TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6027 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rika24

rika24

Female
Number of posts : 82
Warning Level :
Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Empty
PostSubject: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:07 pm

laird and eastman have been called sell outs due to the 80s cartoon, well, Mirage really is selling out this time. THEY SOLD TMNT TO NICKELODEON! and i mean they sold EVERYTHING! TMNT is doomed to be toddler garbage now. i don't want to say good-bye to the dark and bloody comics Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time 152963

don't believe me? http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS136549+21-Oct-2009+PRN20091021

and what also has me worried aside from the comics are Turtles Forever and the new movie that "was" going to follow the comics. well at least we have seasons 1-5 of 2k3 Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time 35517

...he's kidding himself if he thinks Mirage can stand without TMNT (he said on his blog that he only sold TMNT and not Mirage)

Last edited by rika24 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rikafire.fifteenth-moon.net/tmnt/
thexblackxmaskedxninja

thexblackxmaskedxninja

Female
Number of posts : 3893
Warning Level :
Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : dont have ONE i have four XD
Shells : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:17 pm

its better than what happened to MARVEL which was bought out by Disney
Back to top Go down
rika24

rika24

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:20 pm

thexblackxmaskedxninja wrote:
its better than what happened to MARVEL which was bought out by Disney

actually, from what i understand about that, Marvel still has some say in things, like the comics will still be published through Marvel. kind of like the Mirage/4Kids thing.
Back to top Go down
thexblackxmaskedxninja

thexblackxmaskedxninja

Female
Number of posts : 3893
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : dont have ONE i have four XD
Shells : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:30 pm

still dont like Disney owning ANYTHIG of MARVEL
Back to top Go down
rika24

rika24

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:19 pm

anyone else feel like they've been gypped? i mean, Mirage does this NOW when this entire year we've been celebrating the 25th anniversary?
Back to top Go down
ButterFly

ButterFly

Female
Number of posts : 17
Warning Level :

Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:14 pm

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! This is a completely nightmare!! What's going on with the world! I don't think I am ever going to make it if TMNT just don't be anymore... TMNT.

I believe I'm hearing Mikey's screaming!!!
Or as he would said: PLEASE SOMEBODY PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!!!!

I think the word is "BETRAYAL". Not only for all the fans, but for all TMNT concept.
I mean, they are giving away their baby... 25 years of work and effort and success, not to mention the american dream Laird and Eastman represented when they start TMNT comic book and became what it is today! How could they sleep at night!!! I know I won't do it tonight!!! Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time 152963
Back to top Go down
rika24

rika24

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:17 pm

at the moment, all i want is Turtles Forever to air. and hopefully someone will put it up for download
Back to top Go down
ButterFly

ButterFly

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Well... I'm actually excited also for this movie... even when I don't know what to expect from it... But I guess having eight turtles instead of four will guarantee some fun!
I love TMNT!!!
Back to top Go down
rika24

rika24

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:51 pm

yes but what has me worried is that it won't ever be released. as someone on another forum said, there have been 0 commercials about the movie now.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 am

You guys are acting like it's the end of the world.

Why did Nickelodeon buy TMNT? Was it so they could ruin it? No, because a lot of people like TMNT and they want to earn money. To earn money, people have to like it, and for people to like it, it has to be good. So let's just wait and see how Nickelodeon take it. Yes, the 'Spectacular Spiderman' is... well. Let's just wait. It's not like they're going to make them look like Spongebob and have bad humour like in Fairly Odd Parents. And in any case, they really can't do much worse than Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers.

I read that the new TMNT cartoon is going to be CG animated. That's the only thing that bugs me. The 2007 movie was nice, but I don't want a series like that. And this may mean characters like Bishop and Hun will not be in it.

No smilies as I'm in a bad mood.
Back to top Go down
rika24

rika24

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

i just got a reply to my email:

> Is it true that Laird sold EVERYTHING over to Nickelodeon?

Yes.

> If true, do you know what happens to the comics?

Peter did maintain the right to publish up to 18 comic books per year - so if decides he wants to do more TMNT comics, there may be more down the line.

"Tales of the TMNT" will continue to #70 (May, 2010) - at the moment that's all that's in the works.

> what about Turtles Forever? is it still going to air on tv in november?

4Kids told me that they do not plan to air it in November.

HOW ARE WE GONNA SEE TURTLES FOREVER NOW!?. Anyways, I guess it's good that the comics will still continue somewhat, but I'm going to miss Tales as I loved and collected those the most out of the two current series. This also means we won't be getting an ending anytime soon in volume 4 sadly Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Frown I also hope that Nickelodeon doesn't censor the comics.
Back to top Go down
ButterFly

ButterFly

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:54 pm

Well... we all want to have hope and big expectations for this, but experience says a different history.

I hope they don't mess with the comics too much, and respect the essence... which is going to be kind of difficult without Laird's full action. I'm trying to figure out what's on his mind by doing this, particularly in the 25 anniversary, but I just don't get it!

Sorry... I'm too sad to continue...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time   Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like Mirage really DID "sell out" this time
Page 1 of 1