dollars!!” Leo and Raph cried out in unison.

“Yes!!! Now I can buy a new skateboard!” Mikey grinned.

The rest of the gang (besides April) gave him a death glare.

“Can it, Mikey.” Raph growled.

“April,” Leo began. “You’ve already done so much for us.”

“Legally, I’m your guardian. That means you have to do what I say.” She grinned evilly. “And I say, you have to let me pay.”

“If you decide to play the ‘mom card’, you have to follow through.” Mikey laughed. “That means you have to cook for us, and clean for us, and-“

Raph elbowed him in the ribs.

April sighed. “Fine. If it really means that much to you guys, then I’ll let you pay.”

“Thanks.” Don smiled.

The guys walked up to the counter at the front of the store and bought the uniforms.

Mikey caught a guy staring at them out of the corner of his eye. He turned and gave a questioning look to the teenager. He was slightly taller than himself and not quite as muscular or tan. He had mousy brown hair and blue-green eyes. The guy was wearing blue and green plaid shorts and a black tank-top.

The guy grinned back at Mikey and walked towards him. “Hiya.”

“Hi.” Mikey said in surprise. He still wasn’t used to people talking to him like it was no big deal.

“You getting a uniform?” He asked.

“Yeah. I’m getting ready for Greenwood High.”

“Hey cool man! I’m going there too!” He laughed. “Guess I shouldn’t be so surprised though, this is basically the only store that carries the right clothes for the uniform.”

“Well that’s stupid.” Mikey shrugged.

“Yeah, I guess it sort of is.” The teen thought for a second before coming back to reality. “Anyway, I’m Nathan.” He stuck his hand out.

“Mikey.” He smiled, shaking Nathan’s hand.

“Mikey, huh? Does that stand for somethin’?”

“Uh, yeah actually. Michelangelo.”

“Hey cool! Wasn’t that like, a famous dude in the renaissance?”

“Yeah.” “Huh. Smarter than he looks.” Mikey grinned to himself.

“Awesome.” Nathan nodded. “I’ve also got a nickname. Most people just call me Nate.”

“Who’s this Mikey?” Doni asked. He had gotten bored watching the sales clerk ring up all of the uniforms. She obviously hated her job was really slow because of it.

“Names Nate.” Nate laughed good-naturedly.

“You two friends?” He asked Mikey.

“Brothers.” He answered.

Nate looked at the two of them in confusion. “No offense or anything, but there’s not much of a resemblance.”

“Ah, well not blood related.” Doni interjected. “You see, we were adopted when we were very young, but our adoptive father died, so some family friends of ours have ‘adopted’ us until we graduate and won’t have to go to foster homes.”

“Crafty! You guys totally pulled on over on ‘the man’.” Nate gave them a thumbs up. “So is it just you two or are there others I should know about?” He joked.

“Well actually there’s also Leo, Raph, Karai, and Evelyn. And Joi, she isn’t legally our adopted sister, but she’s Raph’s girlfriend so it’s the same thing. And she lives with us, so yeah.” Mikey shrugged.

Nate’s eyes widened. “Dude. How many people live with you?!”

“Um…four…six…nine?” Mikey counted off on his finger. He looked at Doni for confirmation.

“Yep.” Don nodded. “But Angel is around so much, she might as well live with us.”

“Jeeze! That sounds like a party every night!” Nate smiled enthusiastically.

“Not really.” Doni shrugged.

Karai walked over and grabbed Mikey’s arm. “We have bought all the clothes!” She kissed his cheek.

Mikey blushed. “What was that for?”

“For going to Greenwood with me!” She held his hand. “And who is your friend?” She asked, referring to Nate.

“This is Nate. Nate, this is Karai.”

“…Dude, your sister kissed you?”

“She’s my girlfriend.” He blushed harder.

Doni did his best to muffle his uncontrollable laughter.

“Ohhhh. You should really clarify that stuff, ‘cause I almost got really grossed out.”

“She was my girlfriend, then-“

“I ran away from my father and have a restraining order against him.” Karai interjected. “My guardians are now April and Casey, the same guardians Mikey and his brothers have.”

“So, technically she is legally your sister, but not really?” Nate said, his face clearly contorted out of confusion.

“She isn’t blood related.” Doni reminded him.

“Oh yeah. So I guess none of that really matters.” He shrugged. “But dude! You’re girlfriend lives with you? That’s soooo wicked! Wait, so your other brother’s girlfriend also lives with you. Do all of your guys’ girlfriends live with you? Can you get your guardians to adopt me too?!” Nate’s eyes lit up.

“Hey sure!” Mikey joked back. “Welcome to the family.”

“To answer your question, yes. Except mine.” Doni replied.

“Why doesn’t your girlfriend live with you?” Nate asked.

“She lives with her grandmother.”

“Ok, seriously. What is taking you guys so long?” April sighed. She, along with the rest of the group walked over from where they were waiting by the counter to Mikey.

“Who is this?” Joi asked.

Mikey rolled his eyes. “How many times am I going to have to introduce you?” He sighed to Nate.

“I can fix that. Attention! All people who care! My name is Nate Miller!” He called out.
Mikey laughed.

“Great. Two Mikey’s.” Raph sighed.

“That’s Raph. Don’t worry, he only gets grumpier the more you get to know him.”

“Lovely.” Nate smirked.

“And the boring looking one is Leo.”

“So the guy with the red t-shirt?” Nate asked.

“Ok Mikey, say goodbye to your friend.” Leo frowned.

“Aw, Leo!”

“Call me boring, and pay the consequences.”

“Let him have his fun.” April laughed.

“That’s April, Evelyn, Joi, and Angel.” Mikey told Nate, pointing accordingly.

“Nice. Hey! I recognize you!” He told Angel. “You went to Greenwood last year!”

“I told you I really did have a boyfriend.” She smirked.

“I thought you just didn’t want to go out with me.” He laughed.

“Wait a second! Is this the guy that wouldn’t leave you alone and kept asking you out last year?!” Doni asked in shock.

“Oh, lighten up. He was only teasing.” She told him, her purple pigtails bobbing up and down.

“And it was only once!” Nate insisted. “No hard feelings?”
Doni sighed. “Fine.” He agreed hesitantly.

“Good! Well Mikey,” Nate turned. “You seem like a pretty chill dude. Though your brothers are a little square.” He grinned. “Just joking. Anyway, see yeah next week. Maybe we’ll even have some classes together.”

“Sure! See ya!” Mikey waved as he and the others made their way to the door.

“Now can we go? Before one of ya runs inta someone el-” Raph asked.

“Hey, look! There’s Aya.” Angel grinned, running off to greet her friend.
Raph groaned.

Joi elbowed him good naturedly. “Be nice.”

“Oh my gosh! Angel! Look, they have short skirts this year!” A girl with bleached blonde hair and brown eyes grinned. She was wearing fairly short shorts, and a low-cut, pink tank top.

Angel laughed. “You would like that, wouldn’t you.”

“Well duh!” She looked past her friend and at the group she had come from. Her eyes lit up. “Who’s the tall, dark haired cutie?” She pointed.

“Raph?!” She stared at her friend.

“THAT’S THE RAPH GUY YOU’RE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT?!” She exclaimed while trying to keep her voice low. “Why would you hide him away?! You wanted him for yourself, huh?” Aya teased.

“You’re so boy crazy.” She sighed exasperatedly. “No. I’m dating his brother, remember?”

“Ohh!!!! Is he here too?!” She looked at the group again.

“He’s the red head.”

“Hm. Cute, but obviously smart. His clothes just scream ‘straight A’s’. Definitely not my type, but I approve.”

Angel sighed. “Thank you. I’m glad I have your approval.” She said sarcastically. “Now I can kiss him without feeling guilty.”

“You little jerk.” Aya joked back. “Anyway, if you’re dating that one, can I have his brother?”

“Raph has a girlfriend.”

Aya shrugged. “I’m flexible. How about the blonde, curly-haired one?”

“First of all, Raph and Mikey are polar opposites personality wise. And second, he also has a girlfriend. They all do.”

She groaned. “Well I can’t start senior year without a boy toy!”

“Did you really just say that?”

“You know I’m joking! Hmmm. If I stole the dark haired one away from his girlfriend, what do you think she’d do?”

“She’s the blonde one over there.”

“Oh, well she doesn’t look that tough.”

“She knows ninjutsu, so I’m pretty sure she’d split kick, phoenix punch, and roundhouse kick your face.”

“Awww.” Aya pouted, completely dismayed.

“Who are you here with? You never go shopping alone.”

“Krysten of course! She’s trying on clothes in the back.”

“You two sure got close over the summer.”

“I know right?! I think I’ve made it to the top of the popular crowd this time.” She giggled evilly.

“Alright, well I have to go. Say ‘hi’ to Krysten for me.”

“But I didn’t get to meet your boyfriend!”

“We’re going to the eye doctor to get him contacts. If I don’t leave now, we’re going to be late.”

“Oh, then by all means get out of here! He won’t look half as nerdy without those specks on!” She insisted, shoo-ing her back towards the group.

Angel sighed. She loved Aya, but she sure was high maintenance. “Bye.” She waved and quickly walked over to her group.

“Come on, we have to get you contacts.” She told Doni, leading him out of the store.

“Ok then.” Doni smiled.

“Jeeze, we met a lot of people today.” Mikey smiled. “And I thought today was gonna be boring!”

“It WAS boring.” Raph scowled.

“You are going to have to learn to be more tolerant of people.” Joi smirked.

“I guess there will be more at school ta deal with, huh?” Raph sighed.

“Yep!” Angel smirked. “You gonna be ready for it in a week?”

“I don’t really have much of a choice.”

“Ready or not here we come!” Mikey smirked.

Raph stared at him as they walked out of the mall. “That was lame.”
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Tue May 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Shooping with the Turtles...I'd trade that for my percious drawing time any day!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun May 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Chapter 10: Goodbye Summer

Raph was drinking coffee in the workers lounge. He sighed, looking up at the clock in the small room. Fifteen minutes until quitting time.

He mostly kept to himself at work, occasionally talking to his co-workers or boss to ask questions or for a tool. Anyway, he liked work. It was easy, it calmed him down, and he was good at it. He was better at mechanics than any of his brothers...ok well maybe Doni was better at him with all machines except for motorcycles and cars.

“Yo Raph! Customer!” One of the other workers yelled. It was a kid about his age named David.

“Yeah, I got it.” He smirked. He quickly walked out of the room and into the garage. A blue suburban needed its oil changed.

He finished the job quickly, then went back to the lounge room. David was there.

He sipped some coffee and looked at Raph curiously.

Raph sighed and sat down on the couch.

“So, you ready for school tomorrow?” David asked suddenly.

“Huh?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Well I figured you are about the same age as me, so you probably have school tomorrow, right?”

“Uh, yeah. But I’d rather work instead.” He admitted.

“Tell me about it.” David rolled his eyes. “Greenwood sucks. I wish I went to Wisteria High. Where the parties are great, the sports teams the best, and the girls easy.” He grinned.

“The girls easy?” Raph asked, confused.

David laughed. “I was just kind of kidding about that part.” He held up his left hand and showed him a black band on his ring finger. “Purity ring.”

“Oh!” He nodded, finally understanding. He didn't know what that was, but he knew what the word "purity" meant. “Did ya say yer goin ta Greenwood? That’s where I’m goin too.”

“Hey cool. So is this your last day for the year or are you going to try to work on top of it?”

“Nah. I’ll pick it back up in the summer. It ain’t worth it on top of school.” He shrugged.

“Yeah that’s how I feel too.” David looked up at the clock. “Quitting time. Well, I’ll see ya tomorrow.” The tan, shaggy haired brunette waved.

“Yeah. See ya.”

“Yo Johnny! My main man! Give me my usual.” A voice yelled.

Mikey looked up from his comic book and over the counter. “Uh, Johnny got fired a while ago, I’m his replacement. Hey!” He smiled, recognizing the guy.

“So this is where ya work!” Nate grinned. “Awesome! Can ya get me a Monster and a new set of wheels for my board?”

“Sure. Ready for school?” He asked, getting his things for him.

“Yeah right.”

“Same. To be honest, I like working. I kinda wish I could just do this instead.”

“Are you going to keep the job during the school year?”

“No thanks! I need SOME time to read comics.”

“Mikey! We are closing in five minutes!” A female voice called from the back.

Karai walked out of the back and up to the counter. “Ah. Hello again, Nate-Kun.”

“Kun? What?” Nate asked Mikey.

“It’s a Japanese honorific. It’s a name for a boy of the same age as the speaker, and is used with acquaintances.” Mikey answered.

“Dude! I figured you were Japanese by the way you looked, but I didn’t know you were THAT Japanese! Can you speak it?” He asked Karai.

“Yes. I can speak it. It is my native tongue.”

“SO COOL!!! Are you like a ninja then?! Are you super smart?! Do you like anime?!” He asked rapidly.

Karai laughed. “Those are all stereotypes, my friend.” She gave Mikey a quick glance to ask just how much she should divulge.

He shrugged, then looked at Nate. “She knows ninjutsu.”

“Oh awesome! So you can do crazy flips, and fight and stuff!”

“I know it too.” Mikey added. “All of my brothers do.”

“B-but you’re not Japanese!” Nate said in confusion.

It was Mikey’s turn to laugh. “You don’t have to be Japanese to learn ninjutsu.”

“Yeah, I guess not…” He suddenly threw a punch towards Mikey.

Mike blocked it, then sweep kicked Nate. He landed on the ground with a thud.

“Woah. Dude, you’re good!” Nate laughed as he stood.

“Karai’s better.” He admitted.

“I most certainly am not! In any case, it does not matter. Evelyn is better than I am. She trains like a crazy person. I do not train so much anymore, now that I am dating you.” She grinned. It was true, Mikey had introduced her to other ways of relaxing so she didn’t train as much. Evelyn on the other hand, trained as much as ever.

“What do you expect? She’s dating Leo.” Mikey said simply.

“Yes. I suppose that is a given.”

“I so want to go to your house.” Nate sighed. “Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said, handing Mikey some change and taking his things.

Mikey waved as he left.

“Remember, after today Evelyn and I can’t come in until three thirty.” Leo told Edward, his boss.

“Yes, I remember.” He laughed. He was an elderly man. “You need to relax a little sometimes.”

Evelyn walked in from the back as Edward told Leo to relax. She laughed. “Ed, he and I have been trying for years. It isn’t in our nature.”

“You kids today.” He sighed. “You need to be just that. Kids.”

“When you’re the oldest of your siblings,” Leo began.

“There isn’t much time to be a child.” Evelyn finished.

“And your parents?”

“It’s complicated.” They answered at the same time.

“Hm.” Ed frowned. “Well, I need employees. But I don’t like you kids working while you’re in school.”

“We’ll only work until seven.” Leo compromised, smiling slightly.

“There we go. That’s a good plan.” Ed grinned.

“Alright then. We’ll see you tomorrow.” Evelyn waved as she and Leo left.

Leo grabbed her hand.

She gazed off into the distance, frowning.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing…ok, actually something.” She sighed. “I’m trying to be more open with my feelings.” She wrinkled her nose, obviously not liking the idea. “I’m scared.”

Leo stopped, still holding her hand, which forced her to stop also. “Of what?”

She laughed nervously. “It’s stupid really, but…I’m afraid of school. Of normal people.”

Leo hugged her. “I’ll be with you.” He informed her while pulling away.

“I know.” She looked away. “Still…the uniform shows my scars, Leo. They’re going to know I’m different, and without my magic, I feel so exposed.”

“Everyone is different in their own way. The trick is to embrace it.” He thought for a moment before taking his shirt off.

Evelyn laughed. “Leo! What are you doing?” A couple of people walking past them gave him odd looks.

He grabbed her hand and put it on the back of his shoulder. She frowned and looked. His skin was pink and scarred.

“This is where the piece of your shell was missing, isn’t it?” She whispered quietly.

He nodded. “We’re all different. Your differences are just harder to hide because they are physically manifested. Trust me, I know how that feels.” He smiled slightly, referring to the scar that symbolized his old form.

“Strangely, I feel better.” Evelyn said in surprise. “Is this what happens when you talk about things?”

“Usually.” He laughed as he shrugged his shirt back on. “Come on, let’s go home.” He reached into his back pocket and took out a card. It was a license. “I passed my driver’s test, so I can drive to pick up Mikey and Karai, and Raph.”

Evelyn stared in disbelief. “How did YOU pass?!”

“Oh, thanks.” He rolled his eyes. “I’m not that bad.”

“Leo, you took out a mailbox that one time.”

“Well…yes…” He admitted. “But I won’t this time!”

“Hang on Angel, I have a customer.” Doni sighed into his headset that was hooked up to a phone line in the room he and Mikey shared. He switched to his work-line.

“Doni’s Online Tech support, how may I help you today?” He said almost robotically.

“Uh huh.” He listened to the customer’s problem. “So the computer screen is black? Hm. This is going to sound stupid, but is it turned on? Uh huh. Did you plug it in? That might help.” He smiled, obviously amused. (A/N: Yes, I did steal that joke from the CGI movie) “No problem. Thank you for calling.” He hung up and sighed exasperatedly. Working could be so tedious sometimes. He switched back to his public line.

“Hey, sorry about that.” He told Angel.

“No problem!” She replied. He could tell she was smiling.

“Tomorrow’s a big day, huh?”

Angel could tell he was slightly nervous. “Yeah. It’s going to be fine though.”

“I know.” He sighed. “I’m just a little worried about meeting your friends.”

“Oh come on. They won’t bite! It’s not like they’re Foot Ninjas or anything.”

“No, that would be odd, considering the Foot is disbanded now.” He joked.

“Oh ha ha ha. You know what I meant.”

“Yes, I know. It’s still a bit frightening though.”

“If it makes you feel better, Aya told me she approves of you when we saw her while shopping for uniforms.” She giggled. “She also has quite the crush on Raph.”

“Really?” Don asked, not knowing whether to be stunned or laugh.

“Yeah. Hey, how is your hand?”

“It’s alright.” He flexed it absentmindedly. “The cast was removed two days ago, and it’s working fine.”

“Good!” She smiled. “And did Evelyn’s cut scar at all? I know that healed a while ago, but it’s hard to tell since she always wears long sleeved shirts.”

“Yes…but you know how scarred she already is. To be honest, you can’t really tell.”

Angel frowned. “Yeah. I know.”

He sighed, looking at the clock. It was already eight thirty. “The family should be home any minute now. Leo and Evelyn have the car, so it might be a while though. Leo might back into a tree.”

“He got his license? Well that’s good. And I thought Raph was the bad driver. He T-boned a parked car once, didn’t he?”

“Yes, but that’s Raph.” Don laughed. “He was going eighty miles an hour. And Mikey ran into a telephone pole because he wasn’t paying attention.”

“Huh. So Leo just isn’t a good driver?”

“Nah, Mikey told him he heard ninjas on the roof, so he made a serious U-turn and took out a mailbox in the process. Now he just has a bad reputation for it.”

“Of course.” Angel laughed.

“So, do you really think I’ll do ok tomorrow?”

“Doni.” Angel sighed. “You already know everything we are going to be learning.”

“You know that’s not what I meant. I was talking about doing ok socially.”

“You are one of the nicest, most honorable, and chivalrous guys I know, Don. You are going to be just fine.”

He took a deep breath. “Ok.” He bit his lip. There was something he had wanted to tell her for a long time now, but whenever she was with him in person, he froze. “Maybe it would be easier over the phone...”

“Ummm…Angel?” His voice shook slightly.

Her voice was so sweet and gentle.

“I-uh...nothing. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He mentally kicked himself for chickening out.

“Alright.” She laughed. Now she sounded a little nervous. “And Don? I love you.”

Doni let out a breath he hadn’t known he was holding. It looked like he wasn’t going to have to be the first to say it after all.

“I love you too. I have for a long time.”

Angel giggled. “Alright…well…I’ll see you tomorrow.” She was so happy she was almost singing.

“Ok! See you!” Doni said, equally ecstatic.
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun May 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Cute! That's really all I can say about this update! Cute cute cute story is cute! Especially with that last bit with Don and Angel!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks, it's kind of a filler but it didn't feel right to jump straight into the next chapter without a bit of a setup one first. Anyways, thank you!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Sun May 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Chapter 11: The Real World

“It’s big.” Mikey whimpered.

“What are ya talkin bout? We visited before when we had ta enroll, remember? Ya already knew it was this big.” Raph rolled his eyes.

“Alright, now do me a favor and TRY to be good.” April sighed. “I wouldn’t want to have to come down here to talk about ‘behavior’ on the first day.”

“Relax, April.” Casey grinned.

“All right.” Leo sighed. “Let’s do this.” He hopped out of the Battle Shell (they retrieved it from the abandoned warehouse it was being kept in so the teens wouldn’t have to borrow April’s van all of the time) and into the daylight.

At least seven people in the parking lot were staring at the strange vehicle, and many more cast it odd looks before heading inside the large school.

The gate that led into the large, three story brick building was open, and students were rushing inside by the truckload.

The others quickly followed Leo’s lead. They waved to Casey and April. The couple drove off shortly after. None of the teens had been able to dissuade April from driving them to school on their first day, even though they both needed to go to work.

Mikey audibly gulped and shifted his backpack on his shoulders. “So…um…should we go inside?”

“Now’s as good of a time as ever, I suppose.” Doni replied, chewing his lip.

Leo grabbed Evelyn’s hand. It was shaking slightly. He smiled at her, then at the rest of the group. “Come on. We’ll be fine.” He ran his hand through his hair with the one that wasn’t holding Evelyn’s.

She looked at him nervously. She had already figured out what that gesture meant. It meant he was just as nervous as the rest of them, despite his cool demeanor.

“Yes! Let us go inside! Joi is already there for her job, and said she had our schedules!” Karai exclaimed excitedly.

The group walked out of the parking lot and through the gates, which into the school courtyard. It was a large courtyard with about twenty circular stone tables for students to eat lunch at when it was nice out.

“Ohhhh Donnnni!” A voice yelled from behind them. Before he had a chance to respond, Angel was in front of him. She hugged him fiercely.

Two girls were standing behind her, one of which was smiling flirtatiously at Raph.

“How come your hair is in a ponytail today?” Angel asked curiously.

“I got a little tired of it falling in my face.” He smiled. He looked at her hair, which was in its customary pigtails. Her hair was purple, but the roots were showing her natural color, a dark brown.

“She’s so cute.” Doni thought to himself.

They stared at each other in silence for a while, kind of lost in each other’s eyes.

“Helloooo?” One of the girls asked. The other was still starring at Raph.

“Oh! Sorry Tiffany.” Angel laughed, blushing slightly. “Guys, these are my friends Tiffany and Aya.” She pointed to the strawberry blonde, then at the bleached blonde next to her. “Tiffany and Aya, this is Doni, Mikey, Leo, Raph, Karai, and Evelyn.” She paused, taking a deep breath. “Wow that was a mouthful.”

“Nice to meet you.” Aya grinned, still glancing at Raph from time to time out of the corner of her brown eyes. “Are you guys going to try out for sports? You all look really athletic.” The comment was mostly directed towards Raph.

Angel sighed. “And commence the flirting. Joi’s going to kill her.” She thought silently to herself.

Raph shrugged. He was still waking up, and really just wanted to see Joi. Plus she bought coffee for him, so that made seeing her all that more important. Raph had become slightly addicted to the stuff since turning human. Now he knew why Doni liked the stuff so much.

“Ask me when I’m more awake.” He yawned.

Leo rolled his eyes and smiled. He elbowed him. “Be nice.”

“I don’t know.” Doni admitted. “Mikey and Leo won’t for sure, but Raph might.”

“What makes you say that?” Leo asked out of confusion.

“You’re too busy with training and work, and Mikey…well Mikey is Mikey.” Doni laughed.

“Raph on the other hand, if there’s some type of competition he’ll try to win it for sure.” Leo nodded. “Yeah, you’re probably right.”

"What will I do?" Raph asked, still out of it.

The brothers laughed silently to themselves.

“So are we gonna go inside, or what?” Tiffany pursed her lips. She had a slightly Jersey accent.

“Ok ok! Jeeze, you’re impatient today!” Angel laughed. “Come on.” She and her friends began to walk towards the entrance of the school, and the others quickly followed.
The place was large, with white walls and tile floors. There was already a fairly large line to get to the front desk and receive your schedule. They walked toward the back of it and began to wait.

“I hope I don’t have Buchannan for math again.” Aya complained. “He hates me.”

“Could that be 'cause ya skipped most of his classes last year?” Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

“Oh whatever!” She rolled her eyes.

Angel and Doni were discussing what classes they were going to take, Mikey was listening to Karai’s enthusiastic chattering, and Raph was still half asleep. Evelyn was grabbing Leo’s hand like there was no tomorrow.

Tiffany looked at the group, and smiled slightly. “You guys are interestin.”

“What do you mean?” Karai asked, finally giving Mikey a moment of rest.

“Ya got the nerdy type, the hothead type, the skateboardin’ slacker type, and the way too serious type.” She said, pointing at Doni, Raph, Mikey, and then Leo. “And then ya got Angel, who’s nice but has a bit of a punky, sassy side, then there’s you two.” She eyed Evelyn and Karai. “She’s Japanese, so ya got a foreigner,” she said to Karai. “And then you.” She looked at Evelyn again.

Evelyn made sure to keep her face an unreadable mask.

“Ya seem like the serious type, but also a little distressed in a way. Ya don’ t look like ya have a very good history either. Where’d ya get all of those scars, if ya don’t mind me askin.”

Evelyn’s mask flickered for a moment, showing surprise and fear. It was so brief it could have easily been imagined. “Gomen nasai.” She bowed, then fled in the direction of the restroom.

“Evelyn, wait up! Matte yo!” Leo called, running after her.

Tiffany starred, totally surprised. “Do they know Japanese too?” She asked Karai.

“Leo’s pretty much fluent, and Evelyn is completely fluent like Karai.” Don explained. “I’m fluent as well.”

“He’s also fluent in Italian, Latin, Spanish,” Angel grinned while ticking the languages off on her fingers.

“Ok. I think they get it.” He blushed.

She watched the girl leave, obviously panicked. “I probably said somethin again, didn’t I?” Tiffany sighed. “Aw well. Nothin I can do about it now. What exactly did she say?”

“She said ‘excuse me’, and then Leo told her to wait for him.”

“Do you think I should go after her?” Karai asked Mikey.

“Maybe. Leo can probably handle it though.”

“Seriously though, where DID she get all of those scars? She doesn’t cut herself, right? That’d be creepy.” Aya wrinkled her nose.

Raph shook his head, semi-awake now. “She doesn’t do that. But ya shouldn’t ask us. Ya should wait for her ta tell ya herself.”

“Evelyn?” Leo called. He had ended up at the end of a hallway that housed both a boys and a girls bathroom. “Evelyn?” He called through the door to the girls’ bathroom.

“Acchi itte!” She called back.

“I’m not going away.” Leo sighed. “Iie. Goshinpai naku.”

“And why shouldn’t I worry?” She asked through the door, obviously frustrated.

“Evelyn, things will get better. People are going to ask things, but after a while they will judge you on who you are. Not your appearance.”

“Choshi ga warui desu.”

“Do you feel sick enough to need to see a doctor? Or is it just nerves?” He asked worriedly.

She didn’t say anything.

“Please come out. Anata wo aishite imasu.”

The door opened slowly and Evelyn walked out. “Anata wo aishite imasu.” She smiled slightly. “I love you too.”

He put his arm around her and sighed with relief. “Can we speak in English? Watashi no nihongo wa heta desu.”

“What are you talking about? Your Japanese is excellent!” Evelyn frowned.

“English is still easier. I need to practice.”

“You’re fine. But, Leo? I just felt…panicked. When people ask about my scars, what do I say? What CAN I say that won’t cause them to pity me? I don't like people to treat me like I'm different.”

“You’re worried about being pitied?” He asked in surprise.

“Why did you think I was worried?”

“Because you were, well, embarrassed.”

“Of my appearance? Leo! I’m not that conceited! I’m only embarrassed when people pity me.” She scowled at him.

“I know that. I should have realized that in the first place. I’m sorry.”

Evelyn kept her scowl for a moment and sighed. “I can’t stay mad at you.”

“You might have to explain why you ran off though. And why you started talking in Japanese.” He laughed.

“You know I do that when I’m really nervous!” She punched him lightly in the arm.

“Come on, we need to get back into line.”

The two of them started walking back to the group.

“Ah. There ya are. Sorry. Sometimes I ask questions without thinkin.” Tiffany apologized to Evelyn.

“Iie, gomenasai.” She mumbled, chewing her lip.

“Evie, you’re speaking in Japanese again.” Leo whispered gently in her ear.

Evelyn blushed. “Sorry. I do that…and since when have you called me ‘Evie’?”

“Karai called you it, remember?”

“Oh yeah. I forgot you heard that. Guess I’m stuck with that nickname again.” She sighed.

“So you’re Japanese?” Tiffany asked her.

“Well, no. My adoptive father was though.”

“We had the same adoptive father.” Karai put in.

“Oh ok. So how DID you get those scars?” Aya asked.

“Aya!” Angel cried.

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“Abusive father.” Evelyn answered. She stared Aya straight in the eyes.

Leo hugged her tighter.

“Oh.” Aya looked at the ground. “Sorry.”

Evelyn blushed. “Great. She’s pitying me.” She thought to herself. “It’s fine.” She shrugged. “It isn’t a big deal. As long as you don’t act like it, it doesn’t matter.”

“Yeah sure.” Aya waved a hand dismissively. “Whatever you say.”

“Good.” Evelyn sighed with relief.

Leo grinned broadly. “I’m proud of you.” He whispered in her ear.

Evelyn smiled in spite of herself. She even giggled.

Leo stared at her. “That doesn’t happen often.”

“You did a little girly giggle. You don’t do that a lot.”

“No…I guess not.”

“You should do it again.”

She rolled her eyes but kept smiling. “Sorry. I save that laugh for special occasions.”

Mikey groaned. “You guys are annoying.”

“Leave ‘em alone.” Tiffany smiled. “They’re kinda cute.”

“Oh trust me. They can’t hear ya at all.” Raph told them. “Angel and Doni can’t hear ya either.

“Why do you say-oh.” Aya laughed.

“Yeah, I’m surprised. Usually Doni’s real shy.” Raph laughed. “I didn’t think he’d be ok with public displays of affection.”

Aya smiled as Doni and her friend kissed.

“Leo! Stop it!” Evelyn giggled uncontrollably.

He continued to tickle her. “No! I like hearing you giggle!”

Karai and Mikey exchanged a look.

“Well this does not happen every day.” Karai grinned.

“What do you mean? This is like, totally normal couple behavior.” Aya informed them.

“Really?” Mikey asked in surprise. “Leo and Evelyn never do this in public. Ever. And Doni is super shy, so none of us expected him to be ok with kissing in public.”

“Leo! We’re in a public place.” Evelyn laughed.

“Oh yeah.” He laughed. He had completely forgotten.

He stopped tickling her and she kicked him playfully. “Really though. Not in public.” She told him. “Sorry guys.” She apologized to the group.

“Again, I’m uber confused.” Aya sighed.

“Why?” Angel asked suddenly. She and Doni had finally come back down to earth.

“Because! You guys keep apologizing, but this is how couples are SUPPOSED to act!”

“Not all couples are as in yer face as ya and yer boyfriends always are.” Tiffany frowned.

Raph laughed. “I like this chick. She calls ‘em as she sees ‘em.”

“Thanks dude.” She and Raph dog pounded. Tiffany was extremely pretty, but there was a certain hardness in her blue eyes. There was no doubt about it: she was gorgeous, but a complete tomboy.

They finally got to the counter. Joi was behind it, looking tired but not unhappy. “Hi guys.” She sighed. She had a black business jacket on and a black pencil skirt. Quite a few boys were sneaking glances at her.

“Hey babe.” Raph yawned.

“Sh!” She warned. “If everybody knows you’re dating a receptionist, they might start thinking I let you off the hook with things. Like, putting you in the best classes and such.”

“Did you?”

“Maaaaybe…” She grinned.

“That’s my girl. Ya got our schedules? And my coffee?”

She handed him a latte from behind her desk and a couple of papers. “There you go!”

“Thanks babe.” He leaned over the desk and gave her a kiss on her cheek. “See ya.”

“Alright. Don’t get into trouble!” She warned.

“I won’t.”

“I just need one fer me, Tiffany Rivera, and Aya Rachelle.” Tiffany told Joi.

“Alright. Here you go.” Joi smiled.

The others followed him over towards the back of the room and away from most of the crowds.

“Alright.” Raph sighed, handing out the sheets and quickly downing his coffee. “Ah. That’s better.” He sighed, finally waking up.

“Huh. I‘ve got Trigonometry, English, Lunch, and then Wood Shop, Web Design, and Biology.” Mikey said out loud. “Oh cool! That means I don’t have a class between math and English! Score!”

“We all have the same classes at the same time, except Wood Shop and Web Design. We have different electives in place of them.” Doni smiled. “And I filled my open block with a class on engineering. Joi did well.”

“’Course she did. She always does.” Raph rolled his eyes.

“Wait, how come we don’t have history?” Mikey asked curiously.

“You only take three history classes, so seniors don’t have it.” Don explained.

Suddenly the bell rang.

“Woah!” Mikey jumped.

“Relax knuckle-head, it’s just the bell.” Angel laughed.

“Ya guys haven’t gone ta school before have ya?” Tiffany smirked.

“Jeeze. Yer an observant chick, ain’t ya?” Raph said, obviously impressed.

“Well it’s kinda obvious. Yer scared of the bell and ya don’t know ya only need three history classes, AND ya didn’t realize a time when ya don’t have a class is called an open block. So, what? Ya did get some kinda education, right?”

“We’ve been home-schooled.” Leo answered. Well, it was basically true.

“Well then, Homeschool, welcome to the real world.”
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:14 pm

So I know posts haven't been frequent (to say the least) but after finals next week I'll have an unlimited amount of time to write! Big grin YAY!

Chapter 12: Too Good to Last

“Alright class. I’m Ms. Wheeler. Careful about where you’re sitting, because those will be your seats for the next year.” A thirty year old blonde with jeans and a blue T-shirt with Hawaiian looking white flowers on the front smiled.

There was a lot of shuffling as teens switched seats.

“So first off, let’s get to know each other a little.” She said after everyone settled down. “We’ll start with the person in the first seat of the first aisle and make our way across the room. Say your full name, your favorite activity or sport, and something else interesting about yourself.”

The class groaned.

“I know I know. You all hate doing this, but what else am I supposed to do with you today? You all know nothing actually happens on the first day.”

The class went along quickly, trying to get things over with quickly.

Karai was listening attentively, as was Doni and Angel. Raph had his head on his desk, Mikey was drawing something, and Leo and Evelyn were half paying attention. The other half of them was thinking about what the heck they had gotten themselves into.

“Ally Miller.” One of the students said.

Raph picked his head up off of the table quickly. He recognized that voice. The speaker was the blue haired girl he had met at the store.

“I like to read, and I just moved here a couple of months ago.” Ally finished. She caught Raph starring at her and smiled, giving him a little wink.

Mikey was sitting right next to her. “Uh, Mikey Hamato.”

“What’s your full name?” The teacher asked uninterestedly, but not unkindly.

“Michelangelo.” He answered.

Ms. Wheeler looked at her attendance chart. “On here you are listed under the surname ‘Jones’.”

“Um, yeah, well, ya see…” Mikey struggled.

“It’s a bit confusing.” Doni butted in, saving his younger brother. “Jones is our legal surname, but the four of us go by our original adoptive father’s name.”

“I see…well alright.” The teacher shrugged. “Whatever floats your boat I guess. Anyway, continue.”

“I skateboard and…” He thought for a moment. “Something interesting about myself, huh? Ok, I’ve been to Japan.”

Karai was sitting next to Mikey. “My name is Karai Jones, I also like to skateboard, and I am trained in ninjutsu.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, why do you use your legal surname when the others don’t?” Wheeler asked.

Karai wrinkled her nose. “Because my original father was scum.”

The teacher shrugged, sensing it was a sore subject. “I was just curious. Moving on.”

Evelyn sighed. She hadn’t been looking forward to her turn. “Evelyn Jones. My favorite thing is to practice martial arts, and I…hmm.” She thought for a moment. “I can run a five minute mile.”

“Leonardo Hamato. I also practice martial arts and like to read.”

Evelyn grinned at him.

He smiled in defeat. She had succeeded in turning him on to reading.

“Raphael Hamato.” Raph sighed. “I work out, and ride a motorcycle.” He wasn’t in the best
mood. Even though he had his coffee and was now awake, his back was throbbing a little. It had been for a week or so.

“Tiffany Rivera.” Tiffany continued. She was sitting next to Raph because she had taken quite a liking to him. Not in a crush type of a way, but as a friend. “I box and am in a death metal band.”

“Angel Turner. I write poetry and play the base.”

“Donatello Hamato. I build things, and...um.” He thought about what was interesting about him.

“He’s fluent in, wait how many languages?” Angel cut in.

Doni blushed. “Um, five…”

“That’s amazing!” Ms. Wheeler praised him, her eyes wide.

“Not really.”

“Yes it is.” Angel rolled her eyes. “You’re super smart. Own up to it.”

Doni blushed harder, obviously embarrassed.

The person behind him in the next aisle saved him by starting his list.

“Is she asleep?” Mikey asked in surprise.

Evelyn had her head on the table they were sitting at in the lunch room.

Leo pushed her hair away from her face. “Yes. She’s mentally exhausted.”

“I have a hard time understanding all of you,” Aya frowned. “But she’s the one I have the most trouble with.”

“I don’t know what yer talkin bout.” Tiffany sighed. “I think I understand all of ya pretty well.”

“Yeah, but you’re, like, you.” Aya said dismissively. “You think you can mentally read everyone’s ‘energy’ or whatever.”

“Energy? Like chi?” Leo asked curiously.

“I’ve often thought ‘bout it that way, yeah.” Tiffany nodded. “Everyone gives off energy. Ya just have ta realize it enough ta read it.”

He nodded. “That’s why I can feel people sneaking up behind me without looking.”

“I still don’t get how you do that whole thing.” Mikey sighed.

“I understand it.” Karai nodded enthusiastically. So far, she loved school and was in a very good mood because of it.

“I find the whole ‘taking a day to learn about your classmate’s’ thing kind of tedious.” Doni frowned while thinking out loud.

“Everyone does.” Angel smiled. “That’s why the first day of school is boring, but also easy.”

“Oh, so guess what? Cheerleading tryouts are tomorrow!” Aya exclaimed.

“Cheerleading tryouts?” Angel said skeptically. “Let me guess, you’re trying out again?”

“Of course! I still don’t understand why they didn’t let me on the squad last year.”

“Maybe it’s because ya have the athletic ability of a slug?” Tiffany joked.

“OMG Tiffany, you are uber mean sometimes!” Aya pouted. She turned her head away from Tiffany and scowled.

“Is she really gonna pout about that?” Raph asked skeptically.

“None of you guys understand.” Aya huffed.

“Give her two minutes.” Angel laughed. "She'll forget all about it by then."

“Ow!” Mikey yelped. He was holding his wrist tightly.

“Mikey? You ok?” Leo asked.

“Yeah I’m fine. That was weird.” He shrugged. “My wrist just kinda tweaked out.”

“Let me see it.” Doni frowned. He grabbed Mikey’s arm, ignoring his protests. “Mikey…what…” He asked in shock.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“Nothing!” Doni said a little too loudly. “Come on Mikey!” He practically pushed his brother out of his seat and out of the lunch room, into the hall.

“I’m up!” Evelyn yelled suddenly. She looked around wildly and saw Mikey and Doni running out of the lunchroom. “Huh?”

“…what was that about?” Aya gave Raph and Leo a weird look.

“I don’t know.” Leo said nervously. He was out into the hall before anyone realized he had stood up.

“How did he…where did he…?!” Aya and Tiffany exclaimed while looking around wildly. They barely caught sight of the lunchroom doors closing.

“He does that a lot.” Raph sighed.

The girls nodded to show they had heard Raph, then realized Evelyn and Karai were also gone.

“Are you guys ninjas or what?!” Aya asked sarcastically.

“Ninjas? Hehe, what would make you say that?” Raph asked semi-suspiciously. “Gotta go.” He also left.

Tiffany and Aya watched him also leave before turning to Angel.

“Your friends are weird. Hot, but weird.” Aya wrinkled her nose.

“You don’t know that half of it.” Angel laughed to herself.

“Mikey, what did you do to your wrist?!” Doni asked while trying extremely hard to keep his voice calm and low. He wasn’t succeeding.

“What are you talking about?” Mikey rolled his eyes. He gave Doni an annoyed look and yanked his arm away from him. He examined his wrist carefully. “Holy shell! Doni, what? What the…what’s going on?! Help me out here brainiac!!!”

The door opened again and the two brothers froze. An olive skinned teen with light black hair, who was wearing a worried expression walked into the hallway.

They both sighed in relief.

“Oh good. It’s just you.” Doni frowned.

“What’s going on?” Leo asked, masking the worry in his voice with forced calm.

“Well…I don’t exactly-”

“What is going on?!” Karai asked as she and Evelyn burst into the hallway. She was in complete panic mode.

“Karai, calm down.” Evelyn told her softly.

“Calm down? Do not tell me to calm down! I am completely calm! Why would you tell me to calm down?!”

Evelyn slapped her across the face. “Everything is going to be ok, Kiki. Now clam down, alright?”

Karai shook her head slightly. “Alright.”

“Doni, what is going on?” Leo asked. He was trying to keep calm and was repeatedly running his hands through his hair.

“I’ll tell you what’s going on!” Mikey yelled. He hadn’t said a word for three minutes. Not a good sign. “My-”

“What’s going on?” Raph demanded as he walked out of the lunchroom and into the chaos.

“I’m trying to tell you!” Mikey bit his tongue. Karai, Leo, and Doni could tell he was trying not to panic. He pushed the sleeve on his right arm up and showed them his wrist.

They stared for several minutes in silence.

“Doni, what is this?” Leo finally asked.

“Without testing? I’d say its lead.”

“Lead poisoning?” Mikey asked nervously.

“No, Mikey.” Doni stared at the hard, grey band that connected seamlessly with the skin around it. “It looks like a large number of the skin cells in your wrist have literally turned into lead.”

“But how is that even possible?!” He almost shouted.

“I don’t know. But odds are it has something to do with the mutation.”

“Doni, does the word ‘radon’ mean anything to you?” Evelyn asked suddenly.

“It’s an element that has a half-life of about eight days and eventually… turns to lead.” The genius’s eyes lit up but quickly darkened again. “There’s no way it could have been in the mutation serum. Radon is only ever in the form of a gas.”

“I think…I think Bishop might have found or created a liquid form. But honestly Doni, I can’t remember very well.”

“I need to go home and run tests. I didn’t come across anything radioactive when I checked to make sure the mutation was stable, but if Bishop created a new type of radon, that wouldn’t really matter since I wouldn’t be able to recognize it. Based on what we know though, I’d advise everyone to keep from getting sick or harming themselves in anyway. Stress, especially when physically manifested, will probably speed up the lead process. I bet our cells are fighting it as we speak and if our bodies are weakened it would be harder for them to do so.”

“Isn’t radiation bad for the people around us?” Leo inquired.

“Usually radon emits alpha radiation, so it can’t penetrate the skin. The only way it can affect humans is if it is inhaled, or in this case injected. Of course, this is a new type of radon so I can’t say for sure. I believe if it did give off large amounts of radiation, we would know already.”

“The health of the people around us would have already begun to deteriorate rapidly.”

“Ok. Let’s finish the day as normal as possible, and we’ll deal with all of this as soon as school is out.” Leo said calmly. “Just don’t get hurt, ok?”

The three other brothers nodded. Evelyn and Karai looked at each other nervously and silently prayed that for once they would actually have good luck.

Mikey stared at the bell intently. Three minutes. Two minutes. One minute.

The bell rang loudly and Mikey quickly hopped out of his seat, grabbed his backpack, and was out the door. He waited for his brothers and the others to catch up.

“Everyone ok?” Leo asked once they were all together and heading towards the reception area.

“Not even a paper cut.” Mikey grinned.

“Good. Let’s grab Joi and get out of here before our luck runs out.”

“I’ll call you as soon as I find out anything.” Doni promised Angel. He had relayed the entire ordeal to her during Biology.

“No need to. I’m going home with you guys to see for myself, obviously.”

“Ok.” He unwillingly complied. He didn’t’ want Angel there so if it was bad news he could sugar-coat it, but at the same time it would make him feel a lot better to have her around.

Raph had gone off in front of them to tell Joi to meet them outside in five minutes. He quickly came back and they headed out the door.

They were silently waiting, when a shorter, tan skinned bleach blonde guy approached them.

“What do you want, Josh?” Angel asked with obvious disgust. She knew he was a troublemaker.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Angel.” He smirked. “I don’t want anythin from a social outcast like yourself. What I WANT is to ask this guy how he scored a hot **tch like the receptionist.” His last sentence was directed towards Raph.

“Say the word, and I’ll knock him out.” Doni whispered in Angel’s ear.

“Josh is trouble. Just leave him be.” Angel whispered back.

Both Doni and Raph were fuming, but Doni knew better then to stoop to this kid’s level. Raph however knew perfectly well this would end badly if he said anything, but didn’t care. His rage outweighed his reason at the moment.

“What did ya just say?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Raph…” Leo warned.

“I said your girlfriend is a hot **tch.”

“Don’t ever call her a **tch, ya hear me?” Raph looked murderous now.

“I’ll call her that if I want to. What are you gonna do about it?”

Raph tightened his hand into a fist and hurled it at the kid.

Josh grinned and took one of his hands out of his pockets and shoved a can of pepper spray into Raph’s face and sprayed it.

Raph’s punch missed his mark, and he backed away growling. His eyes stung like shell and he couldn’t see a thing. He lunged blindly.

By now, a crowd had formed around the two boys. There was a quiet chanting of “Fight, fight, fight!” all around.

The others were hesitant to join the fight, worried about how Raph would react now that people were watching. If they were to butt in, it might offend his pride.

“You’re finished, you **stard.” The kid laughed. “I was only wonderin about your girl, but I’ll take a good fight any day. You should have known better then to tangle with Josh Davidson. Now you’re gonna pay for being an idiot.” Josh quickly shrugged his backpack off and grabbed a crowbar out of it in one fluid motion.

Raph growled again in a rage, but still couldn’t see. His entire body was burning with hatred for this kid. He had insulted him and his girlfriend, as well as made a move that was totally unfair and dirty.

“Who the shell carries pepper-spray around in their pocket anyway?! Unless they’re a chick, but that’s different.” Raph thought angrily to himself.

The kid held the crowbar like a bat and swung it towards Raph’s legs.

A body came between them and took the blow.

Josh looked at the teenager in shock.

The loud crack ensured that one of the man’s legs was broken, yet his facial expression hadn’t changed from a look of controlled, but plentiful loathing towards Josh. The only thing that betrayed the fact that the teen’s shin was chipped and fractured was the fact that he was balancing on his left foot.

The man quickly elbowed him in the chest and then swung his forearm up to deliver a back-handed punch to the face.

Josh crumpled to the ground, completely unconscious.

The crowd stared in surprise for a moment before cheering and whooping.

“Raph, can you see yet?” The figure asked without turning around. He was still staring at Josh’s unconscious, and now slightly bleeding form. His nose was most likely broken.

“Kinda. Stuff is still blurry. Ya know I coulda taken him, even without bein able ta see.” He sneered.

The crowd began to disperse quickly. If they stayed clumped together for too long, the teachers would come investigate.

Leo kept his back towards his brother. “You seemed to be having some trouble so I thought I’d help even the odds. Besides, you can’t get hurt, remember?”

“Ya can’t either, ya idiot!” Raph growled.

The crowd was almost completely gone now.

Leo shrugged. “I’m not the one who recently recovered from a stab wound.”

Raph searched for a retort, but couldn’t find one. He knew Leo had a point but he really didn’t want to admit it.

“If you can see, can you give me a hand? I can’t walk.” He asked calmly.

“Ya got yerself inta this, ya can get yerself out.”

“Oh for Pete’s sake, Raph!” Evelyn threw him a chiding look.

“I can stand here all day Raph, but not being able to see who I’m talking to is annoying.” Leo frowned. He was still standing on only his left leg, and he couldn’t really turn around without using his right leg.

Evelyn walked over and let him lean on her for support.

Doni examined Raph’s eyes for a moment. He would be fine in a second he concluded, so he walked over to Leo and began to examine the break.

The crowd was completely gone now except for three people.

Tiffany and Aya came running up to the group.

“Dude, that was so freakin’ unfair. That pansy used pepper-spray for cryin’ out loud!” Tiffany sneered.

“That was soooo amazing! I haven’t seen a good fight in forever!” Aya gushed.

“Where’d ya guys learn ta fight like that?” She asked curiously.

“Our adoptive father. He was also our Sensei.” Leo answered.

“I told you they knew martial arts.” Angel rolled her eyes.

“I know, but actually seeing it is a different thing!” Aya grinned.

Nathan walked over to them. “Dude, I saw Mikey do some martial arts stuff yesterday, but the stuff you two did was pretty cool.” He smirked.

Leo and Raph looked at them in confusion.

“I didn’t actually do anythin. I couldn’t see.” Raph reminded them.

“But you dogged for a long time, even though ya were blind!” Tiffany protested.

“All I did was elbow him and then punch him.” Leo frowned.

“It was still pretty cool!” Nathan objected.

Joi walked out of the building, then ran when she saw the group and sensed something was wrong. “What did you guys do?!” She demanded. She looked at the unconscious blonde a few feet away and threw Raph a deadly look. He might have avoided getting a busted leg at the hands of Josh, but if Joi found out he had been in a fight he would have a lot more broken bones than just his leg.

Leo caught the look. “I just got into a little fight, that’s all. No big deal.” He told her.

He glanced at Raph, who quickly looked away in embarrassment. First his brother bailed him out of a fight, now he was covering for him. Something like this hadn’t happened in quite a while, and Raph had forgotten how ticked off it made him feel.

“You? Are you sure it wasn’t Raph?” If looks could kill, Raph would have died right then and there.

“It was me. Raph just helped me out a little.” Leo assured her.

“Well…ok. I’m surprised at you though.” She frowned. “You don’t usually get into fights like that.”

“Our ride’s here.” Mikey informed them as the Battle-Shell pulled into the parking lot.

“Later.” Raph said dismissively as he and the rest of the group made their way to the parking lot.

The three teens stood for a moment and watched them leave.

“They sure are an interesting group.” Tiffany smirked.

“You can say that again.” Nate agreed.

“I STILL don’t understand them.” Aya huffed. She then looked at Tiffany curiously. “Aren’t you upset that he beat up your step-brother?”

“Nah. Josh is a little *hit. He had it comin.” Tiffany shrugged. “He just better hope he can hide his bloody nose from dad and Angie, or they’ll send him ta military school fer gettin in another fight.”

“WHAT?! I SAID NOT TO GET IN TROUBLE ON THE FIRST DAY, AND YOU OF ALL PEOPLE GET INTO A FIGHT?!” April shouted on the way back to their house.

“I’m sorry, April. It won’t happen again.” Leo said tiredly. The pain was beginning to wear him down.

“It better not! We need to take you to a doctor.” April sighed.

“No, that’s ok. Doni can set it and wrap it, right Don?”

“Of course.” The redhead shrugged. “Piece of pi.” He grinned at his own joke. “You know, 3.1415?”

“Ugh. Science humor.” Mikey groaned.

“That’s math, Mikey.”

“Same difference.”

Doni rolled his eyes.

“You’re such a geek.” Angel joked, except she couldn’t erase all of the worry from her face. The whole radon-into-lead-thing had her incredibly nervous. “So are you going to tell April and Casey about the radon thing?”

“I guess we should…” Doni sighed.

“Raydo what?” Casey frowned.

“Yeah, what are you guys talking about?” Joi asked.

Doni quickly explained what was going on.

“Let me get this straight, you think you’re turning into lead?” April asked nervously. A thought suddenly occurred to her. “And not only that, but Leo willingly got into a fight while knowing if he got hurt it would speed up the mutation?” She raised an eyebrow and turned in her seat to look at him.

Leo blushed. He had a hard time lying when people were actually making eye contact with him. “Um, yes? Um, he insulted my honor…” He offered.

April thought about that for a moment. It did seem like something Leo would get mad over, but he would have said some wise proverb to shut the kid up and then move on. The only thing she could think of that would cause him to fight under such dire circumstances was if one of his brothers were in trouble. April looked at Raph’s irritated, red eyes and then back at Leo’s guilty face and realized what must have happened.

“You’re an idiot sometimes.” April told him, pretending to play along. When the others weren’t looking he threw him a wink.

He smiled bashfully back at her, knowing he’d been caught.

Raph grunted. His back was hurting again. It had been a lot lately. A thought suddenly occurred to him. He shrugged his shirt off quickly. “Doni, tell me whatcha see.” He stood up and turned so Doni could see his back.

Doni examined him for a moment. “I was right. Injuries must speed up the mutation. Raph, you already have large strips of lead across your back. You’re just lucky it isn’t on your shoulder blades or movement would be hard.”

“Well that’s one mystery solved.” He sighed. “I was wonderin why my back was sore.”

“So what do we do?” Joi asked nervously.

“I’ll run some tests once we get home.” Doni informed Joi.

Everyone was silent, lost in their own thoughts.

Doni looked down at the floor of the Battle-Shell. “This peace. It was too good to last.” He thought to himself.
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Raphael! I guess I mostly like Raph cuz I can relate to him really well. Tough decision tho...

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Holy bejebus! Please, I have to know what happens or I might die...*Fake choke*
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:20 pm

So guess what? My computer has a virus on it. YAY!!! (sarcasm). That means I'm using my parents' computer, which also means I don't have my copy of this fic on Word, and won't be able to go on the forum as much. Again, YAY Rolleyes My dad is going to get it fixed, so hopefully it won't take long. However, if it's something that will take a while, I won't be able to post for a bit despite my unlimited amount time. Dead I'm beginning to think the universe is apposed to letting me finish this thing. Anyway, just thought I should let you guys know.
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Nuuuu! I refuse to believe my Teenage Mutant Ninja Humans are turning into lead statues! Or maybe it turns grey first then, green! Hurry! Fanfiction FTW!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:10 pm

NOOOOOOOO! Dang it! Not even reliving my fight with some kid named Cody Butt will make this better!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Hey guys! So I'm still away and won't be able to get on the computer for a couple more days, but I'm at a place where I have a Wi/Fi connection so I thought it was about flipping time I updated this! (I mean, COME ON! It's been like a month!) There's a lot going on in this story right now, so this chapter is long and I wanted it to be much longer, but I had to cut myself off. This is a chapter about emotions (again >_>), but after one or two more chapters, the action should really kick up to a maximum!

Chapter 13: Problems Confirmed, Issues Addressed Part 1

“It’s lead.” Doni announced. “I’ve taken some samples from Mikey’s wrist and Raph’s back, and their cells do contain traces of what appears to be a new, liquid form of radon.”

“So what can we do to stop it?” Leo asked.

Everyone was gathered around a table in Doni’s room. They had been waiting patiently for him to finish his analysis for a while now.

“I’ll have to figure out a way to reverse its effects, or stop them at the very least. It’s going to take a while though. No one except for Bishop knows the element exists. That means I’ll have to conduct all of the experiments myself and collect all of the data and information, since there won’t be any previous studies on it…Leo, why are you standing?!” He asked suddenly.

Leo was standing without crutches. Doni had already put a white cast on Leo’s right leg, and for some reason Leo always looked at a cast like it was permission to move whatever it was that was cut or broken.

“Relax, Doni. I’m not putting that much weight on it.”

“You shouldn’t be putting ANY weight on it!”

“It won’t kill me, Don. It’s ok.”

“Yes it could! Every moment you stand on that leg, you're speeding up the lead mutation! Go sit down! You are not allowed to get up until I have crutches for you, you hear me?” Doni growled.

“Ok, ok. I get it.” He sighed. Doni was the most pacifistic of the four brothers, but he could be as stubborn as Raph when it came to injuries. Leo quickly exited and went to his room.

“Nice job, brainiac.” Raph grinned.

“Yeah, that was pretty impressive, Don.” Evelyn agreed.

“Thank you. Now anyway, that’s all the information I can give you right now. I’ll let you guys know if I find anything out.”

The others nodded and left (all except Angel, who stayed for moral support), wondering what they could do to help. No one could think of anything, since Doni required peace and quiet to conduct experiments. Raph, Mikey, Joi, Karai, Evelyn, and Angel all met back up in the living room.

“Are we supposed to just go back to acting like we’re all ‘normal’?” Evelyn asked suddenly.

“What do you mean?” Mikey sighed tiredly.

“I mean, are we going to pretend that we’re normal again, or am I the only one that felt this was a wake-up call?”

The others were silent for a moment.

“You know, she has a point.” Raph frowned.

“Of course I have a point! We’ve been acting like we were normal for months now, and we all know that’s a lie. Going to school, having normal jobs, going as far as getting a driver’s license! For goodness sake you guys! What the shell were we thinking?!”

“Calm down.” A voice from the hallway made them all turn.

“But-” She protested.

“I said you need to calm down.” Leo said sternly. He didn’t look mad, if anything he looked sad. “I understand how you’re feeling. We thought that this mutation might be forever, so we took some precautions that seem a bit unnecessary now. And who knows? If Don finds a cure, maybe it will be permanent still. But for now, we need to focus on surviving this new mutation.”

“Leo, even if you guys stay like this forever…there’s no way we can just become ‘normal’. I’ve been restless to patrol the streets for months.” She looked away. “And I know you have been too. You pretended to be going out at night with me to make me feel better, but I know it calmed you down too. We’ve been pretending to be something we’re not…at least I have.” She took a deep breath. “Wow. Getting things off your chest is great! I need to listen to you more often, Leo.”

He smiled slightly. “Yes, you should. But what makes you think we can’t do normal things?”

“Yeah, Evelyn! I used to go to skate parks all the time even when I was a mutant! That’s a ‘normal’ thing.” Mikey protested.

“No, she is right to an extent.” Karai frowned. She looked like she was at the brink of tears. “I thought I could go to school and try to be like other people my age, but it is too hard. We are too different.”

“After being a ninja for seventeen years, how can we be expected to do anything else?! I’m good at hurting people, killing people even. You can’t expect me to get a job where I work from a desk. And to do something else, like be a doctor or a teacher after hurting people all of my life is simply laughable!” Evelyn retorted.

“Um, hello? I’m a secretary.” Joi interjected. “Granted I had a semi-normal upbringing, but despite that difference there are things besides ninjutsu that can define you too.”

Evelyn sighed. “Look. We’ll keep going to school and at least pretend to be semi-normal there, ok? But I’m done pretending when we’re at home.” She looked at Leo as if just now really realizing he was there. “Leo…” She looked down at his cast. “SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW BEFORE I KICK YOUR LEG!!!! YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE STANDING!!!!”

“You’re beautiful when you’re angry.” He tipped her face up towards his. He knew how to get her to stop yelling.

“L-Leo this isn’t…isn’t the time…Gosh darn it I’m trying to stay mad at you!”

“Um, hello? Do we not exist anymore?” Mikey called over at them.

“Not really.” Karai sighed. “Do you want to train with me?”

“Only if we can play video games afterwards.”

The two left to go spar in the backyard.

“I said sit do-” Evelyn was never able to finish her sentence due to a pair of lips pressing against hers.

Raph rolled his eyes.

She pushed Leo away. “Sit down on the couch. Only idiots walk on broken legs.”

“Technically, it’s fractured. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to stand at all.”

It was Evelyn’s turn to roll her eyes. She grabbed his hand and led him to the couch and then sat down next to him.

“Woaaah!” She yelped when Leo picked her up and put her on his lap. “You’re being awfully…romantic.” She said in surprise.

“Yeah, Leo. Ya never do this.” Raph asked, also confused despite himself. He was still mad at Leo for earlier and was trying to have as little to do with him as possible.

“At least, you don’t do this around us.” Joi corrected.

He just shrugged.

“Well I’m leavin’.” Raph announced. He and Joi left to go for a ride on his motorcycle.

“Seriously, what’s gotten into you?” Evelyn asked now that they were alone.

He was playing with his hair. “Nothing.”

“Don’t lie to me…Does this have anything to do with the lead-thing?”

He didn’t say anything.

“You’re afraid aren’t you?” She whispered. “You’re afraid Doni won’t find a cure.”

“Of course not. Don will find a cure. There’s nothing to worry about.” He ran a hand through his hair.

Evelyn’s eyes narrowed. “Leo, you’re messing with your hair again. You don’t have to pretend for me. I’m scared too. I’m extremely scared.”

He hugged her waist, causing her to lean in towards him more.

He sighed, eyes distant. “You’re right. I’m worried he won’t find a cure, and so if this is…terminal, then I want to spend as much time with you and the others as possible!”

Evelyn turned away from him. “No! I refuse to believe this! Leo, I know there’s a chance Doni won’t find a cure and you’ll run out of time, but…but I refuse to give up!” She grit her teeth. “Leo, I love you too much to accept that you might die! I will never be able to accept the fact that you and your brothers might die. I care about all of you!”

He hugged her back. “Ah. Now you know how I felt after I thought you’d died.” He laughed sadly.

She clutched his shirt tightly in both fists, still in his embrace. “I’m sorry! Oh, God, I’m so sorry!” She cried. “I wouldn’t wish this feeling on anyone.” It was silent for a moment. Suddenly, Evelyn started laughing. She couldn’t help it; the complete insanity of everything going on right now was getting to her.

“…Are you ok?” He asked cautiously. “You’re acting a little…crazy.”

“I’ve acted much crazier.”

“That’s probably true.” He admitted.

“It’s just that, well…everything just seems to get better and better, doesn’t it? I mean, what’s going to go wrong next, right?” She paused for a moment before continuing. “Leo, no matter what, you and I can’t lose it. We need to be calm and collected, don’t we?” She asked even though she already knew the answer.

Leo nodded. “That’s the job of the eldest.”

Evelyn nodded, thinking deeply. They were being honest and open with each other, so maybe now was the best time to address the issue. “Leo, can I tell you something without you getting offended?” She asked nervously.

“Of course.”

“Well…I guess…I mean what I’m trying to tell you is…” She took a deep breath. “Ok, remember what I said earlier? That wasn’t everything I wanted to say.”

His eyes widened. “You can tell me the rest now, if you’d like.”

“I…well, I believe there’s been one other negative effect due to the mutation. Besides us pretending to be normal, I mean.” She paused, picking the next words carefully. “Everyone has become so absorbed in exploring this new world and meeting new people that…well…” She looked at the floor nervously as she tried to find the right words.

“Our family hasn’t been as close? I know.” Leo finished for her.

“You do?” She asked in surprise, now making eye-contact again.

“And it needs to change. I was giving everyone space because I felt it was necessary, but now…well let’s just say it might be a good idea to speed our family’s reconciliation up a bit.”

“The thing is, it feels like the disconnect is deeper than that.” She frowned.

“Sensei’s death has also had a big impact on our family.” Leo informed her. “Everyone has kept more to themselves because of it. The mutation actually helped us connect a little bit for a while, but eventually everyone became so wrapped up in exploring that it made things worse.”

Evelyn hugged her knees. “I haven’t had the chance to grieve for him yet. Sensei I mean.”

She looked like she was on the verge of tears.

He hugged her again. “If you need to cry-“

“-then I should. It’s ok to let my emotions out.” She finished for him, smiling despite the tears now streaking her face. They sat like that for several minutes. Evelyn continued to cry into Leo’s chest, and Leo continued to sooth her.

“I’ve been meaning to do this for a long time now, but,” she sighed. “With everything going on, I haven’t been alone very often. And when I am alone…” She stopped, not sure if she wanted to share this.

“You can tell me.” He said gently.

Evelyn smiled to herself. He always knew what she was thinking. “I didn’t have the courage. I didn’t want to admit that he’s gone.” She took a deep, shuddering breath as the tears began to cease.

“Don’t tell the others, but I haven’t let him go yet.” Leo admitted. His tone was both sad and embarrassed. “Don’t get me wrong, I’ve grieved, it’s just that I haven’t finished grieving yet and right now it feels like I never will.”

She stared at him in shock. “But you’re so calm all of the time! Actually,” she smirked. “I guess that shouldn’t surprise me, should it? You hide your feelings all the time.” She giggled slightly. “Hypocrite.”

“You have a point, but it’s different. I don’t bottle things up, I simply deal with them by myself.”

“No, Leo. It isn’t different. Pretending to be fine for everyone around you but secretly trying to figure out the emotional turmoil within you is EXACTLY what I do and EXACTLY what you just described to me…But anyway, you’re changing the subject.”

“Sorry. That wasn’t my intention.” He responded, still half lost in thought. He was slowly realizing she was right.

Evelyn’s voice brought him back down to earth. “Sorry! Anyway, I guess I’m sort of doing what you just described. I’m being strong for the others, but I myself am kind of struggling.”

Evelyn raised an eyebrow.

“…Alright I’m really struggling. Evelyn, how am I supposed to let my father go? I understand he wouldn’t want me to not be able to move on…but every time I feel like I need advice I instantly think of him, or when I just want to talk about meditation with someone, or…well you get the idea.” He looked away from her. “And then these memories keep haunting me. Memories of when we were kids and he used to take care of us when we were sick and comfort us when we were troubled or had nightmares.”

“Leo…I think this is the most personal thing you’ve ever told me.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I shouldn't have t burdened you with this.”

“-Don’t be an idiot. Well, you did walk on a broken leg so I guess it’s too late.” She joked. “Teasing aside, I told you about how I felt about pretending to be normal, and I've vented to you about plenty of other things...maybe not everything I should have, but I'm trying to change that.”

“Yes, but you’re supposed to tell me things. That’s what I’m here for. I can figure my stuff out myself.“

“I know you think you have to protect me the way you need to protect your bothers, but there’s one major difference you keep forgetting! You aren’t my older brother, or my leader…well at least not in the same respect as your brothers. I mean, usually the man IS the leader of a relationship and…and I’m rambling again.” She sighed. “What I’m trying to get at is this: we are in a partnership. I tell you the stuff I’m struggling with, and you tell me the things you’re struggling with. This isn’t a one way deal. I’m not the only one who has to divulge her innermost thoughts, you know.”

Leo was shocked. He hadn’t been expecting her to say something like that. “You’re right.” He admitted.

“You know I am. Now that that’s established, let’s get back on topic here.”

Leo shrugged. “I don’t know what else to say. I just can’t let him go no matter how hard I try.”

“Who said anything about needing to let him go?”

“…excuse me?” He asked in surprise.

“Leo, you can’t just ‘let him go’. Have you ever heard the quote ‘some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never the same’?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Think of it this way, Sensei was such an important person to you and someone you loved so much that he became a part of you through influence. If you love someone, then that person leaves footprints on your heart. The only differences between literal footprints and these footprints are that the ones in your heart can’t be blown away by wind or washed away by the tide unless you want them to. They will be cemented in your heart if you let them. The only thing you NEED to do is accept Master Splinter is in a better place and figure out how to live without dwelling in the past. But Leo, never, never, ever let him go. Always keep his footprints in your heart.”

“Are…are you speechless?!” Evelyn laughed in surprise. “Wow. This is a first.”

“Oh ha ha ha.” He sighed. “Well at least…at least that sounds easier than what I was trying to do.”

“Trust me, Leo. I lived in an orphanage for almost seven years. I know how to deal with death.”

“So are you saying if I die you wouldn’t have a problem?” He teased.

Evelyn looked at him in horror. “That’s not what I mean! I just know the process! That doesn’t make it any less difficult!”

“I know. I’m just teasing.”

“Besides…you’re different. Your footprints aren’t on my heart. They ARE my heart. Well, a large part of it at least.”

“Funny looking heart.” He grinned.

She pushed him playfully.

“Do you know where you’re going?!” Joi screamed over the roar of the wind caused by the
incredible speed of Raph’s motorcycle.

“Of course I know where I’m going!” He replied.

She sighed. All she could see was his back as she held on to his torso. As she watched blurry buildings seem to speed past them, she held on tighter as she realized letting go of him would mean certain death…well maybe only a couple of broken bones and some serious rode-rash, but still.

Raph slowed to a stop next to Central Park.

“I thought we were going Purple Dragon hunting.” Joi raised an eyebrow. She took off her helmet.

Raph laughed at the site of her hair. The top was frizzy and pointing in different directions, while the hair that was exposed to the elements had been blown behind her back. In short, it almost looked like a very bad mullet.

Joi narrowed her eyes as she smoothed her hair down. “Oh, ha ha ha. Seriously, I thought we were doing some vigilantly-ing tonight.”

Raph sighed. “I don’t know. It doesn’t sound very appealin ta me right know.” He gestured her to follow him, then walked over to one of the park benches.

She sighed and quickly walked after him. As she sat down, she noticed how peaceful it was. Not a soul seemed to be in the park at the moment. She closed her eyes and breathed in the fragrant scent of the surrounding flowers and sighed again, this time in contentment. When she opened her eyes again, she noticed Raph looking at her. His face was uncharacteristically soft.

“What?” She asked, smiling slightly.

Raph looked down at the grass below their feet. His face was a mix between frustration and uncertainty.

Joi was taken aback by the fact she could read his emotions so easily. She always could, even though most others couldn’t, so the fact she could tell how he was feeling wasn’t what shocked her. It was the realization that he wasn’t attempting to hide them at all.

“Raph? Do…do you want to talk about something?” She asked him tentatively.

He laughed sadly. “If I hadn’t wanted ta talk ‘bout somethin, we’d be bashin’ in some scumbag’s head right ‘bout now.”

“So then, what is it?”

“I don’t know.”

“Yes you do.”

“…why da ya think he does stuff like dat?”

“Leo.” He growled.

“Is this about his leg?” She asked. She had suspected they hadn’t told her the whole truth from the very beginning.

Raph sighed. He didn’t want to admit to Joi what had really happened, but he needed to talk about it. The only people he ever talked to about this kind of stuff were Leo, Casey and Joi. Since the problem involved Leo this time, he wasn’t an option, and Casey had tried to help him with these kinds of issues before and he hardly ever gave good advice.

He quickly told the story of what really happened, and assured his furious girlfriend he had no part in hiding the truth from her. Leo had done that without asking. That calmed her down slightly and she set aside the lecture for after he told her what was wrong.

“So why are you upset he beat up that kid? It sounds like he deserved it anyway.” She asked in confusion.

“He knew dat would tick me off, but he did it anyway! I coulda handled dat punk by myself!”

“Raph…you know Leo is overprotective.”

“So what?! I didn’t ask him ta protect me.” Raph bit his lip, calming down a little. “The thing is, I don’t get why he did this outa da blue, ya know?”

“What do you mean?” She arched an eyebrow, clearly confused.

“Leo and I have been gettin along really well for da past couple of months. Mostly ‘cause he eased up.”

Joi nodded. “I know. I noticed that. But I just figured it was because he was giving everyone room to grieve for…well you know.” She winced, but quickly continued as to not give Raph room to interrupt. “And then you all became human. I think he was just giving you all space again. Only this time it was space to explore the things you could do now that you couldn’t before.”

“But why did he have ta jump in and get a freakin’ broken leg?!” He growled.

“…Raph, I think I understand what this is really about. Even if you don’t yet.”

He looked at her in complete confusion.

“Tell me. Why would Leo jumping into a fight and keeping you from getting hurt bother you?”

“Because I coulda-“

“-BESIDES the fact that you think you could have taken him by yourself.”

“Whada ya mean ‘I think’?” His eyes narrowed.

Joi was surprised to hear such anger in his voice. She could feel it emanating from him. Luckily for Raph, she knew that the root of the anger wasn’t geared towards her.

“Raphael,” she began.

Raph frowned at being addressed by his full name. She only did that when she was dead serious or angry with him.

“You know you couldn’t have taken that kid down without getting badly injured. And you also know that’s only because he didn’t fight fair. If it had been a fair fight, you would have pummeled him in three seconds flat, we all know that. Never the less, Leo intervened because he didn’t want you to get hurt, especially because it speeds up the mutation.”

“So he gets himself hurt so he doesn’t have ta feel guilty ‘bout lettin me do somethin stupid?” He scoffed.

“You know that’s not what I’m saying. He was extra worried about you because of that stab wound you recently recovered from.”

Raph was pacing in a rage now while grinding his teeth.

“I kinda thought you had grown out of this, Raphy.” Joi sighed.

Raph stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face her. “Whada ya mean?”

“I mean when I first met back up with you in Japan-you know, right after you escaped from Shredder-I just noticed you and Leo were getting along extremely well.”

“That’s ‘cause he hadn’t done nothin’ like this in a long time!”

“That’s not true, Raph. He was giving you orders and treating you the same way he is now.”

“Ya just don’t get it!” He practically yelled this time. Raph put his head in hands.

“No, Raph.” She said softly. She stood up and walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. “You’re the one who doesn’t get it. You’ve hidden your emotions under hate and anger for so long that you don’t even know what you’re hiding any more. The real reason you’re upset is because you feel guilty.”

He didn’t say anything and refused to meet his girlfriend’s gaze.

“You feel guilty he got hurt protecting you. And the reason you two were getting along so well for a while is because he hasn’t had to protect you from yourself.”

“Whada ya mean, ‘protect me from myself’?”

“I mean when your anger and rashness causes him to become involved in things you can’t totally handle by yourself.”

He mulled this over for a moment before responding. “I don’t understand why he keeps helpin me when all we ever end up doin is fightin. I mean, even when we get along like we were fer a while we still end up fightin in the end.”

“It’s because he loves you, Raph.” She answered simply.

He thought in silence. Joi waited for a long time, starting to believe Raph had fallen asleep, when he finally spoke again. “Joi, what would ya do if I died?”

She stared at him, taken aback. “What kind of question is that?! Don’t say things like that!”

“I’m bein serious.” He told her calmly.

“I…I don’t know what I’d do. You’re the most important person in my life, Raphael.”

He hugged her suddenly, surprising her again. “If I die, I want ya ta get on with your life. But can ya promise me ya won’t forget ‘bout me? I know that’s a lot ta ask. It’d be easier fer ya ta forget totally, but I don’t know if I could deal with that.”

That was too much. Tears came to Joi’s eyes. “I-I, Raph! I could never forget about you!” She hugged him tighter. “I’ll agree on one condition.”

“Raphael, I want to be your wife.”
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:11 pm

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOAAAAAAA!!!! What?! Di-did Joi just propose?! I thought only boys could do that!

Wait...no Cest, right?
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:56 pm

You mean T-Cest? 'Course not! And yeah, she did...well kinda. Raph said something about it in the first book. Out of all of the couples, I just think Joi and Raph would be the most likely to do something like this out of fear.

Glad you like it! I'm really trying to speed the plot along right now so we can get to the fighting!
Back to top Go down

Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)   

Back to top Go down
The Real World (Sequel to Angels and Demons)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT-Forum :: Misc :: Fan-works :: Fan TMNT stories-
Jump to: