TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6043 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shredder

Go down 
+4
Ayro
Suifox
Shredhead
Raph95
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Raph95
Admin
Raph95

Male
Number of posts : 2123
Warning Level :
Shredder Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Shredder Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Raphael
Shells : 9
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:48 am

Hello members,

I just found out something strange. We all know that Shredder is Turtle's enemy #1, but he is apearing only in 38 episodes (out of 144!):

• Things Change
  • A Better Mousetrap
  • Attack of the Mousers
  • Darkness on the Edge of Town
  • The Way of Invisibility
  • The Shredder Strikes, Part 1
  • The Shredder Strikes, Part 2
  • The Shredder Strikes Back, Part 1
  • The Shredder Strikes Back, Part 2
  • Tales of Leo
  • Return to New York, Part 1
  • Return to New York, Part 2
  • Return to New York, Part 3
  • Secret Origins, Part 1
  • Secret Origins, Part 2
  • Secret Origins, Part 3
  • Reflections
  • City at War, Part 3
  • Rogue in the House, Part 1
  • Rogue in the House, Part 2
  • Space Invaders, Part 2
  • Hunted
  • Nobody's Fool
  • New Blood (aka The New Guard)
  • Mission of Gravity
  • Hun on the Run
  • Same As It Never Was
  • Exodus, Part 1
  • Exodus, Part 2
  • Bad Day
  • Tale of Master Yoshi
  • Legend of the Five Dragons
  • New World Order, Part 1
  • New World Order, Part 2
  • Past Present
  • Enter the Dragons, Part 1
  • Enter the Dragons, Part 2

And as you see, most of them are episodes from season 1 and 2.

• Timing Is Everything
Back to top Go down
Shredhead

Shredhead

Male
Number of posts : 55
Warning Level :
Shredder Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Shredder Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Can't choose Razz
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:48 pm

I guess he was more popular in the ot series Cool
Back to top Go down
http://thetechnodrome.com
Suifox

Suifox

Female
Number of posts : 686
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2008-02-26

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:42 am

And that's a bad thing? O_o

He's the main villain, yes, but that doesn't mean that he has to make an appearance in every episode.(This isn't pokemon where you get to see Team Rocket get blown away once an episode)

In the old toon Shreder always went out of his way to beet the turtles and they were always conveniently there not to mention that they always managed to thwart his plans.

That doesn't happen in the new toon.

Now Shreder DOES want to know where thay are so he can get rid of them but he also goes more strategicly with it ("The Shredder Strikes Back" and similar)

The turtles are now more adapt at hiding. (remember the old toon, how they were all over the news, out in daylight and not to mention their ZEPPELIN; I mean, really, how could you NOT notice/find them in the old toon)

Further more when Shreder attacks HE HAS THE UPPER HAND unlike the old toon.

Also old Shreder wasn't as "strong" as the new Shreder. The new toon is more "realistic" then the old toon.

More so, the "Shreder" isn't out after the "Exodus" episodes since "he"(the idea of Shreder) continuous in Karai. It's the same metal wearing, turtle hating, foot leader Shreder but with someone else under the metal.

And finally, the show is called "Teenage mutant ninja turtles" not "Shreder" , "The turtle war with the Shreder" or similar, so they are bound to show more of the turtles and their LIFE(which doesn't revolve around keeping Shreder and Crang from WORLD DOMINATION).
Back to top Go down
Ayro
Admin
Ayro

Female
Number of posts : 376
Warning Level :

Shells : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:39 am

Yap, very good explanations Big grin
I would get nerved by Shredder, if he had appeared in even more episodes Razz (like it was in the old toon)
Back to top Go down
http://de.youtube.com/profile?user=ayrosama
Sev

Sev

Male
Number of posts : 27
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Mikey!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Yh its nice to have new bad guys instead of having the same one over and over
:crazy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com.kingsam142
Gringo300

Gringo300

Male
Number of posts : 12
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this- I just joined the board recently, but it comes across to me that in the earlier episodes, such as Secret Origins, the Utrom Shredder seems to have two very different personalities inside and outside of his exosuit. He also has very different voices.

Then in later episodes, such as Exodus, he seems to have the same personality and the same voice in both states.

Anyone else notice this?
Back to top Go down
Suifox

Suifox

Female
Number of posts : 686
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2008-02-26

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:04 am

Gringo300 wrote:
...in the earlier episodes, such as Secret Origins, the Utrom Shredder seems to have two very different personalities inside and outside of his exosuit. He also has very different voices.

Then in later episodes, such as Exodus, he seems to have the same personality and the same voice in both states.

Maybe he finally came around to fix the microphone. XD

I didn't notice. I'll keep an eye opened for it the next time I watch the episodes.
Back to top Go down
Gringo300

Gringo300

Male
Warning Level :

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm

When Ch'Rell escaped from the ruins of the wrecked Utrom starship, I can just picture someone accidentally stepping on him before he got the chance to steal the exosuit...

"Let's just SQUISH him!"
Back to top Go down
Blank Of Tengu

Blank Of Tengu

Male
Number of posts : 17
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Donatello
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:32 am

Gringo300 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this- I just joined the board recently, but it comes across to me that in the earlier episodes, such as Secret Origins, the Utrom Shredder seems to have two very different personalities inside and outside of his exosuit. He also has very different voices.

Anyone else notice this?

I noticed the thing with Shredder's personality- In 'Secret Origins' the Utrom was more like an animal, growling and grabbing at everything with his tentacles, while the Shredder was more cold and calculating, also the
Utrom's voice had a higher pitch. Then in the next season they both started to just act like the Shredder.
My guess is that having upwards of three Shredders in the show, the writers thought another personality would have just made things even more confusing, so dropped the angle. And I'm pretty sure they changed the voice because it just sounded a bit silly coming from such an 'infamous criminal'.

I think the character of the Shredder is one of the best things about the show- In all previous versions he was just a Criminal, who was also a Ninja. The new show gave him real strengh and a backstory that made him interesting, and by not using him every week he had a bigger impact when he appeared.
Back to top Go down
Leo11Jacob

Leo11Jacob

Male
Number of posts : 77
Warning Level :
Shredder Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Shredder Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 am

Hey which shredder is better - cyber shredder,mistic shredder or the utrom shredder?
Back to top Go down
Gringo300

Gringo300

Male
Warning Level :

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Blank Of Tengu wrote:
Gringo300 wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

I noticed the thing with Shredder's personality- In 'Secret Origins' the Utrom was more like an animal, growling and grabbing at everything with his tentacles, while the Shredder was more cold and calculating, also the
Utrom's voice had a higher pitch. Then in the next season they both started to just act like the Shredder.
My guess is that having upwards of three Shredders in the show, the writers thought another personality would have just made things even more confusing, so dropped the angle. And I'm pretty sure they changed the voice because it just sounded a bit silly coming from such an 'infamous criminal'.

I think the character of the Shredder is one of the best things about the show- In all previous versions he was just a Criminal, who was also a Ninja. The new show gave him real strengh and a backstory that made him interesting, and by not using him every week he had a bigger impact when he appeared.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Outside of his exosuit he acts more like an animal. He tried to BITE Leonardo. I can't picture him trying to bite someone in his exosuit.

It kind of comes across like when he's in his exosuit he's playing a part like an actor.

In Secret Origins, after he comes out of his exosuit, he jumps on top of Raphael's head- and laughs about Raph's innability to talk clearly. Only a few seconds ago (still in the exosuit, before getting an electric shock), he didn't come across as being in a laughing mood at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shredder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shredder   Shredder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shredder
Page 1 of 1