TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6049 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does this sound reasonable?

Go down 
+2
Livi
CrazdMikeyfan15
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CrazdMikeyfan15

CrazdMikeyfan15

Female
Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :
Does this sound reasonable? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does this sound reasonable? Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Does this sound reasonable? Empty
PostSubject: Does this sound reasonable?   Does this sound reasonable? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:42 pm

I've always wondered a ton of things about the Turtles that were inaccurate. I've spent days wondering about it, and came up with explanations for them. I'm not saying it is the actual explanation, but it feels to me it clears some things up.

Why are the Turtles about honor and all that jazz historical ninjas didn't even give a d*** about?

Master Yoshi knew better than that. He knew perfectly well real ninjas didn't care about honor. So, he learned how to fight and slink around like a ninja, and spliced it up with some bushido.

Why do the Turtles have three fingers and two toes?

The mutagen practically has a mind of its own. If the turtle's mutated with the five and webbed fingers, they would've been too frail and would break easily. So, the muscle and bone masses combined.

If the Turtle's are cold-blooded, how can they stay outside in the snow?

The mutagen gives off heat, and since cold-blooded creatures absorb heat, they can stay perfectly warm in the freezing weather. That's how they are able to show up on thermal cameras. Same thing goes for when it's hot outside, the mutagen gives off cold.

How can they catch arrows?

It's not humanly possible to catch an arrow, but in case you didn't notice, they aren't human.

How do they have teeth?

When the jar holding the Turtles broke open, the shattered glass cut the boy's hand, dripping onto the Turtles. When the mutangen landed onto the turtles, it absorbed the blood and the mutagen got sucked in by the Turtles...

Normal Turtles don't have eyes like that.

The explanation above covers that.

Hope that cleared up some questions. If you have any, I'll try to come up with an explanation for it.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :
Does this sound reasonable? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does this sound reasonable? Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound reasonable?   Does this sound reasonable? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:45 am

Wow, good explanations. Big grin
Back to top Go down
Ilovemikey

Ilovemikey

Number of posts : 72
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Michelangelo!!!!!
Registration date : 2010-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound reasonable?   Does this sound reasonable? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:25 pm

niiice
Back to top Go down
War Bandit

War Bandit

Male
Number of posts : 367
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Lay-oh-nar-dough x)
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound reasonable?   Does this sound reasonable? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Kewl~

Talk about smooth dedication. x)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dofus.com
Greysight

Greysight

Female
Number of posts : 253
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : I plead the fifth!
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound reasonable?   Does this sound reasonable? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Actually, the turtles couldn't possibly be cold blooded and here's why.

Cold blooded hearts, whether they be frog or reptilian, do not have the strength to support a bipedal body. No lizard, frog, or turtle can stand on their hind legs, (and the 'Jesus lizard' can only do so for short, fast spurts).

Now, a warm-blooded circular system has the strength to pump enough blood into the legs and arms of a bipedal creature. In fact, scientists have determined that some dinosaurs would have been warm blooded, (how else could ol' T-Rex get enough blood to his legs)? Keeping this in mind, I would believe that the TMNT, thanks to the mutagen, are indeed warm blooded. After all, the mutation affected their bodies, it could have easily changed the circular system too.

To use Falljoy's explanation of teeth, the boy's blood could have helped in this change.
Back to top Go down
http://clandestinetmnt.proboards.com/
CrazdMikeyfan15

CrazdMikeyfan15

Female
Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound reasonable?   Does this sound reasonable? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Ohhhh... I get it! Thanks, Greysight!
Back to top Go down
Katniss

Katniss

Female
Number of posts : 5080
Location : I am the one hiding under your stairs, fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : All 4 of them! I love Raphie for his bad boy side (and his soft heart), Leo for his big-brother protectiveness and honour, Don for his smarts and caring side, and Mikey for being a goofball and making anyone go ROFLMAO, even in a life or death situation. Oh, and Splinter for his wise words and gentle soul :3
Shells : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound reasonable?   Does this sound reasonable? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Pretty good actually...I like these! The boy's blood and the mutagen would explain the change to their vocals too, enabling them to talk like people. But their personalities are interesting...they all have personalities as normal turtles, but the mutagen enhanced them...I think... >_>

Meh, I'm not a major fan like Kat, but she'd probably have a better explaination than me! XD
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~xxryousdancerxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this sound reasonable?   Does this sound reasonable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does this sound reasonable?
Page 1 of 1