TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6043 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Character (not Turtle!)

Go down 
+32
chayonja
Lizbeth
Leo'sGirl
turcosoup
mcazevedo
Livi
Genesis
Leatherhead
Juto!
BowStaff001
InfantileDinosaur
Niemti
Toon-Luvin-Chicka
xxxMikeyxxxsigh...
rika24
PurplePower88
The Guardian
Leo11Jacob
Cassidy144
Leonardo
Raven13
Shredhead
Suifox
Whitewolf89
Zensku
MIKEY
katanasmaster
jazeon
Sliotar909
LoveXXXLeonardo
Ayro
Raph95
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Favorite Character?
Master Splinter
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx619%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 19% [ 13 ]
Cody
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx66%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 6% [ 4 ]
Serling
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx63%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 3% [ 2 ]
Darius Dunn
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx60%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 0% [ 0 ]
Angel
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx66%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 6% [ 4 ]
Purple Dragons
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx60%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 0% [ 0 ]
Triceratons
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx61%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 1% [ 1 ]
Usagi
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx612%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 12% [ 8 ]
April
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx61%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 1% [ 1 ]
Casey
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx69%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 9% [ 6 ]
Shredder
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx610%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 10% [ 7 ]
Hun
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx63%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 3% [ 2 ]
Stockman
 0% [ 0 ]
Leatherhead
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx610%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 10% [ 7 ]
Bishop
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx64%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 4% [ 3 ]
Karai
 3% [ 2 ]
Dr. Chaplin
 0% [ 0 ]
Dark Leonardo
 1% [ 1 ]
Dark Raphael
 1% [ 1 ]
Dark Donatello
 1% [ 1 ]
Dark Michelangelo
 0% [ 0 ]
Klunk
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendtx67%Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Voteendzq0
 7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 68

AuthorMessage
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Number of posts : 7905
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that don´t know a bit of Geography, Lisbon´s the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : It´s very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because he´s not what he appears to be, he´s actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because he´s got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.
Shells : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:16 pm

You´re right! I noticed that too! If a human or a main character bleeds, everyone´s angry and sends letters and e-mails that say "This show´s too violent for my kid and now he´s got nightmares and blahblahblah" but if an alien or something that doesn´t have red blood bleeds, nobody cares! That is so stupid!

About Shadow, I don´t know why but I don´t like her and I agree with you. I don´t wanna see 35-year-old turtles (except in SAINW. They looked so cool....*drools*)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mcazevedo
Genesis

Genesis

Male
Number of posts : 297
Warning Level :
Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Donatello
Shells : -1
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:19 pm

I couldn't agree more. I don't think censors think much when they regulate stuff like that. More than likely, they're just trying to uphold regulations that are not only dated, but that probably contradict each other, at some point or another. I find it funny how many people go on about how much worse TV is, compared to before. A 70s show like Monty Python's Flying Circus got away with so much more than we ever could now.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/prophetoftruth
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that don´t know a bit of Geography, Lisbon´s the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : It´s very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because he´s not what he appears to be, he´s actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because he´s got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Again, you´re absolutely right. Nowadays, most of TV shows suck. Censors should do a better job!
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:56 am

The idea behind the Ninja Tribunal was cool. I just don't see why 4kids had to link Utrom Shredder with Demon Shredder. He could have been a perfectly good villain in his own right, but they had to milk it for all it was worth. And don't get me started on the whole ChaplinxKarai thing... o_e#

The dragon thing was weird. I know its their avatar/whatever, but still... a real fight would have been better.

The season was very well-written, but some of the ideas were not as good.

The lack of blood doesn't really bother me... most of the time. In season 3 when Leo got stabbed, I was a bit irritated that he wasn't bleeding (how unrealistic)... but otherwise, I don't really care. Maybe it's because I'm squeamish. xD

As for Shadow... I never got that far in the comics, so all I know about her comes from Tigerfog's comic.

I like his adaption of the TMNT in his comics. Anime smile I don't care for the SAINW TMNT, most likely because I didn't like that episode.
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:12 am

Gosh, I love those comics too! But he´s taking too long to write this chapter because he´s not drawing it. It´s snee-fee. I adore that artist and I think that MNT Gaiden´s back ground story´s pretty good. Although, I thought that the clone part was a bit creepy and depressing. I knew that Don was crazy but I never thought that he was THAT crazy.
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:19 am

Livi wrote:
And don't get me started on the whole ChaplinxKarai thing...
We don't talk about that. Ever. Just like - as far as I'm concerned - the Justice Force (and any real superheroes) have no place in the Turtles' world, anything that happens with Karai (likely my favourite human character, though Baxter makes a close cut) of which I don't approve I ignore. In fact, I'm going to have to go back and watch those episodes again, because until you mentioned that (and we never will again - please), I forgot it even happened. I guess my mind covered it up on reflex, hahaha!

Livi also wrote:
I like his adaptation of the TMNT in his comics. Anime smile I don't care for the SAINW TMNT, most likely because I didn't like that episode.
I don't believe I know about this Tigerfog. As for "SAINW," I can't believe how anyone could dislike that episode. It was bloody amazing. And how cool is it that Donatello is the only character in the 2003 series to actually kill the Utrom Shredder? I know Bebop and Rocksteady kind of did, too, but let's just focus outside the crossovers.
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:23 am

Wow. You´re completely right. Don really was the only one that actually killed the Shredder (the funny coincidence is that in the first comic, he was the one who killed the Shredder too). I never thought about this before. It´s amazing.
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:28 am

That's kind of true. He was the one who saved the Turtles from being taken with the Shredder in the thermite grenade's explosion. I didn't think about that, either. I generally count Leo as taking down the Shredder for good, but since that Shredder was technically a clone, Donnie should kind of get the credit as the original defeater of Saki. I've read that comic a million times and never really put it in that perspective. Amazing what a little geeky conversation can do!
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:30 am

Hey it´s not geeky! No wait....*starts thinking about it*...I guess it is kinda geeky.

I read that comic a million times too! I only have a few tmnt comics but that one´s my favourite!
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:36 am

My favourite has got to be the Return To New York story arc (issues 19-21). That and City At War (50-62) are just phenomenal. I never got a chance to read Shades of Grey (the two issues preceding #50), and I'm missing a lot of the City At War, but I'd really like to get my hands on those comics, someday. The oldest TMNT comic I have is issue #6, in which they take on (and kill) Triceraton gladiators. It's awesome, but I rarely open the book, since it's so old (you can feel it in the pages!) and still in very good condition.

I'll admit that I'm a total TMNT geek with no shame. I love this concept more than almost anything else. They're just so damn cool!
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:42 am

I read all the issues of City at War (unfortunately, I don´t have them) and I think they´re pretty great. I never had the chance to read Return to New York but I heard that the plot´s pretty good. I read issue #6 because have it (I have issue #1 to #10) and I think it was good too. From these 10 issues that I have, I hate the #2 that it´s about how the tmnt met April. It should have had more fighting scenes.
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:48 am

mcazevedo wrote:
I have issues #1 to #10
What?! First printing? You lucky... luck-person with lots of luck! Haha, but seriously, wow. Those aren't easy to find. Hold on to them, and keep them in good shape, but don't be afraid to open 'em up, from time to time. I hate collectors who never use their stuff. I open, read and re-read my comics; I play with and pose my action figures. To me, that's a real collector. I can see where you're coming from on #2. April seems to buy their story way too quickly and easily. I guess there could have been more fighting; it did seem a bit rushed. Perhaps they could have more effectively spanned it over two issues, with the first part delving more into April and Baxter, with the next focusing on mouser fights. At any rate, it's a bit late to complain there, eh?
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:53 am

Well, I only have them cuz my cousin went to America and bought them all for 200 bucks. Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird had a really whide (or should I say wild?) imagination when they write those first TMNT issues. I wish I had the comics Donatello #1 that it´s about Jack Kirby and Raphael #1 that it´s about how he met Casey Jones.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:21 pm

SAINW was cool, but not to my taste. It just depressed me so much. xD And Karai's hair was really freakily white. In fact, a lot of the SAINW's characters' designs freaked me out. It was an interesting take on a 'What if...?' scenario, but there are many episodes I prefer to it.

And you lot have more comics than me... I don't have any. =(
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Karai's hair was white because she's older, man. I figured that was obvious.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:54 am

Well duh. Razz

If I remember correctly, her face didn't look old, her body didn't look old, she didn't act old and her voice didn't sound old. Yet she had startling white hair. It was like she bleached it or something. xD

I might be wrong, as I saw the episode once and ages ago.
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:02 am

Her body didn´t look old but she was always training. Look at April´s body for example. She was fatter but she only looked old because of her face. Karai only looked old because of her hair and wrinkles.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Good point. :3 Training would make them pretty fit.

My mum's 50 and her hair isn't white. How old was Karai in SAINW anyway? I'd say about 50 or so.
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:37 pm

If the episode was 20 to 25 years in the future (I can´t remember which one is) then karai would be 45 to 50. Your mum´s hair is not white because she didn´t live in a time of war and stress. Besides, I bet your mum paints her hair.
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 pm

It was thirty years in the future, and Karai is roughly twenty, or at least in her late teens. The Turtles, being fifteen, would be forty-five, and Karai would be about fifty.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Nope, my mum doesn't paint or dye her hair. She does have a few white hairs though. =/ She's been through a lot and she smokes. And my dad's hair is dark, and he's 45. It varies between people.

Oh yeah, war time. That would cause stress. But if it's a Shredder-ruled world and the TMNT split up ages ago, then what stress did she go through? What if she suffered something tragic? :O Whoa... Now I'm curious.

And just 'cos I don't like something, doesn't mean I think it's bad. SAINW was a very unique episode and is by no doubt one of the best, most emotional episodes... just not to my taste.

So, uh, which non-turtle character has the most interesting backstory? I could say Bishop or Stockman, or even Casey, but I think it's the guy monster from the season 4 episode where Casey and Leo go stop Hun. 'Dragon's rising' or something. The monster had a very mysterious past which I would have loved to find out more about.
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Yeah me too! That episode was also so sad. If the writers were smart, they would have written another episode related with that one.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:15 pm

I know. D: There were so many loose ends.

And there was the Rat King.
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:19 pm

I think the rat king is a great enemy for the turtles. I was surprised that he didn´t appear more. In the 1987 version, he appeared a lot of times. And we also have Leatherhead. He could be a terrific villain. In the older version, he was evil and he was one of the funniest villains. Although, I like his personality in the 2003 version. It´s awesome.
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:02 pm

The Rat King was most interesting in the comic books, appearing as a riddling spectre, even after his apparent death at Leo's hands. The Rat King in the comics helped Splinter to learn that there comes a time to do whatever it takes to survive, and that one shouldn't be stuck up and consider himself above taking necessary but gruesome measures in a life or death situation. "To deny the inner beast means your death." - The Rat King (TMNT #56).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Character (not Turtle!)   Favorite Character (not Turtle!) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Character (not Turtle!)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next