TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6050 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Mangas are you reading/read before?

Go down 
+3
rika24
Ayro
Raph95
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Raph95
Admin
Raph95

Male
Number of posts : 2123
Warning Level :
What Mangas are you reading/read before? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Mangas are you reading/read before? Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Raphael
Shells : 9
Registration date : 2007-10-27

What Mangas are you reading/read before? Empty
PostSubject: What Mangas are you reading/read before?   What Mangas are you reading/read before? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:25 am

Hello Smile

I'm a huge Manga and Anime fan, so I just decided to open this topic and ask you what Mangas are you reading or you have read before. Tell us did you like it, why did you like it and what do you think about Mangas at all.

Of coruse, not all of us know about Mangas, so I will give you some points to know more about them. Some of them your probably know, but in case you're clueless (it's OK, everyone is for the first time), just take a look at the, well, 'tutorial' below that I wrote.

Basics
Manga (まんが) is a Japanese word meanning comic or comic book. Outside of Japan, it's usually used for Japanese comic books. In last few years, mangas became popular all around the world and are traslated in more than 30 lagnuages. Manga was made out of combination of art called Ukio and art syles out of Japan, but the basic characterstics of today's manga looking are from WWII. They are usually made in black-white technique expect first few pages and the opening page. Most of mangas are adopted as Anime when they become very popular.

Manga style
It's easy to reconise manga. It's made in totally different way than Europen and American way. Panels and bublles are erad from right to left, as Japense language is. The problem comes that some translators and publicers print the manga 'in mirror', making it be 'easier' to read. Fans, and even original Japanese makers are complaining about this.

Bubbles
There are tons of different kinds of bubbles in manga. They usually change depending on the feelings of the characters. As sharper the edges are, the character more shouts, or is anger. Also, thought-bubbles in Europen style means wispering in mangas.

Symbols

• If there is/are... - It menas that character is
  • Big drop on forehead - unsure, confused
  • Nosebleeding - sexual excited
  • Veins, sually on forehead - angry or been irritated
  • Lines on ckeeks - embaressed

Well, that would be it Anime smile Now tell me your favoutire mangas and what angas you read before! Cool
Back to top Go down
Ayro
Admin
Ayro

Female
Number of posts : 376
Warning Level :
What Mangas are you reading/read before? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Mangas are you reading/read before? Right_bar_bleue

Shells : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: What Mangas are you reading/read before?   What Mangas are you reading/read before? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:11 am

Mmh,

I think I just list them ^-^

Dragonball
Seimaden
Zetsuai 1989
Bronze Zetsuai 1989
Angel Sanctuary
DNA2
Naruto (first 6 or 7 chapters)
MNT Gaiden ^-^

Maybe I forgot a hondred, but these were the most importent Razz
Back to top Go down
http://de.youtube.com/profile?user=ayrosama
rika24

rika24

Female
Number of posts : 82
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What Mangas are you reading/read before?   What Mangas are you reading/read before? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:10 am

i have a nice long list so i'll just post my list: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Rika24

i will recommend my beloved flame of recca though. it's a lot like naruto so if you like naruto you'll love flame of recca... though don't anyone dare call FoR a naruto rip-off because it isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://rikafire.fifteenth-moon.net/tmnt/
Sano

Sano

Male
Number of posts : 8
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Michealango
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: What Mangas are you reading/read before?   What Mangas are you reading/read before? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:32 am

Currently, I'm reading.

One Piece (Up to date to Chapter 532 in the Impel Down Arc)
Bleach (Up to date to Chapter 345 in the Espada fights)
Detective Conan (Currently on Chapter 131 of a very long series)

Here what I have finished

Inuyasha
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragonball
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon
Back to top Go down
bustersword

Male
Number of posts : 550
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: What Mangas are you reading/read before?   What Mangas are you reading/read before? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 am

I read Kingdom Hearts manga. It looks cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RoxasKennedy2
Raph'sRage648

Raph'sRage648

Male
Number of posts : 20
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Hard to pick, but Raph.
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What Mangas are you reading/read before?   What Mangas are you reading/read before? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Yuyu Hakusho(My fav)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
HunterXHunter
One piece
Looking for Big O even though I've seen it so much
Back to top Go down
Wildgoose

Wildgoose

Female
Number of posts : 712
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : hm, I dont really have a fave....I adore them all!! Maybe a have a soft spot for Rafael...but in general I love them all!!!

Leonardo is strict with his training and loyal

Rafael is a mondo hothead but has a great sexappeal

Donatelo is so sweet and (as the series have proven) a magnet to the ladies

Michealangelo is a cutie!! So energetic and optimistic!! He is just adorable

How can you ask me such a question? I simply cant choose....
Registration date : 2011-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What Mangas are you reading/read before?   What Mangas are you reading/read before? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:50 am

hm, I would want to show you my list of finished manga, but......better not!! I 'll be writing for days.

The only manga that I'm reading now is One Piece and Bleach. I decided to take a break from manga and anime for a while
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Mangas are you reading/read before?   What Mangas are you reading/read before? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Mangas are you reading/read before?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT-Forum :: Ninja Turtles :: Media :: Series-
Jump to: