Welcome to 4043 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Death Note

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kitai

Female
Number of posts : 190
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Michelangelo
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Death Note   Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Just wondering if anyone else had seen this yet? It's been out for ages now and I've watched it all the way through a few times now.

I love this!! It was a real switch from what I'm normally used to watching. All the characters and the story are great!!

I also watched a clip of the English dub. Episode eleven. Not impressed with the way the voice actors are trying too hard to pronounce the Japanese names.

It's good they're finally trying with names in dubbed anime now, but they just don't seem convincing. They sound way too awkward whenever they say a name. They sound like they have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't flowing properly.

However, I'll reserve judgement until I've watched the whole thing in English dub, because the voices seem to be really good. Though I haven't heard Light's yet, and L's... doesn't seem to sit right. I may just have to get used to it. But it sounds too strong for him.

I recognise some of the voices too! Hehe!!

Though I have to say:

I hate it when they translate "san" directly as "Mr" or "Miss"!! Grrr!! It doesn't directly translate to anything!! It's a suffex added to a name to signify respect or caring towards someone!!
Back to top Go down
http://nexusbeach.forumotion.com
Raven13

Male
Number of posts : 23
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : all 4
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:47 am

i am going to watch...
but i donīt know when lol

a friend tell me about it and seems nice to me.
Back to top Go down
Raph95
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 2123
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : Raphael
Shells : 9
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:40 am

I also watched this. It's just great anime, and I suggest it to everyone!

It has an awesome, kinda detective story. Here is the main thing: Shinigami (Death Gods) dropped a notebook, which is found by the top student in Japan, Yagami Light. He soon discoveres that whose name is written in the notebook, will die. That's when the story begins. It's pretty awesome, altought the first episode is only introduction and might be a little borning.

There are also three live-action-movie adaptations. I'm still downlaoding the second and third. The first movie is actually half of the story put in 2 hours, and probably the second, too. I still don't know about the third, but from what I heard, it's just a little bit changed story at some part of Anime. It's kind of filler episode, or something like that.

English dub? I have experience with most of anime dubs, and they are usually oweful. I'm not sure if I even want to try to take a look at YouTube.

What else can I say - just watch it! Big grin

Female
Number of posts : 577
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Favorite Turtle : [rainbow snapping]
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:38 pm

I watched it aswell from teh beginning and 'till the end. Awesome anime! Very unconventional (even for a japanese storie!) and action-packed! I liked Ryuk (am I spelled it right?..) who maniacaly likes apples! xD And, o'course, Rudzaki (..again the same question..), he is kinda cute :}

Light is an abslute psycho...and I like him too for that xP I kind of like psyched characters.
Back to top Go down
Leo_Girl

Number of posts : 1
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:31 pm

i love death note and i've seen all of it like the aending is so sad really it is and love light his so like cute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Note   

Back to top Go down

Death Note
Page 1 of 1