TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6050 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boring Thread #3

Go down 
+9
ninjaspirit7
InfantileDinosaur
Kira85
thexblackxmaskedxninja
Xile
Livi
Donnie
Kifu
Raph95
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Number of posts : 2066
Warning Level :
Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Donatello
Shells : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:29 am

I knows. I got an email I plan to use, now I just need to make up the "application".

I shouldn't get my hopes up. I shouldn't get my hopes up. I shouldn't . . . Too late.
Back to top Go down
http://marvelunite.forummotion.com/
Livi

Livi

Female
Number of posts : 3801
Warning Level :
Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Leonardo <3
Shells : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:34 am

Don't worry. If all else fails, we could start our own one!! BWAH HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:35 am

Actually, um . . . true.mnt@live.com. *sheepish grin*

Anyway, how's this for a start:
Quote :
I have a proposal that I wish for you to consider.
Oh yeah. Sehr gut, ja? lol
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:40 am

Great start! Makes you not look like an annoying twelve year old spammer. XD
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:42 am

I know. I'm trying to make this as formal and adult-like as I possibly can. It's just . . . so hard. I'll update every time I post here.

Quote :

First I will point out that the emails for the turtles are a little slow, and obviously stated, overloaded. And I quote:
PLEASE NOTE: The TMNT mail is meant for entertainment purposes only. Due to the high volume of mail that we receive, we're forced to be brief in our responses and it can take a week or more to get a reply.
I am also under the impression that one man is
Haha! I stopped in the middle of a sentence.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:47 am

XD

Really good.
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:48 am

*dipes head* Thank-you. God this is hard, though.

Quote :

First I will point out that the emails for the turtles are a little slow, and obviously stated, overloaded. And I quote:
PLEASE NOTE: The TMNT mail is meant for entertainment purposes only. Due to the high volume of mail that we receive, we're forced to be brief in our responses and it can take a week or more to get a reply.
I am also under the impression that one man is writing all of the emails that are sent out to the public, answering questions meant for the turtles. The source of that impression is scattered, and I am sorry of if it is false.

Is the information false? It'd make it easier if it weren't.

Last edited by Kifu on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 am

No idea. O_o

But apparently it is one person.
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah, that is what I was thinking, too. I hope so.

Quote :

I am also under the impression that one man is writing all of the emails that are sent out to the public, answering questions meant for the turtles. The source of that impression is scattered, and I am sorry of if it is false.

I am trying to keep this short, but in doing so I must be blunt. What I am asking is that I could help with the load and write emails as if I were one of the TMNT, as is being done already.

Finished:

Quote :

I am trying to keep this short, but in doing so I must be blunt. What I am asking is that I could help with the load and write emails as if I were one of the TMNT, as is being done already. I'm not saying the person(s) is not doing a good job, but that the workload could be shared and in consequence making the fans happier.

Again, I wish for you to consider my offer and get back to me after (or during) a decision is reached.

Thank-you
-Abby

If you see anything that could be changed, please, please tell me.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 am

Cool.

I might say 'the person(s) is/are', so you don't sound as though you think there is only one person by only saying 'is'.

I probably made no sense. D:
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 am

Actually, there IS only one person doing it.

Dan Berger wrote:
Howdy Abby,

First I will point out that the emails for the turtles are a little slow

The Turtles replies are slow for one reason: too many people begin writing daily (or several times per day) if they receive quick responses - and then they expect every missive they send to get a fast response and become angry if they don't receive one. This lead to us getting hundreds of e-mails per month from only a few dozen people. Once we implemented weekly replies, the majority of people who wrote so often stopped writing so often, alleviating the problem. FWIW, I first started waiting a day, and then three days, and finally a week. The problems with frequently agitated fans weren't alleviated until I began the weekly replies.

The TMNT mail is not meant to be a pen pal service, it's simply a venue for someone to contact a "turtle" for a bit of fun.

and obviously stated, overloaded.

I don't understand what you mean by "overloaded," so I'm afraid that it's not obvious to me.

I am also under the impression that one man is writing all of the emails that are sent out to the public

Yup - that would be me.

answering questions meant for the turtles

Since the Turtles aren't real, someone has to pretend to be them. That someone is me.

What I am asking is that I could help with the load and write emails as if I were one of the TMNT, as is being done already.

Thank you for the offer, but that isn't possible. Mirage must maintain full control of all content that is sent out that is representative of our company. I could oversee what you would write, but forwarding you mail and then editing your replies would be more time consuming than just writing them myself, and thus, counterproductive. And replying more often would bring us back to the original problem of having a few dozen people writing constantly - and again - we don't want to run a pen pal service.

If you look around, I think you'll be very hard pressed to find any other fictional characters that respond personally to e-mails within a week's time, so I think we're providing a good service as is. You're entitled to disagree, of course - but I am not inclined to change our process based on my past 10 years of experience doing this.

I'm not saying the person(s) is not doing a good job, but that the workload could be shared and in consequence making the fans happier.

From my experience, the vast majority of fans are happy writing once or twice and getting one or two replies. You're the first person to bring this up in well over a year and we get dozens of letters per day, so there isn't a huge demand for faster response times from the majority of those who write the TMNT (and typically those who do demand more frequent replies are the very people that caused the weekly response times to be implemented in the first place by writing too often and getting angry when they didn't get a response to every e-mail they sent - so I'm clearly biased against replying faster since it can cause more harm than good).

I didn't arrive at this decision by pulling a number out of a hat, it was a slow process that took months to arrive at. Things have been going much smoother since implementing weekly replies, so I don't want to change it. While you may be disappointed with my stance, I hope you can understand why I implemented it.

Thanks for writing!

Cheers!
Dan Berger
Mirage Studios' Official Web Dude
http://www.ninjaturtles.com

Guess what? I got my hopes up too high. Oh well. *sneaky grin* I'll find some way to traffic TMNT fans to true.mnt@live.com.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Oh well. xP

It's probably not his choice, but Mirage Studios.
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Yeah. *sigh*

That still doesn't stop me from keeping up my contact with the real turtles. *stiffles laugh*

Now I just got to spread their word around.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:59 pm

LET THEIR VOICES BE HEARD!

*raises arms*
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:47 pm

*smile*

Yes.

So, um, yeah. Email the turtles at true.mnt@live.com. Let them be heard.
Back to top Go down
Xile

Xile

Male
Number of posts : 2402
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : TMNT (All Four)
Shells : 28
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:30 pm

...*#$*#@@* I'VE GONE THROUGH A HELL!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dawnoftheninja.com/blog/
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:56 pm

*snort/laugh* <--I need to name that something.

Sucks to be you!
Back to top Go down
Xile

Xile

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Well...sucks to be in the country sometimes Razz
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Sometimes. I live in the country-ish. It's definately not the city, and I have a corn field surrounding two sides of our property. My class is like 1,000 people, though.
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:12 am

1000 people? o.o
Back to top Go down
Xile

Xile

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:10 am

Now that I'm back on...I'm bored AGAIN <.<
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 am

D: I'm sort of averagely bored, but I will be as bored as shell when school starts. 〒-〒 Bleck, school.
Back to top Go down
Xile

Xile

Male
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:24 am

T_T this is my last week of Summer vacation...Sad
Back to top Go down
Livi

Livi

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 am

I start school next Thursday. :C

Well, I had a sort of nice summer. >.>
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 am

No, methinks a thousand is too much.

Anyway, I need help. *laugh* Um, I'm role playing with Viruses on AB, and I can't control my inner child. I've gone ninja-like, so that's keeping the me in line, but . . . the me fell for Flash. *breaks into hysterical laughter*

I cried happy tears. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boring Thread #3   Boring Thread #3 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boring Thread #3
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next