TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6050 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kifu's Sketchbook

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Number of posts : 2066
Warning Level :
Kifu's Sketchbook Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kifu's Sketchbook Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Donatello
Shells : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Kifu's Sketchbook Empty
PostSubject: Kifu's Sketchbook   Kifu's Sketchbook Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 pm

*gasp!*

I've posted pictures on this forum before, but for some stupid reason I haven't combined them all in one thread. Tsk tsk to me, ney?

Anyway, I'll delete what threads I have open in here because I'll make them obsolete by posting the pictures on this thread. Thank-you all for those that have commented on them, but I'm sorry that your beautiful comments will go bye-bye. *sniff*

But one place is much more organized, is it not? XD

Looker be warned ... the old stuff is scary. And not just old-old stuff. But the artist is the greatest critic, yes?

Kifu's Sketchbook Rage_d10
Rage-Driven Result
So here's crap-o number one from 2008. My anatomy leaves something to be wanted for, there isn't any shading and it plum doesn't look right. Goes along with my first attempt at a TMNT fanfic, which is unfortunately also posted on this forum. Don't go looking for it ...

Kifu's Sketchbook Raph_a10
Raph At Bat
Again with the anatomy! Obviously I needed to hit the books three years ago. I shaded this one, at least, but ... cameras take crappy pictures of pictures. No story behind this one.

Kifu's Sketchbook Leonar10
Leonardo
... really? Creative title, huh? But a copy-cat picture that I colored in a looong time ago. Copy-catting is very nice when you're trying to pick up a style, I'll tell ya.

Kifu's Sketchbook Jump_b10
Jump
Er, you can tell this one was without reference. Oh! And from the year 2007. So that means the Leonardo one's from that time period, too. Garsh.

Kifu's Sketchbook You_do10
You Don't Want This
Digitally colored in Fuwa's line art, because she let me. At least I think Fuwa's a girl. Anyway, it was my first digital art ever. And it took me a darned long time. I won't even bore you with all the WIPs I posted along dA. *facepalm* I can do much better than this now.

Kifu's Sketchbook Loving10
Loving Material Things
This one's special simply because it pulled me out of an Artist's Block. Who knew throwing things across the room could make me pick up a pencil out of inspiration. Notice how wrong the angles are, though? Oh well. Can't judge raw inspiration.

Kifu's Sketchbook Uh__ha10
Uh ... Handstand
You can tell I'm slightly improving over the years. My cousins bugged this picture out of me, I think. Anatomically incorrect, but I didn't study muscles at all yet ... and I hadn't any references besides what was already in my sketchbook. Which I believe was not a lot.

Kifu's Sketchbook Tmnt_h10
TMNT How-To: Skull
This was actually for everyone's favorite Livi, right on the site. I promised her I'd make a TMNT tutorial. Better late than never? lmao

Kifu's Sketchbook Lendin10
Lending a Hand
Pencil lines of Donatello and Lila. Lila happens to be my OC, which I played on the first ever RP on this site, and is a character in my current TMNT fanfic ... titled Lila. Proportionally incorrect, but it's cute ... ish.

Kifu's Sketchbook Leo_s_10
Leo's Opinion
RANDOM FAN: Leo, can't I ask you a few questions?
LEO: Sure.
FAN: Do you love your brothers?
LEO: Of course I do; they're family.
FAN: Oh, okay, who do you do it with most?
LEO: E-excuse me?
FAN: You know, do it with. Every fanfic I read, you're doing it with someone else.
LEO: *leaves, spitting out curses*

Kifu's Sketchbook Quick_10
Quick Mikey
Title says it all. XD

Kifu's Sketchbook Quick_11
Quick Donny
Since I drew Mikey, I knew deep down I had to draw my favorite. Shading's all like ... wha?

Kifu's Sketchbook Invisi_turtle_by_kifuslick-d2xkb08
Invisi-Turtle
My personal favorite to date. *sigh* And it happens to be from last year. Now THIS is more of my style. Half of the layers are turned off, though, because I was just screwing around. Looks best on a DARK background.

Kifu's Sketchbook Dancin10
Dancing on the Rooftop
I decided I didn't want to deal with making a background of my own, so I just stuck a picture there and did a very crappy job at shadowing. And then used a filter to make it match Donny a little better. The shadows don't even match up. But it DOES have a background.

Last edited by Kifu on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://marvelunite.forummotion.com/
Livi

Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Kifu's Sketchbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kifu's Sketchbook   Kifu's Sketchbook Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:19 am

You've just improved and improved.

I still love the tutorial.
Back to top Go down
TurtlesDude

TurtlesDude

Number of posts : 11
Warning Level :

Shells : 0
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Kifu's Sketchbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kifu's Sketchbook   Kifu's Sketchbook Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:10 am

Your old stuff is better than my current stuff!
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Number of posts : 2066
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Donatello
Shells : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Kifu's Sketchbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kifu's Sketchbook   Kifu's Sketchbook Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Kifu's Sketchbook Cheers_by_kifuslick-d46svh8
Cheers
This is a rather crappy attempt at entering a contest on deviantArt. The foreground is OKAY, I suppose, but the background I became extremely lazy and simply scribbled down colors. I hope to go back and fix the things that irk me on this one. No references. Those might have helped a little.

And to Livi, thank-you. ^^ Unfortunately, however, I will not be going back and finishing that tutorial. I mean, I haven't found my style especially after such a long time of ignoring the turtles.

Then to TurtlesDude, what can I say? Practice makes progress. I've been drawing since I was in second grade--age seven. I haven't given up on the hobby. New mediums have been thrown at me and I've tried my best to learn. That's all anyone can hope for.
Back to top Go down
http://marvelunite.forummotion.com/
Sponsored content

Kifu's Sketchbook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kifu's Sketchbook   Kifu's Sketchbook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kifu's Sketchbook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT-Forum :: Misc :: Fan-works :: Fan TMNT artworks-
Jump to: