TMNT-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to 6037 day old Forum, with 748 users!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Angels and Demons

Go down 
+4
tsukeru
Katniss
mcazevedo
Leo'sGirl
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Number of posts : 1047
Warning Level :
Angels and Demons - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Angels and Demons - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Leo, obviously. But I love all of them <3
Shells : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Angels and Demons - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Chapter 19: Behind Every Action There Lies a Reason

“Oh my…really Leo, it’s ok!”

“Then why do I feel so dirty?”

“Sweetie, it was an accident.” Evelyn reassured Leo, grabbing his hand. They were both sitting in the kitchen. “This is one of the reasons I love you. You have such strong morals.”

“I still feel bad.” He muttered, looking at the ground.

“I know how you can make it up to me.” She smiled.

“How?”

“Say Queen is better than Jack Johnson.”

Leo laughed. “Queen’s the best.”

“See? Now we’re even.”

“Yeah I guess…” He sighed, rubbing his temples.

“Is there something else bothering you? Because you still seem upset…” She asked, concerned.

“It’s just, why didn’t you tell me about how you were feeling instead of bottling it up?” He replied in a rush.

Evelyn’s eyes widened, slightly taken aback by the question. She sighed, chewing her lip. “If I do tell someone, I might not be able to hold back my dark magic because I’m dwelling on negative emotions too much.”

“I understand, but you have to try. Please, for me?”
Evelyn looked at him for several moments before shaking her head. “No. I can’t.” She whispered, looking down.

“Why not? Don’t you…don’t you trust me enough?” Leo asked, slightly hurt.

“Leo, I’d trust you with my life, with my sister’s life even!” She replied in a panicked voice, afraid she’d given him the wrong impression.

“Then why? I don’t understand.”

“I’m trying to protect you! Don’t you get it?!” She exclaimed, her voice rising. “I’m already putting you in danger every day! I’m putting everyone in danger, and that’s just by being around you guys! If I were to let you in, to vent my emotions to you, I’d never forgive myself! I don’t know if I could stop myself from transforming and hurting someone!”

“You need to trust yourself more. I know you can control yourself. And what happens when your emotions explode like they did earlier? This time it was sadness, what if next time it’s anger?”

“I don’t know, ok?! I don’t know!” She screamed, starting to lose it.

Leo took a step back, realizing that was exactly what was happening now.

Evelyn’s eyes widened, realizing she was losing control of her anger. “I-I just need something to hit.” She muttered to herself, putting her head in her hands. “J-just something to hit.” She lowered her voice. “I don’t want to do this anymore Leo. I don’t want to feel like this.”

Leo sighed, walking back towards her. “Then tell me what you’re feeling.”

“I-I’m so angry.”

“Why?”

“I’m angry at Shredder, for torturing me physically and Karai emotionally. I’m mad at him for stealing our lives from us. I hate him Leo! You understand right?” She asked a pleading look in her eyes.

“Of course! You have every right to hate him and what he’s done to you! How could I not understand?”

“Hate is a luxury I can’t afford. If it takes root in my heart, I’m more prone to my outbursts. But I can’t help but hate him! He’s a monster! Please! Please tell me it’s ok to hate! Just this once!” She begged, a slightly crazed look in her eyes.

Leo’s eyes widened. He’d never seen her like this before. She seemed…broken almost, but she could never really look broken to him. That was impossible. He walked over to her and put his arms around her. “You can hate him. It’s ok.” He whispered in her ear.

“Can…can I hate myself too?” She asked, finally meeting his gaze.

“Why would you hate yourself?”

“Because I’m putting all of you in danger.” She chewed her lip.

“I don’t want you to feel like that anymore, ok? I trust you.”

She sighed, hugging him. “You know, I actually feel better. A lot better.”

“Good.” He smiled.

Evelyn cleared her throat, pulling away so she could see him better. “So, now that we’ve gotten all of this emotional stuff out of the way…what do you want to talk about?”

Leo smiled. “I’ve been thinking. You can control water, fire, earth, and air through magic right?”

Evelyn nodded.

“What about metal?”

“What about it?”

“Well, metal is also considered an element. Can you control it too?”

“I’ve tried before. I can’t seem to get a feel for it. Of course, it’s not like I had much time to practice out in the wilderness.” She replied. She thought for a moment before unsheathing her sword and setting it on the kitchen table. “Let’s see…” She put her hands on the steal, getting a feel for the metal. She took a couple of steps back, eyes closed. As she raised her hands, the metal rose with it. She opened her eyes and smiled.

“LEO, WHERE ARE YOU?” Mikey yelled.

Evelyn’s sword clattered back to the table as her concentration was broken.

“Aw, Mikey!” She sighed.

Mikey ran into the kitchen. “Leo! You’ve got to help me!” He begged.

“What is it?” Leo asked, concerned.

“MIKEY!!!!! PREPARE TO DIE!” A voice yelled. A girl with insanely bright red hair sprinted into the kitchen. “WHERE IS HE?” The girl yelled.

“Joi?! What happened to your hair?” Evelyn asked in surprise.

“That monster put dye in my shampoo!” She growled through clenched teeth as she pointed at Mikey.

“EEEP!” Mikey yelped, hiding behind Leo.

Karai walked in, sighing. “I told you not to.”

“I’m sorry! I should have listened to you! Now help me!”

“I think you owe Joi an apology first.”

“I’m sorry Joi! Now don’t kill me!”

“Oh I’m not gonna kill ya.” Joi grinned, her new red hair casting an eerie shadow on her tan complexion. “I’m just gonna tell Raph what you did.”

“Augh! Don’t do THAT!” Mikey begged. “Leo! Help me out here!”

“Sorry Mikey. You can’t undo what you did this time, or even lie and try to hide it for that matter. The evidence is pretty obvious.” He frowned, gesturing to Joi’s hair.

Joi gave Mikey a death glare then walked out of the kitchen, calling “Raph! Come see what your brother did!”

Mikey gulped. “Any advice?”

“Yes.” Leo answered. “Find a really good hiding spot before she finds Raph.”

“WHAT THE SHELL DID HE DO TA YER HAIR?!” Raph’s voice yelled from the training area.

“MIKEY!!!!!”

“Too late.” Karai sighed.

“Ooooohhhhh sheeeell!!!!!!” Mikey screamed, making a b-line for the door that lead to the sewers. “Tell Sensei I’m going up top for a while!” He yelled.

“Oh no ya don’t!” Raph called maliciously, overhearing what Mikey told Leo.

“Wait! Guys!” Leo yelled, running out of the kitchen just in time to watch the doors close.

“Splinter told us not to go topside!” He sighed.

“We should go after them.” Karai suggested.

“What was all of that yelling about?” Doni asked, walking with Angel from his room.

“Mikey put hair dye in Joi’s shampoo.” Evelyn explained.

“Raph’s going to kill him.”

“Speaking of which,” Karai interjected. “Like I suggested before, we should follow them and keep Raph from doing too much damage to Mikey.”

Leo sighed. “Yeah I guess so. I hope Sensei doesn’t get too upset.” Leo sighed, running through the doors.

“I’m coming too!” Joi called. “I want ta see the look on Mikey’s face when Raph catches up with him!”

“I’ll walk with you until we get up top, then I’ve got to help make sure Raph doesn’t completely murder Mikey.” Doni informed Angel.

She laughed. “Completely murder? Is that like mostly dead versus dead dead?” She asked, quoting one of her favorite movies.

“You know what I mean.” Don laughed as he and Angel followed Karai, Evelyn, and Leo out into the sewers.

“C-come on Raph! It was j-just a joke!” Mikey laughed nervously.

Raph, having finally caught up with Mikey on top of a building on Laird Street, laughed. “It’s always a joke with ya Mikey, but certain rules say I gotta at least smack ya upside the head for turnin Joi’s hair that color. Ta be honest, I kinda like it.” He shrugged. “Now come here and take it like a turtle.”

“I think I’ll take it like a chicken and run away, if that’s alright with you!” Mikey yelped as he jumped to the next rooftop.

“Guys!” Leo called, followed by Joi, Karai, Evelyn, and Doni.

Raph whipped around, providing Mikey with a distraction. He silently jumped to the alley below and hid amongst a couple of garbage cans.

“What is it Leo? Can’t ya see I’m tryin ta teach Mikey a lesson?” Raph asked. He looked back towards the general direction Mikey was a couple seconds ago. “See whatcha made me do? Now I’ve lost him!” He sighed.

“Raph, you know we aren’t supposed to be up top right now!”

“Aw come on Leo, ya know Splinter’s just being overprotective again, don’t cha?”

“Sensei said he has a bad feeling about us going to the surface right now. Let’s just grab Mikey and go home, ok?”

Raph sighed. “Fine. He probably went down there.” He gestured to the alley below him.

“This is so boring.” Takeshi sighed. All of the other Foot Ninjas had stopped keeping watch days ago, abandoning all hope they would find the Shredder’s enemies. Takeshi refused to give up though. If the Shredder found out the turtles had been in the sector assigned to his group, he would surely kill them all.

“Karai was hot.” One of Takeshi’s teammates said in Japanese. “Too bad we have to kill her on the spot now for treason.”

“Yeah.” One of them laughed. “Her name means ‘spicy’ for a reason!”

Takeshi rolled his eyes silently. He continued to watch the surrounding buildings diligently. Suddenly, something caught his eye.

“Hisashi,” He called to the leader of his group. “Look!”

The black clad leader turned. “The turtles! And their accomplices! Nice work!” Hisashi smiled. He pushed a button on his com-link. “All sectors, this is sector V. We’ve got them.”

“Mikey, come on out!” Leo called down into the alley. “I have a bad feeling about this.” He muttered, quickly turning. “Shell.” He muttered, seeing roughly twenty Foot Ninjas had crept up behind them.

“Oh thanks guys. I finally come back up and we have to battle Foot goons. Typical.” Mikey rolled his eyes as he reached the top of the fire escape he’d been using to climb back up to the roof.

“Prepare to die!” One of the Foot Ninjas yelled.

“It talks!?” Mikey yelped.

“Moron.” One of the other ninjas sighed. The others groaned.

“What?” The confused ninja asked.

“Baka! You do not talk when you are attacking!” Hisashi moaned, putting his head in his hand not holding a sword.

“New guy?” Raph asked, pointing to the ninja who’d spoken first with the tip of his sai.

Hisashi nodded.

“Let’s give him a quick lesson in what happens when ya Foot punks mess with us turtles, shall we?”

“Raph?” Leo interjected.

“What is it Leo? Can’t ya see I’m tryin ta do some trash talkin here?”

“Look around.”

Raph turned. He was surprised to see that what must have been at least a hundred Foot Ninja had surrounded them in a matter of moments.

He growled. “Bring it on.”

Last edited by Leo'sGirl on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2696443/44TayLo
katanagirl

katanagirl

Female
Number of posts : 290
Warning Level :
Angels and Demons - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Angels and Demons - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Turtle : Monet my pet turtle =)
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:28 am

Wow i love your Writing it so real like i'm almost there watching everything it so amazing
thanks for your beautiful writing and i can't wait for the next chapter
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:18 pm

Aw thank you! You're comments always make my day! Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 20: Murder and Revival

Raph wasted no time. He quickly ran, sias poised, at the nearest ninja.

“No, no, no, no!” Evelyn yelled, putting her hands to her head. “This isn’t happening!”

The ninjas began to charge at the group.

“What do we do?” Mikey asked in panic.

“We stand and fight!” Leo replied.

“But, there are so many!” Karai exclaimed as she blocked an attack by a ninja.

Leo slashed a ninja with his katana. “We can do this!”

Evelyn stood frozen. “This is just a dream. I’ll wake up, and everything will be normal.”

Leo glanced sideways at her. “Evelyn!” He called. She looked sideways at him. “This isn’t just a dream! I need you to focus, please!”

A ninja charged her. She dogged him and quickly elbowed him in the stomach. The ninja groaned as Evelyn punched him upside the head, rendering him unconscious. She glanced back at Leo. “This is real!?” She swore. “Ok I’ll try!” She groaned. “I left one of my swords back at the lair!”

They were now all engaged in battle. Foot Ninja weren’t exactly hard to take out, but the sheer number of them gave the ninjas the upper hand.

Karai, Joi, Evelyn, Mikey, Doni, Raph, and Leo continued to fight the ninjas. They fought for hours, becoming tired and sloppy. Yet, there didn’t seem to be any less ninjas.

“We had a good run guys.” Mikey smiled sadly as he kicked a ninja in the gut.

“Hey, I ain’t…goin down…without a fight.” Raph yelled in-between breaths, knowing it was futile.

“If, if this is the end,” Karai called out. “Michelangelo, I want you to know that you are my best friend, the only person who really understands me, and…I love you!” She smiled sadly, tears blurring her vision slightly. She blinked them away fiercely, a fresh wave of ninjas attacking her. One drew his katana, but she quickly struck him with her tanto before he could react. As she did so, a ninja crept up behind her. He drew his sword and silently stabbed her in the back.

Karai screamed out in pain.

“No!” Mikey cried. An emotion he was entirely unfamiliar with engulfed him. Fury blinded him, casuing him to lash out at any approaching ninja as he made his way towards Karai.

“Raph!” He called gruffly, not sounding like himself at all. “Cover me!”

Raph nodded, jumping through an opening in the bodies of Foot Ninjas and landed by Mikey and Karai. “I got yer back bro!”

Mikey kneeled down next to Karai. She was breathing, but heavily. He grabbed her hand. “I love you too.” He whispered, and kissed her forehead. “I swear I’m going to get you out of this.”

Karai smiled weakly. She suddenly began to cough, a trickle of blood appearing at the corner of her mouth. She closed her eyes, unconscious.

“Karai!” Evelyn screamed. ‘No!’ She thought. ‘My sister will NOT be taken from me! Not while I’m still breathing!’ She violently punched a ninja in the face, then threw down her sword. She took deep, calming breaths. ‘I can’t lose control right now!’ She lifted her hands to the sky, and focused all of her energy on the swords in the ninjas’ hands. They were jerked away from them, rising into the sky. The ninjas looked at each other, confused.
Evelyn screamed, then threw both of her hands towards the ground. The swords redirected themselves towards their owners, piercing them through the heart.

Evelyn fell to the ground. Exhausted by what she had done.

“Holy…”Joi exclaimed, covering her mouth.

“We...We’ve got to get out of here. Before more ninjas come.” Leo muttered, shaken up.

“First we have to get Karai to a hospital.” Mikey replied.

“I don’t think that’s a very good idea Mikey. My guess is that Shredder would anticipate us to have to possibly drop Evelyn, Karai, or Joi off at a hospital if we somehow survived this. He’s probably keeping a close eye on all of the hospitals in New York.”

Mikey nodded realizing Leo was right. Grimacing, he picked Karai up carefully. Leo likewise grabbed Evelyn. The gang ran as fast as they could to the nearest man whole cover, constantly making sure they weren’t being followed. They entered the Lair, all of them panting heavily.

Mikey walked into the living room, carefully laying Karai down on the couch. “Someone call April.” He said evenly.

Raph sat down, his back against the wall. “I got it.” He called dialing April’s number. “April?”

“Nah, it’s Casey. Yo is dis Raph? ‘Cause ya sound like crap man.”

“Yeah. We got inta some trouble up top. Doni’s great at cleanin wounds and everythin, but April’s got more experience with the worse stuff. Is she around?”

“Yeah, I’ll grab her. Worse stuff? You guys ok?”

“Everyone’s ok ‘sides some scratches and maybe a couple broken bones, but Karai…” He glanced towards the couch. Karai was looking paler by the moment. Mikey was sitting next to her, holding her hand. Raph lowered his voice. “I’m not so sure she’s gonna make it.”

“Alright. April’s on her way over. I’m comin too. See ya in a couple minutes.” Casey replied worriedly.

The line went dead. Raph lowered the phone slowly. He sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

Joi sat down next to him. “Are you ok?”

“I’m fine. Just a little scratch on my leg.” He answered, referring to a large gash on the length of his calf.

“You should have Doni look at that. It looks deep.”

“Yeah. Hey, what’s wrong with yer arm?” He asked, gesturing to Joi’s right arm. She was cradling it, and it looked puffy and swollen.

“Stupid Foot Ninja punched me in the arm. I think it’s broken.”

“Let me go grab Don. He can at least tell if it’s broken. April can set it and stuff for ya when she gets here.” He said, standing up. Don was sitting by Mikey, examining Karai.

“How is she?” Raph asked.

Doni sighed. “Not good. I think she’s losing a lot of blood.”

Raph sighed. He turned to look at Mikey who was staring stone faced down at Karai. “Mikey?”
Mikey didn’t respond.

'If Mikey isn’t talkin, then he's definitely extremely upset. It's better ta leave him alone right now.' Raph reasoned. He turned to Doni. “Can ya take a look at Joi’s arm for me? She thinks its broke.”

“Of course. I should get some bandages for that cut on your leg. What about you Mikey? Are you ok?”

“Fine.” He replied stiffly.

“Alright. What about you Leo?”

Leo looked over at Doni. He was sitting down by Evelyn, who he’d put on the arm chair next to the couch. She was still sleeping.

“What?” He asked.

“Are you ok?”

“I just messed up my ankle. Besides that I’m fine.” He sighed, putting his head in his hand.

“How are we going to explain this to Master Splinter?”

“Explain what to me my son?” Splinter asked as he walked into the living room. His eyes widened in shock at the shape his students were in. “What…Explain.”

“It’s my fault.” Mikey answered gruffly. He was still staring stone faced at Karai. Everyone was slightly taken aback at Mikey’s sudden willingness to talk. “I pulled a stupid prank and because of that we all went up top and got attacked by Foot Ninjas.”

“Mikey, it’s not your fault.” Leo told him.

“Yes it is. If I hadn’t put dye in Joi’s hair, Raph wouldn’t have chased me up top and you guys wouldn’t have followed.”

“He would have gotten us some other way Mikey.” Raph interjected.

“You don’t know that.” He half whispered.

Splinter looked down at the ground and sighed. “Besides Ms. Karai, is everyone else alright?”

“We’ll live.” Raph shrugged. “And April’s on her way over.”

“Good. Now all we can do is wait.”

Leo stood up. “Evelyn.” She shook her gently. “Wake up.”

“What are you doing?! Don’t wake her up!” Don cried.

“Why not? If Karai's lost a lot of blood, she'll need a blood transfusion, and Evelyn is the only person who might know her blood type.”

“Because! She’s crazy! Leo, she killed at least a hundred people!”

Leo folded his arms, looking down at the ground. “The only reason we’re standing here right now is because of what she did. I’ll admit she’s a little…emotionally unstable right now. But can you blame her after everything she’s been through?”

“That still doesn’t give her a right to go on a killing spree! I don’t know what could possess someone to kill!”

“I can.”

Doni stared at him in shock.

“Evelyn and I are very similar. She burdens herself the way I used to. I became so angry I hurt Master Splinter.” He glanced at his sensei, then looked back at the ground and closed his eyes. He was still very ashamed at what he’d done. “If I hadn’t left, who knows what I would have done. I had help, she hasn’t.”

“But still! There were other options!”

“Like what? Stand and fight? Karai was dying Doni! If one of you were dying, I would have done the exact same thing if that’s what it took to guarantee your survival.”

Don looked at him skeptically. “You’d give up your good name, your honor?”

“Your lives are more important to me then my, or anyone else’s, honor.”

“I woulda done the same thing too, Doni.” Raph interjected.

Doni looked at the ground. He sighed. “I understand. But I still don’t think what she did was right. We injure ninjas enough to knock them out, but never kill.”

“Guys! Are you ok?” April cried as she ran through the entrance to the Lair and towards the living room. Casey followed behind her carrying a bag of medical supplies.

“We’re fine April, but Karai’s not.” Raph answered.

“Liar! You guys are a wreck!” April sighed sadly. She walked over to Mikey. “May I?”
Mikey looked at her for a moment before begrudgingly moving out of the way. April examined Karai’s wound for several moments. “Well the bleeding has stopped. Now we need to stitch it up and give her a blood transfusion. Fortunately, Don should have everything needed for that in his lab. Does anyone know her blood type?”

Leo began to shake Evelyn awake again. “Huh what!” She called, sitting straight up.
“What…where’s Karai?!” She asked Leo in a scared voice.

“She’s right here. She’ll be fine, but we need to know her blood type. “

“AB positive.” She answered.

“I’m the same, so that’s a relief.” April sighed. Stitching up the wound, she then gave Doni a list of things she needed for the transfusion.

As soon as Don came back she set to work. After drawing some of her own blood she began the transfusion.

Slowly, Karai’s complexion began to regain color.

“Now she needs rest.” April sighed, the last of the blood entering Karai’s system.
Mikey nodded.

April gave Mikey a reassuring pat on the arm then stood up. “Ok. Who else is hurt?”

“Joi’s arm is broken.” Raph replied, pointing towards Joi who was standing next to him.

“Might be broken.” Joi said indignantly.

April walked over to her. “Yep, that’s broken for sure. Casey, can you grab me my bag?”

“Yeah hang on.” Casey replied. He gave April the bag then sat down in the middle of the floor next to Raph. Now that the adrenalin was wearing off, wounds were starting to hurt and everyone was overcome with fatigue.

“How ya holdin up man?” Casey asked.

“I’m ok.” Raph yawned. “Really tired, and now my legs startin to hurt like shell.”

“I am going to make tea.” Master Splinter announced. He always drank tea when he was nervous. “Whoever wants some may help themselves.”

“There.” April announced. She’d finished setting and wrapping Joi’s arm in a sling. “Here’s some pain medication. It will probably knock you out though.” She warned.

“Thanks.” Joi smiled, dry-swallowing the pills.

“Who’s next?” April asked.

Casey stared at Raph expectantly. When he didn’t say anything, he decided to speak for him.

“Raph hurt his leg.”

Raph gave him a glare. “It’s not that bad.”

“Ya just said it hurt like shell didn’t ya?”

“Bonehead.” Raph muttered under his breath.

Casey grinned.

April walked over to Raph and disinfected his calf, then wrapped it in bandages. Joi walked over too. She sat down next to Raph, resting her head on him. After a couple of moments she began to snore lightly.

“Ok your next Doni!”

“I’m ok.”

“I saw the gash on your arm. It’ll only take a second for me to disinfect it.”

Doni sighed. He walked over to where April, Joi, Raph, and Casey were sitting.
Both Mikey and Evelyn were staring at Karai, praying she’d wake up. Once April had left, Mikey had moved back to her side.

‘As long as she’s breathing she’ll be fine.’ He kept telling himself, watching her chest fall and rise unevenly.

Evelyn was still on the armchair. She was hugging her knees to her chest. ‘Come on Kiki. Wake up. Please.’ She cried silently.

Leo stared at Karai, Evelyn, and Mikey sadly. He stood unsteadily on his feet, trying to put as little pressure on his right ankle as possible. He put a hand on Evelyn’s shoulder.

She looked up at him with a confused expression.

“She’s going to be ok you know.” He said, looking at both Evelyn and Mikey.

Mikey didn’t say anything.

Evelyn nodded, not convinced.

He sighed. “Are either of you hurt?”

“I already said I was fine.” Mikey answered stiffly.

“I’m aright too.” Evelyn replied. “Just a little cut by my eye.” She said, brushing away her hair so Leo could see. The wound had long since stopped bleeding, and already seemed partly healed. “It’s small, and I’ll bet my magic has already started healing it.”

Leo nodded and squeezed her shoulder. He sat back down slowly, trying not to hurt his ankle which was now killing him.

“You’re next Leo!” April called, taking notice.

“I’m fine April.”

“If you’re fine, then prove it. Walk over here without limping.”

Leo sighed. “Fine you win.”

April grinned slightly in triumph. She walked over to him and quickly examined his ankle.

“You fractured it.” She said, getting out bandages.

“Thanks April. We owe you.”

“No problem. There.” She sighed. “Now everyone’s taken care of.” She glanced back at Karai, looking worried.

“What’s wrong?”

April lowered her voice so only Leo could hear. “She should have woken up by now.”

“Is it just me or does she look pale again?” Leo asked, suddenly very worried. Something wasn’t right.

Karai began to cough up blood, suddenly gasping for air.

“She must have internal bleeding!” April yelled. She quickly jumped to her feet and ran to Karai’s side.

“April, do something!” Mikey yelled.

“There’s nothing I can do Mikey!” April replied, starting to cry as she watched Karai now start to hyperventilate in an attempt for air. “Even if I knew how to perform the surgery, I couldn’t do it in time to save her!”

“Move!” Evelyn demanded, running over to her sister like a crazy person. April did so, slightly shocked by Evelyn’s actions. She put both hands on Karai’s wound and concentrated. A white glow emanated from her hands and spread to Karai.

“Focus!” She muttered to herself. “Focus…” In her mind’s eye, she could see her sister’s injury. The ninja’s sword had nicked Karai’s lungs, which were slowly being filled with blood. Evelyn used her elemental magic to force the blood back outside Karia’s lungs and then imagined the small tear slowly healing itself, becoming smaller and smaller until it was gone altogether. Evelyn opened her eyes. Karai was breathing normally. She took a step back, but stumbled from exhaustion.

“What did you do?” Mikey asked softly.

“Healing. Uh oh…” She was so tired she felt nauseous. She got up and ran into the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. She walked out, seeing stars. “If it’s ok with you guys, I’m gonna take a nap…” She muttered, passing out.

*Editor’s Note: Plasma, which makes up 55% of blood, is 90% water, which is why Evelyn is able to control it.
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel4000

FallenAngel4000

Number of posts : 2160
Location : somewhere but nowhere i can easily lose myself but am i lost or just not found
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : ^~^

ALL OF 'DEM!!!!
Shells : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:20 am

whoa this is amazing this. is. amazing you are amazing you write like wow I'm speechless
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Number of posts : 7905
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that don´t know a bit of Geography, Lisbon´s the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : It´s very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because he´s not what he appears to be, he´s actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because he´s got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:42 am

Ah...she can control blood...just like in that Avatar episode...cool! Bodacious chapter! Keep going!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mcazevedo
katanagirl

katanagirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 am

wow again i have nothing to say but i don't think i can my jaw is on the floor in amazement Wink
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Thank you everyone! I'm so glad you all enjoy my mind's crazy imaginings! Big grin I'm sorry posts haven't been as recent as I'd like. Things have been a little crazy lately, but I'm hoping I'll be able to write more and update faster in the future.

Chapter 21: The Clash

“That’s twice in one day she’s passed out.” Raph commented.

“She’ll be losing brain cells by the second if she keeps this up.” Mikey half joked. Now that Karai was stable he almost felt like his old self again…almost.

“So what, are you just gonna leave her there?” Joi asked, adrenaline still coursing through her veins.

“Casey, can you pick her up and put her on the couch? I don’t want the guys to lift her.” April asked.

“Why not?” Raph asked indignantly.

“Because you all need to rest.”

“Yeah Raphy, ya guys leave this ta the big boys.” Casey grinned, doing as April told him.

“Ah shut up.”

“Mr. Jones,” Master Splinter addressed Casey.

“Yeah?”

“If it is ok with you, I think it would be wise to stay at your farmhouse for a while.”

“Yeah of course. Stayin at the farmhouse after a fight is startin to become a tradition or somethin.”

“Thank you. When Shredder finds out his ninja have failed, he will probably start to patrol the sewers. The sooner we leave, the better.”

“Casey and I will go pack. We’ll meet you in the alley with the Battle Shell.”

“It might be wiser to use your truck with the trailer attached to it Mr. Jones. Shredder may recognize the Battle Shell.”

“Yeah ok. We’ll still meet you by the Battle Shell, but with the truck.” Casey agreed. He and April started to leave.

“And call me if Karai shows even the slightest signs of trouble!” April called.

“K. Thanks again April.” Leo replied as Casey and April left.

Karai woke up in the backseat of a truck, much to her confusion. She felt exhausted, and the last thing she could remember was Mikey’s face. Hadn’t they had a battle before that? And she knew she had passed out somewhere along the way. She sat up, suddenly becoming very light headed and very aware of a sharp pain in her back. She groaned, lying back down and shutting her eyes tightly until the dizziness subsided, though the pain didn’t leave.

April peeked over the passenger seat at her. “Are you awake?”

“Yes.” She replied softly.

“Good.” April smiled, sighing with relief. She quickly took out her cell phone and dialed Mikey’s number. “She’s awake!” She exclaimed into the phone. “Uh huh. Ok hang on.” She held out the phone to Karai. “He wants to talk to you.”

Karai weakly grabbed the phone, still lying down. “Hello?”

“Karai!!! Oh thank God you’re alive! I was so worried.”

“Mikey? Where am I?”

“We’re going to Casey’s farmhouse.”

“Well technically it’s his grandma’s.” Raph put in.

Mikey could be seen rolling his eyes on the other end. “How are you?”

“My back hurts, and I feel dizzy.” She muttered.

“Ask April if she has any pain pills.”

“Mikey says to ask you for pain medication.” Karai informed April.

“I do. I’ll give you some as soon as you’re done talking. I’d give them to you know, but they’ll probably put you to sleep.” April answered.

“Thanks.” She yawned. “Where are you?” She asked into the cellphone.

“April and Casey have a trailer hooked up to the back of their truck. The rest of us are in it. You should rest. We’ll be at Casey’s-

“Casey’s grandma’s!” Raph interrupted again.

“-Casey’s grandma’s soon.” Mikey finished, putting extra emphasis on the first two words, obviously getting annoyed.

“Mmhmm.” Karai sighed, starting to fall asleep again.

“Ok. Well…uh…bye…” Mikey mumbled, hanging up the phone.

Karai brought the phone from her ear, and limply handed it back to April who was watching her, a smile on her face and something in her hand.

“Here are the pills.”

Karai took them and dry-swallowed them. The next thing she knew, she was asleep again.

“It’s c-cold!” Mikey shivered, even though he was wrapped in a blanket. Everyone was spread out in the trailer of Casey and April’s truck. They’d brought a couple of blankets for the trip, remembering the last time they went to the farmhouse towards winter. Everyone was trying to keep warm, except for Master Splinter who was meditating quietly.

“I’m not!” Raph smiled happily. He and Joi were sharing a blanket. “I got a warm blooded woman ta keep me nice and toasty!”

Joi smiled slightly. “You are kinda making me cold though.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s ok. I’ve always wondered, are you cold blooded?” Joi asked curiously.

“I don’t know. I don’t think so, but I we all get cold easy so who knows.” Raph shrugged.

“Wait, I thought Doni said we were?” Leo asked.

“Well, actually, we’re neither.” Doni answered.

Mikey stared at him, confused. “Say what?”

“Turtles are normally cold blooded, but our mutation changed our genes to more closely resemble that of a human’s. So while our bodies are able to control our body temperature, we cool off faster when we aren’t active than warm blooded animals usually do. We’re very similar to bats in that respect, actually.”

“So basically, we’re warm blooded but cool down fast?” Mikey asked.

“Exactly!” Doni replied, somewhat surprised Mikey actually understood what he was talking about.

“Huh.” Mikey said thoughtfully.

Leo peeked over at Evelyn. She was lying down, covered with a blanket. Once she’d woken up after she passed out in the Lair, she’d simply nodded and went to pack when they told her they were going to Casey’s farmhouse. And when they first got into the truck, she sat stock still staring off into space until Mikey told her Karai was awake and he’d talked to her a couple minutes ago. Leo had figured once she knew Karai was ok, she’d snap out of it. Relief had washed over her face and she’d gotten up and grabbed a blanket, then laid down with it around her. He’d gone to check on her, but she wasn’t asleep. She was still staring off into space.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He had asked.

She had only shaken her head.

Leo sighed, coming back to the present.

Raph caught his sigh. “Go talk ta her.” He said, guessing why he was upset.

“I already tried.”

“Try again. And don’t give up so easily.” Joi insisted.

“Well…ok.” Leo said uncertainly. He got up and walked over to where Evelyn was. He sat there for a moment, before saying quietly “Please talk to me.”

She remained silent, not looking at him.

“You told me talking to me helped you feel better, remember?” He chided her.

She lifted her head, looking up at him. “I-I killed people.” She whispered, starting to cry.

Leo rested a hand on her back. “You had to, to protect your sister.”

“But I still killed people. I’m a murderer Leo.” She said, the tears starting to really come.

“Murder is when you kill without a reason. You had a reason.”

“Oh great! I’m just a killer. That makes me feel so much better.” She said sarcastically.

Leo groaned. “You know what I mean.”

“No, no I don’t!” She sat up, voice rising. “You don’t get it. I didn’t do that so much by choice, as by instinct.”

“What do you mean?”

“Leo, I didn’t have a choice! It was my elemental magic ok? Remember how I said it was my instincts?”

“So? Your instincts work. They kept all of us alive.”

“See? I was right. You DON’T get it!”

“Then help me get it!” Leo asked, starting to feel exasperated.

“I can’t control my elemental magic enough to keep from killing people, just like I can’t control my dark magic. At least with my dark magic my anger is short lived enough to keep me from hurting anyone too much. Besides, it’s not really a part of me, not naturally anyway. But my elemental magic…”

“Your elemental magic IS part of who you are.” Leo finished for her, understanding now.

“Yeah. And now…now bloodshed is too.” She paused for a moment. “When we get back to New York, I-I’m leaving.”

“Wait…what?” Leo asked, stunned.

“I was selfish exposing all of you to my dark magic for so long, and now that I know my elemental magic is out of my control too…”

“No, no you can’t leave…” Leo shook his head.

“I have to Leo. To protect you, Karai, Master Splinter, to protect everyone.”

“We can work through this. I trust you! You won’t hurt any of us!”

“But what if I do? I can’t run that risk!”

“Please!” He grabbed both of her hands. “Please, I’m begging you. Don’t leave.”

She looked down at the ground. “I-I’ll think about it.”

He let go of her hands, knowing that was the best he was going to get out of her.

“D-don’t let go.” Evelyn chewed her lip, grabbing his hand again.

He put his arm around her, hugging her tightly. “As long as you’re here to hang on to, I’ll never let go.”

“That was romantic…and corny.” She smiled slightly through tears. “But mostly romantic.” She whispered quietly. She cried silently, her mind telling her she needed to leave, but everything else telling her to stay. ‘I bet the Clash weren’t thinking of something like this when they wrote ‘Should I Stay or Should I Go” She sighed to herself. ‘But that’s exactly what I need to know right now.’

The trailer stopped suddenly, causing Master Splinter to come out of his meditation. Everyone looked towards the opening, waiting for is to open.

As Casey opened the trailer door, light flooded in, blinding them.

‘Déjà vu.’ Leo thought to himself.

One by one they hopped out, each shielding their eyes from the sun, but this time, from the sun glistening off the pure white snow surrounding them and the farmhouse.

Mikey scrambled to the front part of the truck, throwing open the door. He saw Karai sleeping in the back seat. Smiling, he picked her up and began to carry her inside.

“Cold, cold, COLD, COLD!!!” Doni yelped running in the house as fast as possible.

“Doni, I thought Mikey as the screaming idiot of the family!” Raph called.

“You know, sometimes I wish we had more than five fingers. Then I’d be open to so many more ways of responding to comments like that!” Doni called from as he ran inside.

“I think Doni just said he wanted to flip me off…” Raph said, thinking out loud.

“Come on.” Joi laughed, leading him inside.

Evelyn watched as one by one everyone else walked in to the farm house. She couldn’t endanger them with her presence. She’d never be able to live with herself.

“Are you coming?” Leo smiled, offering her his hand.

She looked at him, that fluttery feeling in her chest when she looked, heard, or even thought about him acting up again. She took his hand, smiling. “Yeah I’m coming.”

‘For now.’ She added silently in her mind.
Back to top Go down
katanagirl

katanagirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:24 pm

*in mikey whining voice* what! noooooooo evelen can't leave don't make her leave Leos girl *cries like a baby* i can't stand the suspence *then stands up and brushe self off* well if i have too then i can't wait too see the next chapter *smiles happily slightly embarrased by all the comotion*
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Location : I live in Lisbon. (For the people that don´t know a bit of Geography, Lisbon´s the capital of Portugal)
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : It´s very hard to choose cause they all have different personalities. Leo because he cares about his family more than anything else. Raph because he´s not what he appears to be, he´s actually a nice person (or should I say turtle?). Don is the most sensitive and intelligent of the 4 and, who could forget about Mikey? I love him because he´s got a free spirit and can put everyone LOL, even in danger situations.

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:14 am

I'm with katanagirl!

Oh...the suspense...

Back to top Go down
katanagirl

katanagirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:50 am

i can't take the suspence *faints
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Haha! Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long, especially after such a suspenseful moment! By the way, are you ok katanagirl? Wink

So again, there's something you should know before you read. "Honey If You Love Me" is a game where you try to get another person to smile by saying “Honey, if you love me, will you please, please smile?” and the other person has to reply (without smiling), “Honey, I love you, but I just can’t smile.” Anyway, the point is one person is not able to do what the other person wants even though they love them. (But every once in a while, they can and will “smile”.)

Chapter 22: Honey, If You Love Me

“If you love me, you’ll stay.” Leo whispered softly in Evelyn’s ear as they sat on the couch in the old farmhouse.

Everyone had gone inside quickly after they’d arrived, not having brought much to unpack. Three weeks had passed, and Christmas was fast approaching. Now that everyone was starting to heal, and it was likely Shredder’s Foot Ninjas would now only be monitoring rooftops, they were all planning on going back to New York in the next few weeks. That being said, Evelyn couldn’t help but become more stressed about whether or not she should leave, and the conversation she and Leo had been having a lot lately had popped up again.

“You aren’t making this any easier by blackmailing me, Leo.” Evelyn sighed, pulling away from him.

“I know, and I’m sorry. But right now I’ll say anything if means you won’t leave.”

“But that’s just it. If I love you, I should leave.”

“Then don’t love me.”

“But I do! There’s nothing I can do to change that.” She insisted.

“Is there anything I can do to make you stay?”

“I-I don’t think so.” She muttered quietly. “I’m so torn right now, Leo.” She laid her head on him.

Leo’s spirits lifted slightly. He’d been so convinced she’d made up her mind, but lately she hadn’t been able to hide her conflictions. Evelyn had been purposely trying to hide her indecisiveness from Leo to keep his hopes from getting high, the way they were now.

“Then don’t leave. At least, not until you’re one hundred percent sure it’s the right thing to do.”

She stared into space for a while, mulling over his proposition. “Fine.” She sighed. “That seems reasonable.”

Leo’s face broke out into a grin. He hugged her tightly.

“Just remember, don’t tell anyone about this, especially Kari. I don’t want to worry her.” Evelyn reminded him as she broke away from his embrace.

“I won’t, I promise.”

“Thanks.” She smiled slightly.

Raph walked out from the kitchen and into the living room, sighing. “Ya know Mikey hasn’t pulled one prank while we’ve been here?” He informed Leo.

“Yes. It’s starting to worry me.”

“It’s almost like ever since Karai got hurt he’s been more serious.”

“Well, he was very upset. Remember how he hid having broken ribs from us until we got here? And even then we didn’t figure it out until Casey elbowed him in the chest and he collapsed for a few seconds. I think he still blames himself for the whole incident with the ninjas. He believes his prank on Joi was what started it, and that’s why he isn’t joking around anymore.”

“Yeah yer probably right. So how are we gonna fix it?”

“We talk to him.”

“And if that doesn’t work?”

“Then have Karai talk to him.” Evelyn suggested.

Leo nodded.

“Alright, let’s go find him.” Raph replied.

“I don’t really feel like it right now.” Mikey sighed.

“Mikey, you never feel like doing anything anymore.” Karai pleaded, holding a video game controller out to him.

Mikey stared at her for a moment, arms crossed while he sat on the couch upstairs in the attic. He shook his head.

Karai sighed. She sat down next to him and flinched slightly as the wound on her back touched the soft polymer of the couch.

Mikey looked down at the floor as he cringed slightly.

“You do not joke, you do not prank, you do not even talk very much anymore!” She said exasperatedly, having recovered. “What is wrong?”

“I don’t know.”

“Yes you do. You are just not telling me!”

Mikey sighed but didn’t answer.

“Mikey, I thought you said you loved me.” Karai whispered.

He looked at her, startled. “I do love you!” He exclaimed.

“If you loved me, you would talk to me.”

“That’s not fair!” Mikey protested.

“What is not fair is you saying you love me and trust me, then not telling me what you are thinking.”

“I’m fine! Ok? I’m fine!” He cried, looking away.

She groaned in exasperation. “See? Right there! You proved my point! If you were really fine you would not have yelled like that!”

“I know. I know. I-I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” He whispered, stroking her back around her healing wound.

Karai looked at him for a moment. “Is that what this is about? Mikey!” She said sternly. “You stop feeling bad about what happened and you stop right now!” She demanded.

He stared at her, stunned. “B-but it’s my fault.”

“Dang it Michelangelo! It is not your fault! It would have happened anyway and you know that!”

“That’s not the point! The point is the reason it did happen was because of me and my stupid pranks!”

“That is part of who you are, Mikey. Never deny that.”

“Maybe…maybe you’re right.” He admitted.

She gave him a hug. “You know I am.”

“Alright.” He sighed, letting all his guilt and worry leave him. “You know what this means…” He grabbed a game remote. “I challenge you!”

“You are so getting your ‘butt kicked’ as they say.” She smirked.

Just then, Evelyn, Raph, and Leo walked upstairs.

“Mikey, we need ta talk.” Raph said. He suddenly realized Mikey was grinning for the first time in weeks, and to top it all off, playing video games.

“’Bout what, Raphy boy?”

Raph cringed. “Mikey.” He said in warning.

"Guess Karai beat us to it." Evelyn smiled.

Mikey laughed. “Am I annoying you? Oh yeah! Beat that!” He yelled in triumph as he beat Karai at the game they were playing.

“That is the Mikey I know and love!” Karai tackled him in a bear hug.

“Ow ow ow ouch!” He yelled. “Hey! My ribs are still broken you know!” He laughed.

“Oops!” She exclaimed. She quickly sat up.

“And you shouldn’t be rough housing either.” Evelyn said sternly, but smiling. “I don’t want you to reopen your back.”

“You worry too much!”

Evelyn raised her eyebrow.

“Admit it, you do.” Karai stated matter of fact-ly.

‘Am I just worrying to much? Should I stay?’ She rolled her eyes, afraid they’d betray her. “Ah shut up.” She said, annoyed at herself for her conflictions. She turned around and went downstairs.

“What is wrong with her?” Karai asked worriedly.

“Uh nothing!” Leo said quickly. “I’ll be downstairs!” He yelled, walking as fast as his healing ankle would allow.

“What’s up with him?” Mikey asked.

“I’m not sure…” Raph said curiously. “I’m gonna go see.”

Mikey shrugged and went back to playing video games.

“Yo Leo!” Raph called as he went downstairs.

“You should just tell her.” Leo’s voice echoed up the stairs.

“Why don’t you tell her? You seem so intent on making her worry!” Evelyn shot back.

“Calm down. I’m just saying she has a right to know you’re thinking about leaving.”

“I know.” She sighed. “But I can’t do that to her.”

Raph walked into the kitchen.

Leo and Evelyn stopped talking suddenly and turned towards Raph.

“Umm…” Leo muttered.

“Yer leavin?” Raph asked Evelyn.

“Dang it Leo!” Evelyn growled. She punched him in the arm then stalked off to the room she and Karai were sharing.

Leo rubbed his arm. “How is this my fault?” He called after her.

“Did ya bring it up?” Raph asked.

“Well, yes, but we were both talking about it when you walked in.”

“And she obviously didn’t want anyone but ya ta know right? So in her mind it’s yer fault for bringin it up in the first place. Anyways, where’s she leavin ta?”

Leo sighed. “I don’t know.”

“Do ya know why’s she leavin?”

“She thinks she’s dangerous.” Leo replied. He sat down at the kitchen table and put his head in his hands. “I don’t know how to convince her to stay.

“She’s like you. Once she’s made up her mind, it isn’t gonna change easily.”

“Well, she hasn’t really made a decision yet.” Leo admitted.

“Then show her all the reasons she should stay before she does.”

“I’ve been trying. I’ve been reminded her she’d be leaving Karai, April, Master Splinter…me. But nothing seems to help.”

“I’m sure yer more convincin than ya realize. Girls are really good at hidin their emotions.”

“I know you’ve had a girlfriend longer than I have and, but really, how do you know so much about girls?”

Raph shrugged. “I watched a lota TV?” He suggested.

“Maybe…”

They both turned as they heard the front door open. They walked into the living room to see Casey, April, and Joi walk in from outside, all carrying groceries in each hand, except for Joi who had only one since her right arm was still healing.

“Wait, YOU were the one who gave Mikey hair dye?!” Joi asked Casey.

“Hey, I didn’t know what he was gonna do with it!”

Joi took a deep breath. “Casey, I’m going to explain this as simply as possible. He…doesn’t…have…hair! What did you think he was going to use it for?”

“Uh….I didn’t think it through?” He offered.

“Good answer.”

April sighed. “Casey really? As soon as we get back I’ll take you to my hair dresser and we’ll dye it back to normal, ok Joi?”

Joi smiled. “Thanks April.”

Leo elbowed Raph.

“What?”

He rolled his eyes. “For knowing more about girls than I do, you aren’t very good at the basics.” He grabbed the grocery bags from April.

“Thanks.” April smiled

“Oh right!” Raph replied. He grabbed the bag from Joi.

“Thank you Raph.” Joi grinned.

“Do you guys think we’ll be home in time for Christmas?” Doni asked randomly as he walked from the room he and Mikey were sharing.

“Not sure.” Leo replied as he walked into the kitchen and set down the groceries on the table, followed by Raph and Casey. “Why do you ask?” He said as he and the others walked back into the living room.

Doni blushed slightly. “Well, I’d like to be able to spend it with Angel.”

Raph smirked. “Yeah we might be home by then. Who knows?”

“Ok. Just wondering…” He mumbled, feeling embarrassed now.

“If it’s really important to you I can talk to Master Splinter. How do you feel about it, April?” Leo asked.

“It’s definitely doable.” She replied.

“Speakin of Master Splinter, where is he?” Raph asked out of the blue.

“He’s in his room planning our lesson for tomorrow. I’ll ask him when he comes out for tea.” Leo informed them.

“That’d be great.” Doni smiled. “Angel and I were just talking, and since Christmas is supposed to be spent with the people most important to you…it seemed like a time the two of us should spend together. Plus…she was joking that if I loved her I’d be there with her. Even though she was joking, she sort of had a point.”

“Aw. Doni’s smitten.” Raph laughed.

“Way to point out the obvious Raph.” Leo half joked.
Doni blushed.

“Lay off Raph.” April demanded. She turned to Don and smiled. “Why don’t you help me make chocolate chip cookies, Doni? I’ll even let you lick the bowl.” April tempted.

“You know I burn everything I cook.”

“That doesn’t mean you can’t get the ingredients out for me.”

“Hey! How come he gets the bowl?” Raph asked.

“Because.” April winked as she ushered Don into the kitchen.

“I hate it when she says that.” Raph complained.

“Hey, ya and me both, buddy.” Casey sighed. “We’ll talk about da weddin and she’ll say she wants ta change somethin. When I ask why, she says ‘because’. But usually that’s when she’s tired and doesn’t want ta explain.” He admitted.

Joi laughed at Casey’s comment. “Wait up April, I’ll help!” She called as she waked into the kitchen.

“Umm…Leo?” Evelyn addressed him shyly as she walked out from the hall leading to the bedrooms.

“Yes?” He asked tentatively. He didn’t want to tick her off again, especially with the stakes so high right now.

“I’m sorry.” She sighed as she walked over towards him.

“It’s ok.” He smiled.

She gave him a hug and took a deep breath.

“Did I miss somethin?” Casey asked, confused.

“They had a bit of a fight.” Raph shrugged. He had always been a better liar than his brothers.

“Whatever. Want ta help me work on my motorcycle?”

“Ya brought yer motorcycle?”

“Nah it was my old man’s. It doesn’t work right though. I’m tryin ta fix it up.”

“Sure why not.” Raph replied. He and Casey walked outside, making their way to the garage.

Evelyn pulled away from Leo to make sure the others were gone. “I shouldn’t have blamed you. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it. I already said it was ok.”

They sat together in silence for a couple of minutes. The soft smell of cookies wafted through the air.

“Is April making cookies?” Evelyn asked suddenly.

“Yeah.” Leo laughed.

“I smell cookies!” Mikey yelled as he scrambled down the stairs.

“Ok, seriously, what is it with you?!” Joi asked as she walked into the living room from the kitchen.

“I already told you, I have a secret super power that lets gives me super hearing and sense of smell. Now where’s the bowl?”

“Doni already ate all of the cookie dough left in it.” Joi smirked. “And with a spoon I might add! The last time I was with you guys, I helped April make cookies and you mauled that bowl! Didn’t even bother to grab a spoon!”

“In my defense, Raph wanted it too! I had to grab it while I could! So there isn’t any cookie dough left at all?”

“No Mikey.” She sighed.

“Guess I’ll have to wait for the cookies then.” Mikey replied miserably.

“Mikey,” Karai called as she walked down the stairs. “Did you find the cookie dough?”

“No, there isn’t any left.” He sighed.

“Oh well. We should return to our game. I am just about to win this time!” She grinned.

“In your dreams!” He laughed as they began to run back up the stairs.

“I am going to un-pause it!” She teased as they disappeared into the room above.

“Joi, if ya really love me, ya won’t tell Mikey when the cookies are done.” Raph grinned.

“You know, I was thinking about doing that already.” She grinned.
Back to top Go down
katanagirl

katanagirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 am

you make me speechless wow! wow! i don't think i can say anything else but wow! and yes i'm fine Wink
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Aw...that last part made me smile...I love this fic so much
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel4000

FallenAngel4000

Location : somewhere but nowhere i can easily lose myself but am i lost or just not found
Warning Level :

ALL OF 'DEM!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:31 pm

i second Mcazevedo! this fan fic is so awesomely radical!
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Good to hear it katanagirl! You had me worried for a second! Thanks you guys! I don't know if you noticed, but I sort of forgot to write that Casey and Raph came back inside because it was cold Anime smile Raph can be in two places at once! Oh my gosh! Eek!
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Ok. So I've developed some writers block Evil but just so you guys know, I haven't given up on this!!!! I know what I want to happen, I'm just having some trouble writing it. Hopefully the stupid writers block will go away soon and chapter 23 will be up soon!
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel4000

FallenAngel4000

Warning Level :

ALL OF 'DEM!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:05 am

wow really fantastic every time i'm up i look and see if you've wrote anymore i really miss reading it!
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:26 am

I'm sorry! I'll try as hard as I can to get through it and update as soon as possible!!!
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:43 pm

It's finally done!!!! I'm soooo sorry for the long wait, but I finally broke my writers block!

I don't own Twilight (and just so everyone knows, I don't like it very much, but I know a lot of people who do and am not biased towards them. So please don't be offended by the anti-Twilight joke in this chapter).

Chapter 23: An Underlying Sadness

“Hi Don. What are you reading?” Evelyn asked as she sat down next to him.

Doni stiffened. “Oh. Uh, nothing much.” He replied, his eyes still on his book.

She looked down at the bottom of the trailer, feeling awkward. She had noticed that lately Doni seemed to be trying to keep his distance from her, and it wasn’t hard for her to guess why. “The trailer sure is cold huh? I wonder if there will be snow on the ground in Manhattan.” She said, trying to make small talk

“Who knows?” He said uninterestedly.

Evelyn sighed. “Doni, I know you’ve been avoiding me.”

Doni looked up from his book, surprised.

“And I understand why.” She said gently.

“It’s nothing personal. I have a hard time with…killing.” He frowned.

She laughed a rough, hardened laugh. “No offense Don, but don’t you think everyone has a hard time with killing?”

“Shredder doesn’t.” He stared at her.

“A-are you comparing me to...?” Evelyn cried in shock.

“No! No. I was only trying to make a point. I don’t think everyone is affected by killing equally.”

“That may be, but know I myself don’t take killing lightly. And if you don’t believe me…” She bit her lip as she lifted the sleeve of her shirt up her right arm. Exposed were her normal scars, accompanied by three horizontal cuts that looked as if they were still healing.

“What happened?” Doni asked in surprise.

She looked at him sadly. “Sometimes you need to look the way you feel, and know a bit of the pain you’ve put others through. Although, I can never really know that until I take my last breathe. And even then, I doubt I can ever atone for my sins.”

Don took a deep breath. “I understand that you regret what you did, but I still don’t know how you were able to do it in the first place.”

She looked at him for a moment then turned to look at Karai, who was sitting next to Mikey. They were taking turns playing his handheld videogame.

Evelyn smiled. “She looks so happy.” She turned back to Doni. “That’s why, I think. My instincts told me to protect her…and the rest of you.”

“So you just…acted on impulse?”

“I’m not going to lie to you, Don. I had no control over what I did. Remember when I told you my elemental magic was instinct? It sometimes takes control and there’s nothing I can do to stop it.”

He looked at her and sighed. “I understand.”

“I’m glad.” She paused for a moment, her face becoming serious. “Let’s keep the ‘cutting’ situation between us, ok? No one needs to know about that, especially Leo.”

Doni’s eyes drifting towards where Leo was sleeping. “I don’t know if I can lie to their faces.”

“You don’t have to lie if you don’t mention it.” She pointed out.

“Alright.” He agreed begrudgingly.

“So, are we friends again?”

“More like siblings.” He smiled.

“Siblings huh? Does that mean I have to drive you crazy?” Evelyn joked.

“Nah, only Mikey does that…well on a daily basis anyway.”

“He isn’t doing much damage right now.”

“That’s because he found his handheld. He left it at the farmhouse last time we were there.”

Evelyn smiled. She looked at Mikey and Karai playing videogames again. Her eyes drifted past where Leo, Raph, and Joi were sleeping, until she saw Master Splinter meditating…again.

“Is it just me, or has Master Splinter been meditating a lot?” She asked curiously.

“I noticed that too. He usually does this when he’s worried about something or has a feeling something bad is going to happen.”

Evelyn looked down at the floor of the trailer, lost in thought.

“Do you know something?” Doni asked somewhat suspiciously.

“Hm? Oh. No. No I don’t know anything.” She replied looking up at him.

“If you say so.” He sighed, not quite believing her.

“Ready to go?” Angel smiled as she entered the Lair.

Four teenage mutant ninja turtles, one teenage ninja girl, and a mutant sensei rat looked over at her from the living room.

Doni blushed slightly. “Y-you look…” He wasn’t sure how to describe her very anime-esq outfit. It consisted of a slightly shorter than knee-length red dress made to resemble “Santa’s” traditional red suit, as well as a Santa-like hat.

Angel giggled at Don’s reaction.

“Most guys would say ‘sexy’, Doni.” Raph smirked.

Master Splinter wacked Raph lightly on his shell with his walking stick. “Do not use such derogatory terms when referring to women my son.”

“Sorry Sensei.” He mumbled.

Joi laughed, wrapping both arms around Raph’s left one. She was wearing a jade green dress that flowed elegantly to about the middle of her calves. It was a dress she set aside for formal occasions. Her upper back was slightly exposed, and the dress wrapped criss-cross once around her neck.

“I thought I’d go a little out of my comfort zone.” Angel smiled. “Although, next year I think I’ll just wear a normal dress. Anyway, are you guys ready to jet?”

Leo smiled slightly. “We’ll be ready to go as soon as Karai and Evelyn are finished getting dressed.”

“What do you mean? I have been ready for ages.” Karai replied, walking over to the group in a sleeveless black dress that stopped just below her knees.

“Where have you been?” Mikey asked curiously.

“Oh, nowhere.” She smirked suspiciously.

“Aw!” Mikey frowned. “I told you not to open we got to April and Casey’s!”

“I could not help it! And I love it by the way! It is wonderful!”

“I’m glad you like it. But you still can’t read it until later.”

She hugged Mikey.

“Wait…if you’ve been in Mikey’s room this whole time…” Leo’s eyes grew wide. He ran upstairs to Evelyn’s room. ‘What if she ran away while we were distracted over getting ready to go to Casey and April’s?’ He thought to himself.

He quickly flung open her door without a second thought. “Evelyn?!”

“Leo?!” She yelped, pressing her dress to her body. She was obviously in the middle of changing. She quickly moved the air around her to make the door shut.

“Oops.” Leo blushed, now staring at Evelyn’s bedroom door.

“You wait there!” She called, annoyed, from the other side of the door. After a moment she opened it, now fully dressed in a knee length, blue A-line dress. “What was that about?!”

“I…I thought you might have…run off.” He mumbled, looking down at the ground.
Evelyn’s eyes softened. “Do you really think I’d do that to you on Christmas Day?”

Leo shrugged. “I’ve told you how I’ll feel if you leave. It won’t matter so much when you do it, but if you do it.”

“Oh come on. It’s almost Christmas. Please stop bringing it up for now. It makes me more whiny and emotional than that girl from Twilight.” She smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

“You’re leaving aren’t you.” He looked up at her, reading her eyes. It wasn’t a question but a statement.

“Right now…that’s what I’m leaning towards.” She admitted. “But who knows. I’ve been changing my mind a lot lately.” She added, giving him a quick hug.

“Fine. But I’m not letting you out of my sight.”

She laughed.

“I’m not kidding.” He said seriously.

“Alright then, if it’ll make you feel better.” She sighed. “We’d better go downstairs.”

The two of them walked towards the living room.

“Dude, you like, totally freaked out.” Mikey said.

“Yeah, I , uh…” Leo stumbled over his words, not sure how to explain his behavior without exposing Evelyn’s secret.

“He forgot I’d asked him to make sure he grabbed his shell-cell.” Evelyn smiled craftily. She winked at Leo.

“Suuuure.” Mikey rolled his eyes, knowing she was lying but not caring enough to question them further. “Are we going or what?”

“Be patient.” Karai smiled.

“Aren’t you going to be cold?” He asked her.

“I have a jacket.” She laughed.

“I guess we’re all ready. Raph, you put all of the presents and stuff in the BattleShell, right?”

“Yeah, yeah it’s all taken care of. Now let’s go.” Raph sighed.

“I do believe it is time.” Master Splinter nodded.

“Finally!” Mikey grinned.

“I’m confused.” Karai frowned, confused as to why April and Casey were wearing their everyday clothes.

“You don’t have to wear them if you don’t want to. It’s just fun for me to be able to go dress shopping with you girls.” April laughed.

“You mean I could have worn sweat pants?” Karai frowned.

Evelyn elbowed her sister. “We appreciate the thought April. We enjoy shopping with you too.”

“I’m glad. And if you don’t want to Karai, Evelyn and I can go by ourselves.” She winked. “Hey, weren’t you going to wear black arm gloves or something?” She suddenly asked Evelyn.

Evelyn looked down at her arms. “Oh yeah.” ‘After Leo walked in on me, I completely forgot.’ She remembered.

“Oh well. You girls both look beautiful.”

Karai smiled. “Thank you April. If you two will excuse me, I’m going to find Mikey.” She informed them, scampering out of the kitchen.

“Huh. She sure was polite.”

“That’s because I reminded her of her manners. She’s become a little too relaxed with them lately.” Evelyn laughed. “I think it’s because she’s finally relaxing for the first time in her life.”

“Well as long as…what’s on your arm?” April suddenly asked.

“Huh?” Evelyn looked down and suddenly remembered why she was going to wear gloves. “Oh. I tripped with a cup in my hand and my arm landed on the shattered pieces.” She fibbed, trying to come up with an explanation for the three healing cuts on her arm.

April stared at her for a moment. “Are you sure that’s what happened? Usually you aren’t that clumsy.”

“You’ve obviously never seen me dance before!” She joked.

April crossed her arms.

Evelyn sighed. “Usually I’m not that bad of a liar.” She frowned.

“It’s easy for me to tell when someone’s lying. That’s what happens when you grow up with an older sister* who’s always up to something, I guess. So what really happened?”

“It’s no big deal. It’s just something I needed to do.” She looked away uncomfortably.

April sighed. “I think I understand why you did it.”

“You do?” She asked in surprise.

“The guys filled me in on what happened that night. I understand why you cut yourself. You wanted your body to express how you are feeling, right? I also understand you did what had to do to save everyone, so stop feeling guilty.”

Evelyn smiled. “Thanks April.”

“You’re welcome. But if I catch you cutting yourself again, I’m going to have to tell the guys.”

“That sounds reasonable.” She nodded. “I’m surprised you could tell. It’s almost gone know and I thought it was pretty hard to see it with all of my other scars.”

“Yes, it is hard to see. To be honest, I’m not sure why I recognized it as new cuts.”

Evelyn shrugged. “Intuition maybe?”

“Probably.” She agreed. “Alright, I’d better finish making dinner.” April smiled.

“Ok. I’ll be out in the living room.”

The rest of the evening went by quickly. After dinner, everyone exchanged gifts. Raph got Joi red hair dye (it turned out she kind of like it that color), and she got him a new punching bag. Mikey got Karai her very own comic, much to her delight. She (of course) got Mikey a video game. Leo gave Evelyn a necklace with the yin symbol (he had the yang symbol to go with it). She’d been working on controlling metal, and was able to make him a sword and scabbard. Angel gave Doni some new test tubes and beakers, and Doni gave her a wallet since she’d lost her old one at school. April and Casey gave the girls gift cards to get things for their rooms, and gave the guys a new DVD player (**Casey had a habit of making theirs mysteriously explode). They also gave Master Splinter a new tea pot and his students gave him a Bonsai tree.

All in all, it was a great Christmas. By the time the turtles, Master Splinter, and the girls left Casey and April’s house, everyone was exhausted. Before they went home, they stopped a street away from Angel’s house and let her out. Her grandma would probably think to question a vehicle as “interesting” as the Battle Shell.

“By guys! Thanks again Doni!” Angel smiled as she climbed out of the car.

“Merry Christmas!” They all called back.

Doni stepped on the gas and began to drive everyone back to the Lair.

“I still can’t believe you bought me hair dye.” Joi told Raph, laughing.

“Hey, ya said ya liked it! And I think it looks good on ya.” He smiled.

“And you owe it all to me!” Mikey grinned.

“How do we owe it all ta you?”

“If I hadn’t put dye in Joi’s shampoo, you guys wouldn’t have ever known red hair looked good on her!”

Joi frowned. “I hate to admit it, but he kind of has a point. But seriously,” She jabbed a finger at Mikey for emphasis. “If you ever mess with my hair again, I swear…”

“Don’t worry! I’ve learned my lesson!” Mikey assured her.

“I doubt it.”

Doni stopped in the alley where they kept the Battle Shell and they all hopped out and descended into the sewers. Once at the Lair, everyone went to sleep.

The next two days passed by normally. Training until three and then talking and in Mikey and Karai’s case, playing video games. Nothing very eventful happened. Until Evelyn decided it was time.

The night of the second day, after she was positive everyone was in a deep sleep, she quietly packed her things and silently crept from her and Karai’s room. She was about to jump to the lower levels, when she remembered the yin necklace Leo had bought for her. It felt cold against her neck, and despite it being a comforting memory of life here with the turtles, Joi, Master Splinter, and Karai, the memories were also too painful to bear. This was the one place she’d ever felt like she truly belonged in. It was selfish to even dream of belonging anywhere because of how dangerous she was, or at least that’s what she told herself. She set her bag down and removed the necklace. She walked into Leo’s room, careful not to wake him up, and set it on his bedside table.

‘This way, he won’t forget me.’ She thought silently. She quickly left Leo’s room and jumped to the lower levels.

‘This is it.’ She fought back tears. ‘The last time I’ll see the Lair.’ And with that last thought, she left.

*April has an older sister named Robyn. She makes an appearance in the 2k3 episode “Trouble With Augie”, but is better known for her appearances in the comics.

** A bit of a joke from the 2k3 episode “the Way of Invisibility”, since Casey’s first visit to the Lair resulted in several broken furniture items, as well as a busted DVD player.
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel4000

FallenAngel4000

Warning Level :

ALL OF 'DEM!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:21 am

OMG i'm tears (not literaly but still the emotion is there) tell me what happens TELL me you Can't leave me hanging!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mcazevedo

mcazevedo

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:04 am

NO! Evelyn, don't leave! You and Leo belong to each other!

Ahem, now that I made a fool of myself, I'd like to say that this was a fantastic chapter.
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:20 am

Hehe don't worry. Leo has a trick up his sleeve...if he had sleeves...that metaphor doesn't really work for the turtles does it? Anyway, I'm on a role now, so chapter 24 should be up pretty fast, no promises though since life likes to prove me wrong! Thanks for all the amazing comments guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:08 am

Woohoo! I finished it! As a fair warning, I ended it with another cliffhanger. (*hides*) Eep! Don't hate me!

I don't own Batman, sadly. How cool would that be though? I'd totally make him drive me around in the Batmobile if I did!

Chapter 24: Abandonment Issues and Prowlers

Leo’s eyes flashed open. He sat upright, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. It must have still been very early in the morning, around three probably. He looked around but couldn’t figure out what had woken him. He sighed, deciding it was nothing. He lay back down in bed looking at his bedside table. ‘Wait. Is that…’ He sat up again, grabbing the necklace. His head snapped in the direction of his door as the heard the sound of the Lair door being opened downstairs. He sprang out of bed, running towards the noise. He opened his door just in time to see the Lair door closing, obscuring the dark silhouette of a girl walking through the sewers.

Master Splinter sighed, coming out of another late night meditation. A sadness filled him, knowing what had been troubling him had finally happened. He now knew whatever had been bothering him was somehow connected with Evelyn. He also knew he had realized this too late.

Evelyn had only made it a few steps away from the Lair door when the sound of it reopening made her stop walking and turn around. Leo ran through it, but stopped abruptly when he saw her. They stared at each other in silence for several minutes.

“Don’t leave.” Leo finally said.

Evelyn continued to stare at him. She slowly shook her head.

“But why not?!” He demanded, trying to keep his voice low.

“You know why.”

“No, I don’t! What about the crystal? It kept you from transforming! All we need to do is find the right amount and-“

“-Doni and I have been trying. We tried it while you were on a training run. Even the smallest dose makes me too happy, and it heightens my elemental magic. I have zero control over my instincts when I’m like that Leo, and we both know they can be dangerous too.”

“It’s the injection, right? Doni said it’s more potent than a blast. Just wait until he finishes making a magic-tech gun, then it will be the right amount!”

“But even then it would lower my control on my magic wouldn’t it? And if there’s even a chance I might hurt one of you…” She shook her head again.

“This is so stupid!” He cried. “You aren’t dangerous! Why do you think you are? You’ve never hurt one of us!”

“I burned your hand when we were meditating, I pushed you back with elemental magic when we were sparring, and I-I…” She started to cry a little now. “I killed people Leo!” She put her head in her hands. “People! Don’t you understand? Living breathing people! With names! With lives! Some of them might have even had families!”

Leo walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. “It was instinct. You didn’t have control over it.”

She pulled her hands away from her face, but still wouldn’t meet Leo’s gaze. She looked away from him. “My point” she mumbled in a hardened voice, “exactly.”

He stared at her knowing he wasn’t going to win this fight. He lowered his arm from her shoulder.

“Goodbye Leo.” She turned to leave.

“Wait.” He said softly.

She turned back around, now noticing the necklace he was carrying in his hand. He lifted it out to her.

“Take this.”

“I-I can’t.”

“Please. This way we will always be connected.” He pointed at the yang symbol he was wearing.

Evelyn sighed. “Ok.” She took the necklace gently. She put her bag down and fastened it around her neck. Picking the bag up, she walked over to Leo and gave him one last kiss on his cheek. “Goodbye.” She turned and quickly ran off in the direction of the manhole.
Leo watched her. He didn’t want to watch her leave, but it was as if he no longer had a choice in what he did. When she was out of sight, he was broken from this trance like state and went back into the Lair.

Karai walked towards him. “Do you know where Evelyn is?” She asked quizzically. “I heard noises and noticed she was not sleeping in her bed anymore.” She looked tired and was still in her black sweat pants and blue T-shirt she normally wore to bed.

He only looked back towards the door.

“I-I do not understand.” She said, sensing his sadness and frustration. “Did she go to the surface for a while?”

“She left, Karai.” He said softly.

“What do you mean, ‘she left’?” She asked. Panic rose within her.

“I mean she’s gone and she isn’t planning on coming back.”

“H-how do you know?! She might have needed fresh air, or…or…” She racked her brain for another plausible explanation for her sister to leave in the middle of the night.

“I know because I watched her leave.” He looked down at the floor.

“You did not stop her?!”

“I tried.”

“Not hard enough!” She cried. Her fists curled into tight balls. “You should have forced her! You should have explained why she could not leave! You should have told her what this would do to us!” Her voice rose. “It is your fault!” Karai punched him in the face.

Leo stood there, not trying to resist.

Karai began to breathe heavily. The image of the last time her parents walked out of their house played through her mind over and over again. Her mother had started to cry when they were walking down the street, she remembered. She had been watching them from the window, the way she had always done when her parents left. But usually she was at one of their friends’ houses or one of their friends came to their house to watch her. She had never been left alone like that before. The house had been completely empty. She remembered suddenly realizing they must be leaving for good, and running out of the house calling their names. Tears slid down her cheeks, both now and back then. They hadn’t looked back.

She fell to her knees. “If only I had followed them.” She whispered through tears. “They might have changed their minds.”

She remembered Shredder taking her in and how relieved she was. She’d been cold, hungry, tired, and most of all, alone. But that relief and happiness was cut short when she realized he didn’t love her. She was only a slave to him. One more body that could do his bidding. She’d been denying this to herself and to others, including her sister. She needed his love to be true, because if it wasn’t, how much easier would it be for him to leave her than her parents who might have truly cared for her? When Evelyn told her she was breaking out, she’d felt betrayed. She had yelled at Evelyn and told her she was wrong, even though she knew she was right. If only she’d followed her, or talked to her, told her how much she really meant to her, she might not have left.

*She remembered the first time Shredder hit her. It had been on his spaceship headed for the Utrom homeworld. It had hurt, but hadn’t surprised her. She’d known deep down he didn’t love her, and so, this betrayal didn’t sting as bad as her parents’. But it had brought back memories of the hurt they’d caused her that she’d kept stuffed down deep inside. **That’s why she’d sworn vengeance on the turtles. She had mistakenly blamed them for her hurt…just like she was doing to Leo now.

She stood up and wiped the tears from her eyes.

Leo wouldn’t meet her gaze. He clenched his teeth, anticipating another blow of some kind.
Karai sighed and then did something Leo hadn’t expected. She hugged him.

“It is not your fault.” She told him. “I am sorry.” She held him tighter as she began to sob.

Leo recovered from his shock and put his arms around her, trying to console her as Evelyn would have.

“I’m going to tell you a secret.” He whispered in her ear. “I put a tracer on her necklace.”

“You put a tracking device on her? How…I mean, did you suspect she would do something like this?”

“She…she told me she was thinking about it.” Leo pulled away slightly, beginning to feel uncomfortable.

“And…she did not feel as if she could trust me enough to tell me also?” Karai looked down at the floor, tears coming faster.

Leo shook his head vigorously. “That’s not it at all. She loves you more than anything, Karai. You have to believe that. She didn’t want you to worry.”

Karai laughed slightly. “She did not want me to worry?” She sighed. “Still as overprotective as ever. Although, she did not think this one through very well. I am going to be worried about her until…”

“Until we find her.” Leo said determinedly.

She smiled, hope swelling within her. She suddenly began to cry again, looking grief stricken. “But…she would not have taken the necklace. She would have given it back to you.”

“Trust me. I know for sure she has it.”

“In that case,” She smirked. “Why are we standing around? We need to follow her!”

Leo nodded. “Let’s wake the others up first. I have a feeling we’re going to need as much help as we can get!”

“Couldn’t this have waited until morning?” Mikey yawned.

“No. This is important.” Leo frowned.

“Not important enough to wake up your girlfriend I see.”

“Mikey…Evelyn is not here. That is the problem.” Karai said softly, grabbing his arm.

“What do you mean she isn’t here?” Doni asked quizzically.

“She finally made up her mind and decided to leave huh?” Raph asked sadly.

“What do you mean, ‘finally’?”

“It’s a long story.” Leo sighed. “But what we need to focus on right now is that she’s left. I put a tracking device on her, so following her shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Then what do you need us for?” Joi asked.

“I talked to her before she left…” Leo looked towards the ground. “And I couldn’t convince her to stay by myself. I need help from all of you.”

She nodded. “We’ll help, right guys?”

“Of course we will.” Doni nodded. “We might not always see eye to eye, but…she’s still family.”

“You will have my support as well, my son.” Master Splinter informed him. He hadn’t said a word up until now.

“Thank you, Sensei.” Leo smiled slightly.

“We must be very careful. I have a feeling Shredder will still be looking for Miss Evelyn. We may encounter him while we are on the surface.”

The four brothers nodded.

Leo ran grabbed the transceiver for the tracking device he had placed on the couch. A glowing dot moved across the screen, resembling Evelyn.

“Right now, it looks like she’s by Central Park. What is she thinking? Central Park at night?! She has more sense than that!”

“Calm down.” Karai put a hand on his shoulder. “She used to go there to get away from everything when we visited New York. It is a nostalgic place for her and probably brings her comfort.”

“But still.” He sighed. “Alright. No more distractions! Let’s go after her!”

“To the TurtleMobile!” Mikey cried, pointing towards the Lair door in a very Batman-Esq fashion.

“We talked about this Mikey. You should not make jokes at inappropriate times.” Karai chided.

“Sorry. It helps with the stress though…” He frowned as they walked through the sewers and to the BattleShell.

‘Did I do the right thing? What am I thinking, of course I did. I knew it was the right decision as soon as I saw Leo sleeping so peacefully...But still. I hope I’m not causing any of them pain. Especially Karai. Will she understand I’m not abandoning her? That I’m leaving for her own good?’ Evelyn sighed, sitting on a park bench. It might not have been the safest place to be at three o’clock in the morning, but Central Park had a calming effect on her, and a bit of stability was worth risking a couple of late night prowlers she could probably take down in her sleep.

She rubbed her temples tiredly.

“Ah. Miss Sake.”

Evelyn’s head snapped to attention. In front of her was a man dressed in all black, including a black mask that obscured his face.

“You’re kidding me right?” She groaned. “So how many of you cronies are there today?”

“Only me.” He smirked.

She looked at him curiously.

“I’ve reported your presence to your father. He’s instructed me to give you a warning. Turn yourself in now and we won’t hurt your friends. Except your traitorous sister of course…shame. You both had crushes on me when you were younger, didn’t you?” He smirked under his mask. He put a finger under Evelyn’s chin, raising it so their eyes met.

She smacked his hand away. “That was a long time ago, Usotsuki.” She spat. “And it’s not as if the feeling was strong, or mutual.”

“Ah. But that was before you had both blossomed into womanhood.”

She growled, punching him in the face.

Usotsuki smirked. “I’ll take it you aren’t coming with us peacefully. That’s ok. It will make this more interesting.”

In what seemed like seconds Evelyn was surrounded by Foot Ninja.

“I thought you said we were alone!”

He shrugged. “I lied.”

Evelyn grimaced as she unsheathed her katanas.

Usotsuki only laughed. He stealthily slipped a hand into one of the hidden pockets in his shirt and pulled out a tranquilizer full of poison. While Evelyn was distracted, he jabbed it into her arm.

Evelyn’s eyes widened. She began to feel dizzy. She took a step forward, almost immediately falling to her knees, until she finally passed out altogether.

Usotsuki sighed. “That was too easy.” He picked the teenager up, slinging her over her shoulder. He turned to face the waiting ninjas. “Well, what are you standing around for? We have a present to deliver to Shredder!”

Leo looked at the transceiver curiously. “She’s left the park.”

“Where’s she headed to know?” Doni asked.

“I’m not sure. Back into the city I think. It almost looks like…” He stopped abruptly.

“Like she is going to the Shredder’s skyscraper.” Karai finished for him.

“You don’t think they caught her…” Don asked worriedly.

“I am afraid that is most likely what has happened my son.” Master Splinter sighed.

“She…she’s definitely headed towards Shredder’s headquarters.” Leo swallowed.

“So then, what do we do know?” Mikey asked.

“We go after her. Duh.” Joi smirked. “Who’s ready for a good old fashion fight?”

“Before breakfast?” Mikey whined.

“Hey, I don’t control the Foot’s business hours.” She shrugged.

“Master Splinter?” Leo asked tentatively.

The rat nodded. “It is as Miss Joi said earlier. She is family.”

“Well that settles it then.” Raph grinned. “Let’s pay a visit ta old Shred-head.”

(* Reference to the 2k3 episode “Exodus, Part 2)

(**Reference to the 2k3 episode “Exodus, Part 2” and “Scion of the Shredder”)
Back to top Go down
CrazdMikeyfan15

CrazdMikeyfan15

Female
Number of posts : 1858
Warning Level :

Favorite Turtle : I love Mikey the most for his childish humor (and kick butt fighting style with those chucks!) that makes me laugh evey time I see an eppie with him in it, no matter how many times I see that episode. YET...I have come to respect them all. Donnie for his strong intellect and ability to make a smart joke (which, most of the time, I get them!), Raph for his Tough Turtle attitude and soft side (OMGsh, so CUTE!!), and Leo for his leader personality and caring for his family (if only he didn't take the blame so much...). And who could forget Master Splinter, the rat that loves and trains and is funny in his "old man" way!
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 am

Please don't take this one the wrong way, but I've been ignoring your story. But, all last night, I stayed up till 2 reading the whole story. And, since you are the only one who is reading my fanfic, I have to read this, and I've been missing out!! This story is great!
Back to top Go down
Leo'sGirl

Leo'sGirl

Female
Warning Level :

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:08 am

Really?! Thank you! I'm flattered! Big grin I'm so glad you like it that much! Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angels and Demons   Angels and Demons - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angels and Demons
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next