TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6028 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tmnt Family Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leatherhead

Leatherhead

Male
Number of posts : 19
Warning Level :
Tmnt Family Discussion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tmnt Family Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Shells : 0
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Tmnt Family Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Tmnt Family Discussion   Tmnt Family Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 am

Alright, to start off since Splinter lived with Hamato Yoshi as his pet / all that he was sort of part of his family (2003 TMNT series and later on here). So, he would also inherit his last name as he was basically a family member as pets and their owners are family right? You should understand if you have a pet cat, dog, etc where they are given the last name of their owner. So, his proper name would be Splinter Yoshi.

Moving on, due to the turtles (Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello) actually living with him and he is their father.. They would also inherit the last name as well correct? Like Leonardo Yoshi, Raphael Yoshi and you get the idea. Since they are family and that was Splinter's last name as he sort adopted them as his children.

Next on the list, is Leatherhead who I was focusing on with the discussion after the basis of the information was set in stone. If Leatherhead had stayed with them (The episode : Hunted is where he left for a new set of living quarters in the sewer) it could be reasoned to an extent that he might be part of their family? Yes, I know he was raised by the Utroms and all that, yet they didn't have a last name that I'm aware of and they sort of didn't take him with them later on. Since he's basically living in the sewer / sort of with the TMNT is it reasonable to suggest they are his new family, thus granting him the name Leatherhead Yoshi? Based on the data of him not exactly living with them and other factors which would have to be added in I'm just curious what everyone here thinks on this.
Back to top Go down
Katniss

Katniss

Female
Number of posts : 5080
Location : I am the one hiding under your stairs, fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair
Warning Level :
Tmnt Family Discussion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tmnt Family Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : All 4 of them! I love Raphie for his bad boy side (and his soft heart), Leo for his big-brother protectiveness and honour, Don for his smarts and caring side, and Mikey for being a goofball and making anyone go ROFLMAO, even in a life or death situation. Oh, and Splinter for his wise words and gentle soul :3
Shells : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Tmnt Family Discussion   Tmnt Family Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:56 am

Actually, in Japanese the last name is first. Hamato Yoshi's last name, therefore, is Hamato. That's why in episodes like 'The Big Brawl' or whatever the Battle Nexus one is called, people introduce/address him as Hamato Splinter. The Magi guy from the Nexus called him that when Splinter-san won the match against his friend.

But otherwise you're got it prety much right.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~xxryousdancerxx
Leatherhead

Leatherhead

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Tmnt Family Discussion   Tmnt Family Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:36 am

Katniss wrote:
Actually, in Japanese the last name is first. Hamato Yoshi's last name, therefore, is Hamato. That's why in episodes like 'The Big Brawl' or whatever the Battle Nexus one is called, people introduce/address him as Hamato Splinter. The Magi guy from the Nexus called him that when Splinter-san won the match against his friend.

But otherwise you're got it prety much right.

Oh, I had assumed it was Yoshi Hamato in Japanese as this is a sort of English language series which would mean they had already performed the name swap with the last name at the end. So, what were your thoughts on Leatherhead becoming a part of their family and obtaining the name Leatherhead Hamato (if Hamato is his last name)? Unless you gave me an answer to it in your post above which I missed. You just didn't seem to eleborate on it much, another assumption I made that you were simply agreeing with the whole family name cycle and how it's spread around, yet I was / am unsure about how you answered the main point of the discussion.

(Guess I'll have to go re-watch that episode to see this for myself since I apparently didn't have all the information)
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Tmnt Family Discussion   Tmnt Family Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:12 pm

It's Hamato. The 2k3 series messed up Oroku Saki's name by making his last name 'Saki'. However, in the comics Saki had a brother called Oroku Nagi. So really, Saki is Shredder's first name and then, going by this, when Yoshi's name was said it was Hamato Yoshi. Japanese people like being different.

Hm... I really don't know. I mean, when a stepdad or stepchild comes into a family they tend to not change their last name. Also, Leatherhead lives with them for a bit. He could have it but I dunno if he would.
Back to top Go down
Katniss

Katniss

Female
Location : I am the one hiding under your stairs, fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : All 4 of them! I love Raphie for his bad boy side (and his soft heart), Leo for his big-brother protectiveness and honour, Don for his smarts and caring side, and Mikey for being a goofball and making anyone go ROFLMAO, even in a life or death situation. Oh, and Splinter for his wise words and gentle soul :3

PostSubject: Re: Tmnt Family Discussion   Tmnt Family Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I don't think Leatherhead would've adopted the Hamato name. Considering the fact that he doesn't really live with them, he lives by himself. But if he did ever end up living with them, he probably would take the Hamato clan nam.
Back to top Go down
Leatherhead

Leatherhead

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Tmnt Family Discussion   Tmnt Family Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:28 am

Well, I was thinking along the lines of him still being apart of their family despite not living with them. (Trying to word this is a bit complicated) Maybe like an honorary family member (I doubt this bit here will hold up at all, as I assume I am mis-using this term) and obtaining the last name without living with them? He wouldn't have to live with them to obtain the last name, he would just be a part of their family on long distance terms. He got shafted in the series, despite the episodes he was in..Which by my count were only 10 and with the last episode it would be 11.

He also never appears in the TMNT movies! Although, if he did I know I might be dissapointed by something they do to him.. An example would be his design in Back to the Sewer... Personally, I preferred his older design in the 2003 version. His newer one could have been a lot better.. Still, the monocle was awesome I guess. Lol I suppose I'll just have to keep hoping he appears in a future TMNT movie if it ever comes about..

I'm just going to personally include him in their family and label him as a member of it. This may be a bit stubborn, yet I feel he is entitled to be a member of it despite certain things in the circumstances.. Maybe one day, I'll find some way to properly reason it out.

Also, thanks for taking the time to respond and chat with me about this, it has been very insightful and helpful to my TMNT knowledge which I was apparently lacking for some details.
Back to top Go down
Katniss

Katniss

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Tmnt Family Discussion   Tmnt Family Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 pm

That sounds good. And you're welcome :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tmnt Family Discussion   Tmnt Family Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tmnt Family Discussion
Page 1 of 1