TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6032 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One More Time With Feeling-SongFic

Go down 
+2
Raphael011
Leo'sGirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Number of posts : 1047
Warning Level :
One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Leo, obviously. But I love all of them <3
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-29

One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Empty
PostSubject: One More Time With Feeling-SongFic   One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:35 pm

The song is One More Time With Feeling, by Regina Spektor. This is the first time I've attempted a SongFic, so constructive critisism would be awesome!

I'm looking up at the night sky blankly, searching for an answere. Out here, away from the lights and smog of the city, it's easy to see the stars. Usually it takes my breath away. This time, it only adds to the grief and deadness that is building inside of my me. It feels like I have a soul of lead constantly dragging me down. Like I'm suffocating in my own failure.

[i]Your stitches are all out,
But the scars are healing wrong,
The helium balloon inside your room has come undone,
And it's pushing up at the ceiling,
And the flickering lights it cannot go beyond,[/i]

I train and train, but I am never good enough. I can never be good enough to protect all of them. I can't even put on a happy face and tell everyone it will be alright. I know I'm acting depressed and angry, but I can't help it. If I don't, I know I'll burst at the seams. Our bodies may have healed, but there's still a recovering sense of frustration. Everyone else seems to be shrugging it off slowly. But every time I close my eyes I still see their faces contorted in pain, and my furry begins anew.

[i]Everyone takes turns,
Now it's yours to play the part,
And they're sitting all around you,
Holding copies of your chart,
And the misery inside their eyes is,
Synchronized and reflecting into yours,[/i]

I have to get a grip. I only need to focus on getting better. If I can work hard enough, I can be good enough. I know I can do this. That's why I fight in the first place. To protect them.

[i]Hold on!
One more time with feeling,
Try it again, breathing's just a rhythm,
Say it in your mind until you know that the words are right,
This is why we fight,[/i]

But I've been trying my hardest already. I thought by now I would be skilled enough to accomplish my goal. No, that's a naive thought. I just wish I could make it up to them. Show them how I'm going to try even harder now that my bandages are off. That's the only thing that's going to fix this. That's going to fix me.

[i]You thought by know you'd be,
So much better than you are,
You thought by know they'd see,
That you have come so far,[/i]

Maybe, just this once, I will let revenge fuel my ambitions. I will kill them, Shredder and Karai. I will make them suffer. Especially Karai. For hurting my family. For denying herself. For hurting me in more ways than one.

[i]And the pride inside their eyes,
Would synchronize into a love you've never known,
So much more than you've been shown,[/i]

I just need to breath. I need to breath in the smell of the grass and moist earth around the farm house. I can do it. I can protect them.

[i]Hold on!
One more time with feeling,
Try it again, breathing's just a rhythm,
Say it in your mind until you know the words are right,[/i]

I know I can do it, because that's why I fight. I will do it this time. This time, nothing will hurt them.

[i]This is why we fight,
This is why we fight[/i]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2696443/44TayLo
Raphael011

Raphael011

Female
Number of posts : 768
Warning Level :
One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Raphael! I guess I mostly like Raph cuz I can relate to him really well. Tough decision tho...
Registration date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: One More Time With Feeling-SongFic   One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:49 pm

Cool! Wink
Back to top Go down
CrazdMikeyfan15

CrazdMikeyfan15

Female
Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: One More Time With Feeling-SongFic   One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Never heard of a songfic, but it sounds like you need a lot of imagination to get it right.
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel4000

FallenAngel4000

Number of posts : 2160
Location : somewhere but nowhere i can easily lose myself but am i lost or just not found
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : ^~^

ALL OF 'DEM!!!!
Shells : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: One More Time With Feeling-SongFic   One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:41 pm

AWESUM!!!!!!!!!

love it!! ^~^
Back to top Go down
thelostkingdom

thelostkingdom

Male
Number of posts : 3198
Location : behind you, booooo (I'm a ghost)... Barcelona(Spain)
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Raphael
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: One More Time With Feeling-SongFic   One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 5:12 am

A songfic! This is so strange! But I liked Smile Congratulations
Back to top Go down
http://recuerdoslibro.blogspot.com/
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Number of posts : 7905
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that don´t know a bit of Geography, Lisbon´s the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : It´s very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because he´s not what he appears to be, he´s actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because he´s got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: One More Time With Feeling-SongFic   One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Well, for a songfic, this isn't bad! Actually, I think it's pretty cool! And I love that song!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mcazevedo
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Number of posts : 1047
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leo, obviously. But I love all of them <3
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: One More Time With Feeling-SongFic   One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah MC, I love that song too! Regina Spektor is so talented.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2696443/44TayLo
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One More Time With Feeling-SongFic   One More Time With Feeling-SongFic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One More Time With Feeling-SongFic
Page 1 of 1