TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6049 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Save the Princess

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Number of posts : 2066
Warning Level :
Save the Princess Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Save the Princess Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Donatello
Shells : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Save the Princess Empty
PostSubject: Save the Princess   Save the Princess Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Don't know Save the Princess? I don't blame you. I'll give you a quick history behind it, the setting of this role play game, and how it'll be played with some rules attached. At least I'll try to make it quick. Even though I haven't been around here for a couple of years, my tenancy to babble has not changed.

Save the Princess originated as a game between me and my cousins (I'm designated game maker, so I have to be creative). It's been changed to something a little more violent since then, as well as something more story-oriented. The Save the Princess realm is a very dark realm. And I mean that quite literally. The realm never sees daylight, only night time. The weather will change, though typically the nights are calm with clouds in the sky. Three alliances exist, so to speak: the assassins, the guards and their princess, and the neutral villagers. The goal for the assassins is to slay the princess, because her reign over the villagers brings only hardship and pain, and the goal of the guards is to protect her so that she can continue to bring order to the land. Most of the land is heavily forested, with a few breaks in the trees that have hard soil. All around, those breaks are inhabited by villagers, although a few are left empty. Soldiers--or guards--roam the trees, perpetually in search for assassins so that they can put a permanent stop to their antics before they reach the princess. But getting into her stronghold isn't easy. The only way inside is through a drawbridge, as the thick, stone walls are too high for a man to jump even if a tree happens to grow nearby. If an assassin is lucky enough to get inside, he will most likely find himself lost in the labyrinth that is the palace, or find himself under the blade of a guard. The place isn't pretty, put simply. Bloodshed is common.

All that is well, you say. How does it apply to this site? The Save the Princess realm doesn't have very stable space-time continuum borders, so to speak. Random characters often find themselves stranded nearby a monstrous oak tree with a matching boulder in the middle of a large clearing, left to struggle for their lives. The turtles, in their ever so hungry search for adventure (if only that were the case) will find themselves in such a predicament. They will be left to deal with the aggressive guards that attack before asking questions, and are not helpless when it comes to dealing with skilled opponents. After they make their presence known and figure out what type of place it was they were suddenly thrown in, the turtles need to know their place in the new world and how to get back home.

This role play game will not be a free-for-all like the other role play threads inside this forum. Original characters beyond the near faceless guards and villagers will not be allowed. Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo were the ones that found themselves in this realm, and no others. One person will play each turtle, and one person may not play more than one turtle. So I need three others that are wishing to push their limits in role playing and learn how to become a better writer. I assure you, if you're role playing with me, you'll be doing a lot of reading, and I expect a lot of writing back. It is only fair, after all. If you're not prepared to write at least one hundred words per post, and that's a bare minimum, then I suggest that you reconsider. Myself, I write about four hundred/ five hundred words per post average (my length record is 1 650 words, as far as I'm aware). Writing will also be in third person past tense, for continuity. First person becomes a little confusing, especially in large amounts. All other common role playing rules/etiquette will be followed, which includes respect, god modding, power playing, etc. Look up words and phrases you do not understand.

To join, state that you want to play an open turtle. Once we have all four, we'll begin.

Leonardo
Wildgoose
Kifu
Michelangelo

Last edited by Kifu on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://marvelunite.forummotion.com/
Wildgoose

Wildgoose

Female
Number of posts : 712
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : hm, I dont really have a fave....I adore them all!! Maybe a have a soft spot for Rafael...but in general I love them all!!!

Leonardo is strict with his training and loyal

Rafael is a mondo hothead but has a great sexappeal

Donatelo is so sweet and (as the series have proven) a magnet to the ladies

Michealangelo is a cutie!! So energetic and optimistic!! He is just adorable

How can you ask me such a question? I simply cant choose....
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Save the Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Princess   Save the Princess Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:55 am

It sounds interesting but I have 1-2 questions...If I chose to play a turtle, I cant play another character? Such as a guard or an assassin? Also my other important questiuon: how are the good guys in this story? Is it proclaimed taht the princess is the good one here or are there any twists?
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

Save the Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Princess   Save the Princess Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:36 am

If you choose to play a turtle, original characters beyond the near faceless guards and villagers will not be allowed. So you may bring in an assassin, guard, or villager for the turtles to contend with, but they won't be a main character you focus on in your writing. On a typical forum-based role play game, a player makes on account per character they play, and this is how it's played. I'm more or less bringing this rule around, but adapting it to this forum.

In general, the princess is not the good guy. A big problem with monarchy was that it was really hard to overthrow the government, because only the royal blood could rule. That case is true in this realm as well. The villagers suffer more hardships than they should in the time period (more or less the dark ages, but no Bubonic plague or anything) because of the princess's harsh reign, although it is not known whether or not she does this out of ignorance and naivete, or because she is selfish and finds the system more useful to herself without a care to her subjects. It's the turtles' job to figure out which side to help if they do choose to get caught up in the realm (it isn't much of a choice, because the guards will annoy them every step of the way until they join sides with the princess) and help those people along, but also worrying about how to get home.

I hope I cleared up your questions. ^^
Back to top Go down
Wildgoose

Wildgoose

Female
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : hm, I dont really have a fave....I adore them all!! Maybe a have a soft spot for Rafael...but in general I love them all!!!

Save the Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Princess   Save the Princess Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:21 pm

You were very helpful!! I understood that my turtle will be my protagonist in this story. But if I can have another character (villager, guard or assassin) to appear more than once (Like Bishop or the purple dragons, I think you understand what I mean) I would be very happy!!
In the end, after much of thought I chose Raphael for my turtle. Oh, one more question: In what turtle realm are we playing? Comic? OT? 2K3?
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

Save the Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Princess   Save the Princess Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 pm

I know 2k3 the best, and that's normally the version of the turtles that most people lean upon for stories, so that would most likely be the one that we play.

As for reoccurring characters that are not namely turtles ... I believe we could work with that. Smile A guard would be especially helpful if the turtles would be struggling against the kingdom.

Two more players and we'll get this game up and running!
Back to top Go down
Wildgoose

Wildgoose

Female
Warning Level :

Save the Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Princess   Save the Princess Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 am

Yeah!!! I really want to play this game!! Anime smile
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

Save the Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Princess   Save the Princess Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Personally, I think we've waited long enough for the fish to bite, but our hooks remain untouched. Wouldn't you say the same thing, my friend? People can jump in as the two vacant turtles later in the game, but in the meantime, do you suppose that we should play them and treat them as nonplaying characters, or leave them out of the role play completely so that new people could jump in with them without a history to read? Besides ... I like it when Donny and Raph team up simply because it's rarely seen at all. At least in the 2k3 series as well as most fanfictions I have read.

Anyway, that's up to you. Both the question as to whether we should start now to get this idea moving or to actually wait for people to pop up, as well as whether the unclaimed turtles should be played as nonplaying characters until they are taken up, or leave them out of it completely.

Once you decide, you may start the role play, or answer me and I can if your answer is yea to the first question. If you think nay, then we shall wait, impatiently or not (although my life's a busy bee right now, so an added chore--recreational or not--might not be a good idea until it's calm).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Save the Princess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save the Princess   Save the Princess Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Save the Princess
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT-Forum :: Misc :: Forum Games :: RPG-
Jump to: