TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6040 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
allxthatxi'mxnot

allxthatxi'mxnot

Male
Number of posts : 79
Warning Level :
Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello, and Michelangelo.(i.e., all of em)
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Empty
PostSubject: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Okay, once in an interview, Judith Hoag, April O'Neil in the original film was quoted as saying that in the final cut, she said she thinks that the film "lost it's soul". Now, here is her response in another recent review:

"There was a more mystical through-line in the original script – (think Luke Skywalker and The Force). The Turtles were on a spiritual quest lead by their Master Splinter. It added dimension to the story and made it more appealing to people of all ages. But one of the producers called those parts “fluff” and said that “all the kids wanted to see was the fighting”.
I disagreed with him then and I disagree with him now. Kids are smart and they want a story to go along with the action. I have to say that while I love the devotion this movie has inspired in so many people of a certain age all over the world – I still have a hard time watching my work in the film. I was so inexperienced and green as an actor. I see all the mistakes and missed opportunities. I wish I knew then what I know now. But that’s the journey of the actor. It’s all about letting go."

Now, I have another thread in which I've posted some of the deleted scenes that I could find on the internet. (Deleted Scenes From the 1990 Film) There was also a deleted scene(which I could not find) during the scene where April is drawing the Turtles, and when she draws Michelangelo, he is extremely pissed off and is upset that Raph is hurt and Splinter's missing. The only parts left in the movie of this scene is when April is saying "But a lingering doubt remains..." and Michelangelo is wailing on the punching bag, and then the scene where Raphael is on the roof and he shouts "Splinter!", well, the Turtle on the roof is actually Michelangelo, but Raph's voice is dubbed over it. Why? That's for ya'll to answer
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Number of posts : 7905
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that don´t know a bit of Geography, Lisbon´s the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :
Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : It´s very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because he´s not what he appears to be, he´s actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because he´s got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.
Shells : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:51 pm

I think that the voice actor who played Mikey couldn´t do that at the time, so they pick a similar voice actor like the one who played Raph. At least that´s what I think. Hey can you tell me what´s the link to see the deleted scenes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mcazevedo
allxthatxi'mxnot

allxthatxi'mxnot

Male
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello, and Michelangelo.(i.e., all of em)

PostSubject: Re: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that don´t know a bit of Geography, Lisbon´s the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : It´s very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because he´s not what he appears to be, he´s actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because he´s got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.

PostSubject: Re: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
allxthatxi'mxnot

allxthatxi'mxnot

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:25 pm

mcazevedo wrote:
I think that the voice actor who played Mikey couldn´t do that at the time, so they pick a similar voice actor like the one who played Raph. At least that´s what I think. Hey can you tell me what´s the link to see the deleted scenes?

Well, I think, well actually, I kind've know that the producers thought it would "ruin" people's view of Mikey, and that kids didn't want all that emotional stuff, just fighting. Also, that one scene around the fire, where he starts crying and Don comforts him, was supposed to be the letting go of all those feelings.
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:11 am

Oh, now I get it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
allxthatxi'mxnot

allxthatxi'mxnot

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Yeah, I mean, I don't think the film lost it's soul entirely; but I think it lost a lot of potential to be a not only already better than it is film, but also one that would be recognized as a great film, not just as a great kid's movie.(Although I always personally thought it was more of a teen flick)
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:58 pm

You know, I have 2 agree with you on that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"   Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judith Hoag- "lost it's soul"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT-Forum :: Ninja Turtles :: Media :: Movies-
Jump to: